3D Artwork: Treadshot's Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Just a bit of extra info on the wings, and why they do sit so low relative to the backpack. Also, an explanation as to the abdomen's detailing.

-------------------------------

The Abdomen does have the green section of it moulded into the part (it's physically round, you just have to paint it green) to represent the GN Drive.

[​IMG]

As for the Wings, they have been built to measurements as according to the reference pictures of Artemie i found. Indeed, they are supposed to be at that height, though since the wings are on ball joints, they can be swiveled up.

It also makes sense since it is meant to be bee-like, so the wings would be on the back, halfway between the hips and neck, instead of being right up near the shoulders. In essence, they've taken Artemie's torso as being equivalent to the thorax, and hence the wings sit below Artemie's shoulders.

Of course, the wings can be swiveled further up. These photos illustrate the what they would look like when swiveled further up. The left wing is 15 degrees further up than in the previous pictures, while the right wing is 30 degrees up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Treadshot A1

Guys, just wanted some advice here. I've been working on a conversion kit for a Gundam kit, and of course that meant making the head for it. Unfortunately, my usual method of making heads just wouldn't work for it (Gundam's have lots of curved structures and whatnot), so i had to try something new.

Indeed, my head designs have received the brunt of criticisms in the past. Something about faces being too flat, mouths being weird, basically not my proudest moment.

I'm wondering, even though this has taken a ridiculously long time to sculpt, is it at all better? I've tried to make more a curved shape, and focus on making the face more rounded and less of a flat plane.

Just really wanting to see if the extra time has been worth it. I've kept most of this head modular, so i can reuse parts from it later, but I don't know if it's been worth the effort.

From the Gundam thread in Toyark:

Early Stages:

[​IMG]

Sometime later:
    [​IMG]

And what i'm up to:

Honeycomb Conversion Kit Update: Head WIP (Part 3)

Quite happy right now. I managed to get the vents and helmet to register together as one piece, and to make things even better the fins on the top were relatively easy to attach. Add that to the fact that the facial details were no where near as much of a pain as i had originally feared, and i think i'm going at an okay pace.

That said, what i've spent working on this head, was more than i spent designing all of Cartridge Robot Beast! And there's still more to do, primarily the detailing and joints now.

I've left out the side panels deliberately, as i need to make those last to accommodate the Normal and Tendril head sculpts. :) 

Hope you guys like what i've got so far.

[​IMG]

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Gotta say, you have UPPED YOUR GAME. Well done.

4. Treadshot A1

Thanks a lot MP. Didn't know you'd been paying attention to this thread. :lol  I'm glad that it's somewhat better than before, else i would have wasted a good half-week of my youth! :D 
    -------------------------------------------

Honeycomb Conversion Kit Update: "Normal" Head!

Yes, it's finally done. I added in the side panels to line up with the head, making sure they fit the outline of the eyes and all that, and of course they follow the curvature of the head and...

...it's past midnight, i'm not in the physical state to write long artistic statments. Enjoy the pics, comment, criticise and i hope you guys like the head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up, the "Tendril" Head, and then it's on to the gun! :) 

5. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Face is too flat and looks like a kitty cat.

6. Treadshot A1

Well looking like a kitty kat isn't my choice, since it is based on Gundam Artemie, which was somewhat cute to begin with.

The face, it's seriously round. Like, round as an egg round. I'm guessing high exposure doesn't help bring that out, so i'll get better pics when i wake up.

7. Treadshot A1

Thanks bro. The Honeycomb kit has been so much work and a lot of new stuff for me, but it seems like it's paid off. :) 

Really? Well...i suppose at least it looks Gundam-ish! :lol 

--------------------------

Honeycomb Conversion Kit Update: Normal Head Completed!

I can't believe it's finally done. Certainly a case of this being one of the more annoying things i've ever done, but it was a learning experience and while a painful one at that, it was effective. So many more curves, many hours spent researching on Wikipedia (which my parents believe was study for my university course next semester...yeah right! :lol ) and a few extensions on the fins to top it all off.

I gotta say, i think if it hadn't been for Squee and Burnout being so eager to help test the kit, i would've probably chickened out after i got the wing pack done, but since i don't want Burnout sending his army after me, that helped me get through this (amazing what fear can do...). :lol 

Anyways, i extended the fins 0.5mm from the previous pictures, to half of what the lengthened fin in the test pic was. I think this is a good compromise to make sure the fin extends past the middle crest, while not being stupidly long.

As always, comment, criticise and i hope you guys like it. I'll move on to the Tendril Head now that this head is done, and then the gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

LOVE the gundam head, ever thought of doing an IDW Arcee head? for various Arcee molds? (Ani, Prime, etc...)

9. Treadshot A1

^Hey Primus_Feather, sorry for the late response. I have thought abnout doing an Arcee Head, as she is one of my favorite characters. What i'm waiting for is just to have a few more character made first, as i want to get hers just right, so i better practice more first. I will make an Arcee head one day, i just don't know when that day will be yet. :) 

--------------------------------

GCA-150 Sabretooth Exceed (for HG 1/144 G-Exes)

"Creating the G-Exes had been a huge step forward in repelling the Vagan. As a compliment to the AGE-1, the suit excelled, being able to match the Gundam's speed and firepower. With a suit almost as powerful as the Gundam, there was finally a testbed for new technology intended for the AGE-2, without risking modifying the Gundam, the best defense against the Vagan. With this in mind, Madorna Factory set about creating the "Exceed"s, optional equipment for the G-Exes to test technology which would later be adopted into the AGE-2.

The first of Madorna Factory's creations was the GCA-150 Sabretooth Exceed. A field test of transforming technology, the Sabretooth's main goal was to gather battle data on the effectiveness of a blaster being used as a jet's nosecone. In addition, the Sabretooth packed 3 remote-controlled Fang Bits, powerful blasters for swarm tactics, equipped with the ability to generate a beam saber at close range.

The Sabretooth Exceed also acted to test whether units could remotely attach and detach weaponry in space. Attaching a Sabretooth to the G-Exes mid-flight was aided by new onboard sensor arrays and advanced camera technology (disguised at the Sabretooth's "cockpit"). The Sabretooth itself could be set on autopilot find G-Exes or act as a manned support fighter.

Ultimately, the GCA-150 Sabretooth proved to be a difficult unit to handle, and as such it saw little action before being retired. The Fang Bits were effective at cutting through Gafran units, but were difficult to control in battle, even for X-Rounder test pilots. However, it's Sabre Blaster, the nosecone of the Sabretooth's jet mode showed its worth providing cover fire, and the technology ultimately found its way onto the Strider Form of the AGE-2."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically i just can't stand having a unit have such an easily accessible attachment point on it's back without a proper set of exchangeable armaments. Perhaps that's why i liked the Strike and Impulse so much. The GCA-150 Sabretooth Exceed is intended as an optional armament for G-Exes, providing him with an extra gun (the Sabre Blaster) and three remotely controlled Fang Bits. Of course, he retains two adjustable thrusters on his back for maneuverability. The Fang Bits are sculpted so you can attach the beam effects pieces of G-Exes to them to allow them to remotely slash at opponents. The Sabre Blaster, Sabretooth Thrusters and Fang Bits all combine into a space fighter, whose reverse wing design was inspired by older arcade "bullet-hell" shooters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sabretooth Thrusters and Sabre Blaster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Fang Bits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the GCA-150 Sabretooth Exceed. As always, feel free to comment, criticise; you guys know i appreciate every response. :thumb ​

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wow that's amazing looking

11. Treadshot A1

Thanks Megatron31.

I'm glad the Sabretooth's design looks good, as it was one of the designs which didn't really have much a basis in existing mecha. While the gun may be inspired by the AGE-2's gun's ability to act as the front of a jet, the rest was a blind shot, so i'm glad it got somewhere close to the target. :) 

12. Treadshot A1

SGW-039 Cloudlash Exceed (for HG 1/144 G-Exes)

*More specifically, this is the version of Vaeta made for Bisidian use, hence it's more skeletal in design than the soon-to-be-released EFF variant.*

[​IMG]

"The SGW-039 Cloudlash Exceed was the only Exceed to not have been developed exclusively by Madorna Workshop. The Cloudlash was a special variant created by Bisidian, under the orders of Asemu Asuno. Modified from the EFF's dragon Exceed, the Cloudlash features a huge improvement in speed by mounting four additional thrusters, scavenged from damaged EFF and Vagan mobile suits. A weapon upgrade in the form of it's Laeva Blade-Whip was also included, allowing the suit to easily cut through enemy MS.

As the name suggests, the Cloudlash was designed as a combination of long and short range weaponry. The twin Cloud Cannons flood the battlefield in beam ammunition in seconds, and are able to auto-fire using built-in cameras and sensor arrays. X-Rounder pilots are also able to control the Cloud Cannons manually. The short-range combat effectiveness came from the Laeva Blade Whip, a heated flexible blade which possessed the ability to melt enemy armour as well as slice through suits. The molten gashes in enemy MS developed a reputation for being difficult to repair due to the rough edges the Laeva would leave in its wake.

The Cloudlash was the Exceed actively deployed for the longest amount of time, serving as valuable cover fire for Bisidian units both offensively and defensively. Indeed, their skeletal wing design, a choice not made by Asemu, but rather forced by a lack of materials, allowed the Cloudlash Exceeds to dodge enemy fire, resulting in the unit being known to often last longer than the Jackedges it was designed to aid. Bisidian only retired its fleet of Cloudlash Exceeds once they reliased the Jackedge casualties were not from enemy fire, but rather the unpredictable Laeva whips indiscriminately disabling any MS unfortunately enough to be nearby. Even Bisidian engineers were not able to repair the damage left by their own Laeva Whips."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the Cloudlash. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and somewhat appreciated. :) 

If anyone wants to hazard a guess as to the inspiration for the Cloudlash, i'll say this: It wasn't Epyon. Though Epyon is cool. :)  Maybe the designation will be a hint as to who gave rise to Cloudlash...​

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what the Sabertooth and Cloudlash stuff are meant to go with, but they are very cool even just by themselves.

14. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    This help? for HG 1/144 G-Exes

Still, nice designs. Keep up the good work Treadshot A1. ;) 

15. Treadshot A1

Woops! Heh, guess i forgot to mention that i've been hanging around the Gundam thread recently. Just got my hands on a few kits recently and one of them has an easily accessible attachment point on the back; High Grade 1/144 G-Exes. This guy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, his backpack is detachable, so i figured i'd make a few other pieces to swap on and off. Sabretooth basically turns into an additional thruster pack and gun for him (along with the Fang Bits, which would be self aiming remote controlled guns/sabers), while the Cloudlash forms a set of wings and twin over shoulder cannons, along with a heated whip sword.

Also, the HG Shaldoll Custom and HG G-Exes Jackedge are two other suits which were developed from the G-Exes, so naturally they can use the Sabretooth and Cloudlash as well (the Cloudlash being designed for the Jackedge's pirate motif, hence the dragon mode instead of a vehicle like Sabretooth).

Anyways, i'm glad they still hold up on their own, even without the G-Exes compatibility to back them up. Thanks for the kind words guys. :) 

Attached Files:

16. Treadshot A1

GFB-070 Strikecharge Exceed​

[​IMG]

"After the success of the Sabretooth as EFF cover fire, Madorna Workshop was secretly contracted to make a second Exceed, one that would increase EFF firepower to levels not seen before. The result was the GFB-070 Strikecharge Exceed, a unique mesh of stealth and strength with a sense of humour all its own.

[​IMG]

Strikecharge was Madorna Workshop's attempt at fooling Vagan pilots. While the unit possessed great firepower, the Strikecharge found its niche in the battlefield in its ability to switch from its Strike Jet form to either its Cannons and Rifle, or the dreaded "Blue Dragon". When attached to the G-Exes, the Strikecharge gave the unit firepower beyond the strength of the AGE-1's DODS weapons, and the Charge Cannons could automatically take down Vagan MS, or be personally controlled by skilled X-Rounder pilots. The X Rifle was a powerful gun, serving as a rapid-fire system for cover fire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Exceed was given the name "Blue Dragon" by Vagan and Bisidian alike, named after the shower of blue bolts unleashed by the Strikecharge's hidden dragon flyer form. With the X-Rifle detached, the Strikecharge's twin Charge Cannons could deploy as a standalone craft. With full access to the firepower of the Charge Cannons with little recoil, the Blue Dragon could easily outflank enemy MS. Playing mind games with the enemy was the Strikecharge's specialty; would you be fighting one heavily armed G-Exes, or have a twin headed dragon unleashing a flurry of bolts at you from who know what angle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the Blue Dragon was a neat mind game and fun for pilots, the trick soon grew stale, and many EFF pilots found it quite cheap, even if it was effective. Vagan armies also adapted to the Blue Dragon's advent, fighting in pairs to reduce the dragon flyer's effectiveness. The Strikecharge also cost the G-Exes, and later the Shaldoll, the use of their rear thrusters, leaving the units slower than newer Vagan designs, which ultimately led to the decommissioning of the Strikecharge fleet. The Charge Cannons proved to be powerful weapons, though, and Bisidian adopted the technology for themselves in their Cloudlash Exceed fleet, while the AGE System used combat data from the Strike Cannons to forge the AGE-2's Double Bullet wear."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the Strikecharge. I hope it's different enough from Cloudlash, even if I did recycle the twin dragon design. :lol  As always, all comments and criticisms are welcome. :thumb 

As an extra feature, the X-Rifle actually ends in the same adapter as my Stranzer and Evala weapon kits, so those weapons can be used as well. Not sure how i'd retcon that into the AGE Storyline, though. :lol 

17. Treadshot A1

GMB-400 Quakeburst Exceed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Space fights were the home of the Exceeds, ever since the debut of the Sabretooth, but ground warfare was a different story. Flying within the atmosphere, the forward facing guns couldn't provide the cover fire the EFF needed. What was needed was a ground support unit, what they got from Madorna Workshop was the GMB-400 Quakeburst Exceed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A heavy artillery support unit, Quakeburst had the sole purpose of blasting holes in enemy forces. Often fighting behind the mobile suit infested front lines, the Quakeburst's onboard sensor array allowed it to fire between formations, and height-adjustable cannons let the sky rain cannon fire. Twin forward-facing blasters made sure the Quakeburst was never caught off-guard, rapid fire being their main use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the sole intent of selling units to Bisidian, Madorna Workshop added their own extra features onto the Quakeburst. A replica of the G-Exes' connector was placed on top of the Quakeburst, allowing Cloudlash units to attach, sharing the two units' armaments. This let Bisidian unleash the fury of their twin dragon cannons. Previously inaccessible due to gravity restricting the dragon heads' movement mid-flight, the Quakeburst provided a stable platform from which to let loose the Cloudlash's power at ground level. Adding the Quakeburst's six thrusters to the Cloudlash's four, the combined unit was able to dash into battle regardless of terrain. The replica connector was not removed by Madorna Workshop from the units sold to the EFF, which led to EFF engineers modifying the Strikecharge, working with both the front X-Rifle and the twin cannons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As with all the Exceeds, Quakeburst was capable of transforming into extra weaponry for G-Exes and the Shaldolls. The Quakeburst split into two back-mounted cannons, extra leg thrusters and the Quake Blaster. While the leg thrusters did inevitably aid movement, and the Quake Blaster did provide rapid fire capabilities, no pilot was ever known for using those armaments. Blasters were often strewn over the battlefield. Only the Quake Cannons were left on many units for their highly destructive capabilities. The cannons were so forceful, Madorna originally passed off the four back mounted thrusters of the Quakeburst to the EFF as being "recoil compensation devices". It was only when Bisidian revealed their Cloudlash/Quakeburst combination's capability of hover-dashing across terrain did the EFF realise they had only been told half the story."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all like the Quakeburst. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and appreciated. :thumb ​

18. Treadshot A1

Some pictures I got from Burnout of the Honeycomb Conversion Kit's sprues:

[​IMG]

We're still trying to figure out what the hell that yellow part on the left is. The rest of it looks fine. :) 

And Sprue A:

[​IMG]

Now let's all hope Burnout gets his GN Archer soon. Very soon. :D 

19. Treadshot A1

Legends Hot Spot Ladder

[​IMG]

A small accessory, but one that i couldn't go without. I found my legends Hot Zone and i just thought...well, that's all well and good, but it's not a fire truck! Hotspot must be a Fire Truck!

This ladders aims to make Hot Zone slightly more believable as an actual fire rescue vehicle. With an adjustable ladder and a water gun/blaster on the end, he can both put out fires and blast those pesky 'Cons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like it. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and appreciated. :thumb 

And no, i don't have any plans for a Legends Defensor, as tempting as that may be. :) ​

20. Treadshot A1

TFP FE Starscream Fusion Boosters

[​IMG]

What if Starscream actually led the 'Cons? He'd have twin Fusion Boosters, that's what. And they'd attach in Jet mode to make him fly even faster!

When you let Starscream finally have the power he desires, what could be better than rubbing it in his former master's face by giving him twin Fusion Cannons? Three missiles either side was never enough to really obliterate the remaining 'Bots. A fusion cannon on each arm...that's twice the firepower that Megatron had!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To add insult to injury, these Fusion Cannons aren't spiked just to look cool. They aren't sloped and sheared just for looks either. They're made to pierce the air, and when they're attached to the side of Starscream's Jet mode, entering orbit is a very real possibility. Powered by Dark Energon, even Starscream struggles to control his flight. He'd never admit that, of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome. :thumb 

I realise i'm way late to the party with FE Starscream, but i wanted to make him actually a viable threat, instead of Megatron's little plaything. That, and boosters on a jet are always cool. :D ​