#$%#@%^$%^ trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, May 21, 2012.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Had a couple nasty little storms come in thru here today.

I have tons of trees, so one came thru and it looks like lightning took out a tree of mine, luckily up front and not near the house.

Looks like hell, but it is a lot of tree unfortunately now stuck in the larger branches of the tree located in front of it........

I dunno if the chainsaw on a stick will work, or if I will have to fire up the Stihl and take the whole tree down(trying to avoid that since it partially blocks view of hillbillies next door).....

Somehow I see a rope to the tractor or car/truck involved, but this is looking like it might end up being a real PIA and I seriously abhor paying anyone for stuff like this(tend to do it myself)

Oh well, cant do a damned thing about it now anyhow and it could always be worse.

Need to fire up a blunt and put Bobby McFerrin in for some tunes:wink: 

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I can understand you not wanting to pay but i doubt getting the busted tree off the good one is a one man job so your either going to need to rounds up some buddies to help you or hire a tree service.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You can tie a rope around something and throw the heavy end over a branch, then once you get both rope ends in your hands , pull.
    f ladders.

Or tie it to the back of your car and yank the sumbich. Uhaul trucks are good yankers.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can hire a tree service, they have equipment and manpower (hopefully) to help you out.

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I've done my share of amatuer tree service, so take it from me. Get someone who knows what they are doing. Maybe a relative or a friend of the family can do it for cheap or free. If not, hire a company to do it.

I've had to deal with the "tree fell into another tree" problem a couple times and it can be scary. The first time, we ropped it off like no body's business and got the tree to go where we wanted. The second time didn't turn out so well and that thing swung around, it was pretty scary. No one got hurt but they could have. So play it safe.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Just a little lighter fluid and a match is all ya need.

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Yeah, when you have two trees tangled together, it is more difficult than simply cutting up a tree that fell down. Get some help. And a blunt doesn't count as help.

8. 3.8TransAM

Said screw it today, worked a lot last week and my days off havent been exactly fun between landscaping and packing selling at a show all day and then coming home.

Fell asleep in the chair during my lawn/tree time lol

Looking at it in daylite, I can cut the branch of one tree broken and holding it up.

If the larger tree and branches drop any little bit out of the other tree they fell in, it would make my life pretty easy.

Might happen t'row in the morning or wait till next week, we shall see.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, you could always be a man & gather a bunch of your friends to clear em way with your trucks.

Also, look on the bright side. At least this way, you know that Unicron's probably back in stasis.

10. 3.8TransAM

Branches are still hanging there due to time out due to back pull and now wedding this weekend.

Oh well, I mowed under it today and it didnt fall and kill me

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ Isn't it easier just to ask the neighborhood kid that cuts everyone's lawn to cut and fix the lawn up for you? ^^