3D Artwork: Treadshot's Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    I plan on arming regular vehicons with the spares so they're duel weilding.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Heh, yeah. My regular Vehicon will probably end up holding the bladed version in his hand and have the other two blunt ones mounted on his arms. I mean, it's totally not overkill. :D  :lol 

------------------------------------------------------------------

WIP: FR Upgrade Kit for Legion Cliffjumper

[​IMG]

Got this idea from a fellow Radicon a while ago. I'm working on a Shapeways kit based (loosely) on astig's Frenzy and Rumble custom (with his input, of course). So far I've gotten the back guns done, and the little piece you see in the corner? That'll be a piledriver soon.

The version I have here will have a few extra features. Aside from being piledrivers and guns like astig's version, the pieces will also attach to the vehicle. The back guns will attach to the side of Legion Cliffjumper (think G1 Track's third mode) as 'wings' while the piledrivers will combine into a roof mounted missile launcher. As with Ailon and Zirca, this kit will not require any modifications to the existing toy.

Hope you all like what I've got so far. :) 

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and eventually appreciated. :thumb ​

3. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

That works. But now I can't stop thinking about Zombie Cliff modified with jet vehicon parts

4. Treadshot A1

:lol  That would be cool to see. It'd be interesting to see someone kitbash Ailon onto a Legion Cliffjumper. :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------

FR Upgrade Kit for Legion Cliffjumper

[​IMG]

An upgrade kit based on astig's custom Frenzy and Rumble for Legion Cliffjumper. Includes two wing guns and two piledrivers. Kit requires no modifications to Legion Cliffjumper.

[​IMG]

When one realises that they're a tiny robot, the first thing to do is of course get a pair of wing guns that attach two slots on the back of the shoulders. Not only are they useful for anti-air combat, they can also be used to hit regular-sized robots on the ground! They can also be handheld via 3mm pegs, for taking out other Legion class robots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The FR Upgrade Kit's piledrivers attach as extensions to Cliffjumper's arms using 3mm pegs, for when those annoying rocks simply must get out of your way. For best results, aim resulting fragments at nearby enemies. When fragments at random trajectories simply don't cut it anymore, or when rocks are no longer as plentiful as they were before you started using these piledrivers, take solace in the fact these piledrivers also double as missile launchers, which can be handheld using the outer 3mm peg. Simply aim, fire and realise the rocks that should be protecting you from the resulting explosions, had just been shattered by you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For more frantic and frenzied scenarios, though, handheld missile launchers that require aiming aren't necessarily a match for two missile launchers combined together! Especially when they're facing opposite directions. No need to even aim, just stand in the middle of a battlefield and wait for the explosions!

Dsiclaimer: Do not aim missile launcher at eye or face. Also, do not aim missile launcher directly away from eye or face!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for when walking just doesn't suit you, add everything to your vehicle mode! Wing Guns finally become actual guns on wings (flying upgrades may cause drastic increase in fuel consumption) and a missile launcher that you don't aim, becomes a roof-mounted, rotating missile launcher that you don't have to aim!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the FR Upgrade Kit for Legion Cliffjumper. :) 

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and increasingly appreciated. :thumb ​

5. Ranger Silver 6

since it is just a legion I might gick up an extra cliff to do just that

6. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Nice set Threadshot! I might pick these up. ;) 

7. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    very nice. I look forward to seeing them in the real world :D 

8. Treadshot A1

I'm picking up two! :lol  I'm definitely going to make both Rumble and Frenzy, it just wouldn't be right in my mind to only have one and not the other....or maybe just Rumble...

...come to think of it, Rumble would be easier, since Cliffjumper's already red...

Also, Ranger I finally got around to making that piece you wanted (see below). It may or may not work though, see the disclaimer at the end of this post.

Oh no. Smogon has officially invaded TFW. Why is it everywhere I go I inevitably get called Threadshot? WHY PRIMUS, WHY???!!! :lol 

Thanks for the kind words daimchoc. :) 

As do I. Thanks WuLongTi!

-------------------------------------------------

Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter

[​IMG]

"With Exceed units gaining more and more of a reputation, even adapting the Exceeds for Adele units could not keep up with demand. However, Madorna Workshop postponed the creation of more adapters. Too many Exceeds too quickly could expose the many stories behind each Exceed's creation. It was only after the EFF realised Cloudlash and Quakeburst's ties with Bisidian that Madorna Workshop created the Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter, eager to capitalise on demand before information spread.

Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter on Shapeways

[​IMG]

The choice of Genoace Custom as the next unit to receive Exceed compatibility was partly forced. Sensing the need to sell units quickly, Madorna Workshop focused on fulfilling its highest grossing order. Quakeburst units for 6 pilots; 5 silver Genoace Customs and their leader's blue-grey Ranger-Genoace Custom. The fact that Genoace lineage suits were common left Madorna Workshop no other choice, but to use the Genoace line as a last source of work before discontinuing the Exceeds altogether."

[​IMG]

Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter on Shapeways

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter. :) 

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and nervously appreciated. :thumb ​

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Genoace Custom model kit (I have not found it in my local stores yet). Model has been made using approximate measurements. As the model has not been tested yet, I cannot be sure it will work. By purchasing this model you understand that the model may not work with Genoace Custom.

Note: Above fan-fiction may include references to other users, for no reason other than "why not?". ;)  :lol  Continuously pestering me will not result in a reference to you being included in future fan-fiction.

Note to those unfamiliar with Artistic License: Just because fan-fiction mentions that the Exceeds were discontinued after the Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter's creation, does not mean there will not be more Exceeds. It just means I will have to think a lot harder to write them into fanon. ;) 

9. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Typo... :lol  TSA1 for short then? ;) 

Do some mock ups please. ;)  Oh, and what do you plan on for the heads?

10. Ranger Silver 6

Oh I'm picking up 2 cliffs and 1 tailgate so I can use both sets. And I've already thought of a way to make the jet set work on him

11. Treadshot A1

TSA1, A1, anything really. It's only "Threadshot" that's become a running gag for some reason (h isn't that close to t on the keyboard is it...? It's the next row down... :(  :lol ).

As for heads, I discussed it with astig and we both ended up at the conclusion that replacement heads at this scale were simply not practical. In his case, he said he was originally going to use a nail to make the heads swivel, but superglued them due to space. As for my kit, I wanted it to be like Zirca and Ailon and require zero modifications, so I decided to leave the head as is. Besides, horns like that for robots called Rumble and Frenzy? Regardless which is red and which is blue, I'd say horns kinda suit them. :) 

Lucky. I wish I could find a Tailgate around here. It'd be so much easier to paint Tailgate blue for Frenzy (or Rumble if you grew up with the G1 animation error) than it is to paint Cliffjumper blue. :) 

I do look forward to seeing what you do with Ailon on the CJ mold. If it works well, my wallet might just hate you for making me want to make one as well! :lol 

So...does the Adapter along with Prime13's Quake Shaldoll photos finally make the Quakeburst more appealing? :lol  Sorry it took so long, bro. Hope it works if you do get it one day. :) 

12. Ranger Silver 6

Oh the quakeburst has always been appealing, it was an issue of cost and a broken knee on the genoace that needs fixing

13. Treadshot A1

Oh right. I didn't see your post in the Gundam threead, woops. Hope the knee's not that badly smashed up. I don't recall a pic of that.

If it makes you feel any better, a similar break occurred with one of my kits (my G-Exes almost lost an arm from the piece holding the polycap snapping). Luckily mine was fixed with superglue. Hope it's as easy a fix for yours. :) 

14. Ranger Silver 6

Its not so much smashed as split, hang on I've got a pic somewhere. I could fix it, but I am looking into replacing it instead for now. What it is is that there was an air bubble in the plastic that caused it to snap. I will stop so I don't derail your thread

Attached Files:

15. Treadshot A1

Ouch. Haven't seen a split like that in a long time. Looks like the entire I-Beam got sheared clean off. Hope you can fix it. I don't have the kit, otherwise I'd see if there was an easy fix.

Anyways, more fiction. I did say I would have to think harder about writing more Exceed fan-fiction, and this one almost did my head in! :lol 

---------------------

Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter: Thrusters?

[​IMG]

"Cheap, easy, disposable. Not words normally applied to new technology, but if there was one thing Bisidian could celebrate, it was that more speed for the Cloudlash had become a practical reality. Madorna Workshop's Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter had become a rather cheap source of thrusters, plug and play Exceed boosters. Bisidian revived its Cloudlash fleet, revised as interceptors, holding back enemy formations on short notice, not afraid to lose a few cheap dragons due to crashes. After all, cheap thrusters rushed by Madorna Workshop were known for fuel leakages and inherent explosiveness. It's just that EFF pilots never lived to tell the tale of a Bisidian dragon's self-immolation, stranded inside a melting MS their last memory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not enjoying losing pilots left and right, the EFF's Strikecharge fleet was brought back into service, much to the dismay of uninformed pilots, the memory of cheap Blue Dragon mind tricks still fresh in the minds of many. Only a handful were aware of the true plan. With the Strikecharges ready for destruction, no value was left in the fleet, while Bisidian still preferred Cloudlashes to survive where possible. All Strikecharges were modified with new thrusters, ready to intercept the interceptors. If Bisidian was only willing to blow up half its fleet, the EFF would match fire with more fire, the entire Strikecharge fleet given only one purpose: Blow up Cloudlashes and whatever's left after that."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the other use for the Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter. :) 

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and remarkably appreciated. :thumb 

NOTE: Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter is not compatible with GCA-150 Sabretooth Exceed or GMB-400 Quakeburst Exceed. When Genoace Custom Exceed Adapter is attached to SGW-037 Cloudlash Exceed or GFB-070 Strikecharge Exceed, models no longer combine with GMB-400 Quakeburst Exceed.​

16. Ranger Silver 6

well...hopefully Madorna put more care into the first set they put together. That's all I can say

17. Treadshot A1

:lol 

Don't worry Ranger. The set of 6 Madorna made for the six Genoace Customs were made as per usual. It was only when news spread and Bisidian requested that their entire Cloudlash fleet be outfitted with these thrusters, that corners started being cut.

That said, don't push those thrusters too hard! :lol 

18. Ranger Silver 6

so don't put it on my Jeff Gordon G-Exes, got it

19. Treadshot A1

:lol  That's one way to interpret it!

I'm pretty sure (read: 90%) that it won't blow up...often... ;) 

-----------------------------------------------------

Ailon v2

So, this is what I got in the mail yesterday.

[​IMG]

To be fair, it works. It's just that "works" is not good enough for Treadshot. The one thing I couldn't stand about it was the wingspan being so....wide. I mean, in vehicle mode it works (jet = large wings), but the robot mode couldn't afford to have that much width. And army would look remarkably weak if its soldiers were stationed that far apart from each other.

Of course, Treadshot has a solution, as usual.

This is Ailon v2.

[​IMG]

Cutting straight to the chase, differences from the previous version include new two-piece wings, hinged wing connections and a slightly reworked blaster, and some minor changes.

Here's how the wings work now:

[​IMG]

The wings have been connected to the rear wings, and they attach to the side binders via a 3mm clip (yes, that does mean that other 3mm clip pieces may be attached, as long as the clip is not hindered by kibble).

That clip gives rise to a 90 degree hinge, giving this result:

[​IMG]

Wide wingspan in robot mode? Not anymore! Fold away the wings and march into battle alongside your fellow troops!

As for the Blaster, the main change was just to enlarge the 'barrels' to make them somewhat more threatening. Also repositioned the attachment peg to make it attach more securely to the vehicle mode.

[​IMG]

Hope you all like Ailon v2. :) 

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and incomprehensibly appreciated. :thumb ​

Attached Files:

20. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I'll definitely get an FR set for Tailgate. Not for any repainting--I just love the figure so much that he's getting a shitload of weapons as Tailgate.