Travis Barker and Busta Rhymes on TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iwasherenotyou, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Ever since I heard Seether's "Breakdown," I thought it would be a great song for the movie.

"So break me down if it makes you feel right
    And hate me now if it keeps you alright
    You can break me down if it takes all your might
    'Cause I'm so much more than meets the eye"

...Because I can totally imagine Stan Bush's "The Touch" playing during this movie, too.

Oh, totally.

2. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

That comment is abit insensitive to people like me. Any way, could be worse.... Lil Wayne.....

Busta isn't very "gangsta" or like most main stream rappers.

3. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

It's just another case of that old PTA...

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    By that rationale the soundtrack should include "Can U Dig it" by Pop Will Eat Itself. And "We Care A Lot" by Faith No More.
    In fact, that would make it a FAR better soundtrack than including rubbish by Busta Rhymes.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I hope it's only on the soundtrack and not in the movie that way we can not buy it.

6. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

What about something by John Cougar Meloncamp or Gordon Lightfoot?

Gordon Lightfoot's totally gangsta.

7. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

God I hope this isn't in the movie... anything with a needed parental advisory... in a movie should be a little more family oriented just shouldn't belong in anything Hasbro related...

8. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

And this is how you make a bad thing worse.

9. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

No way man... Leaders of the new school were totaly a bunch of hoodlums. :) 

10. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know who these guys are but I don't like the sound of "Busta Rhymes".

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

People like you? What? You're different from everyone else? You're a different kind of person? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds?

People of all colors, races, whatever live in ghettos. So please don't make this a race issue.

And most rap is trash. Most of it is spoken rhyme set against a backdrop of 70s soul samples. Whoopity friggin' doo. One of the only rap songs I like is "Wanna Get To Know You" by G-Unit, simply because it uses a sample of "Come Live With Me Angel" by the late, great Marvin Gaye. Back when music really WAS music.

I don't want crap for a soundtrack. And the "stellar" (okay, I'm being sarcastic with this one...) sales for the last film's soundtrack should prove that the music choices SUCK. The score sold infinitely better and has a bigger fan following. The score had class, the soundtrack was ass.

Simple as that. (and it looks like this film's going to repeat the same formula again.)

When I was a kid, i used to laugh at my parents for listening to the music they listened to, but now as I get older, I can appreciate it more and more. And when you see today's artists go back and sample it, you have to realize that even they figured out "This is gonna suck if we do it all ourselves. Because well...we're untalented shit."

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Who said it was a race issue. Maybe it's a class issue. Maybe people who live in ghettos would find your comment offensive.

13. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

Haha the only Rap song you like is by G-Unit

When music really WAS music? So music today is not the science or art of ordering tones and sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity?

14. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol. This is pretty funny. "Most rap is trash." Correction: most mainstream rap is trash. There is still so much good shit being made I hate when people say the genre is dead. Sometimes we generalize by whats popular, but that doesn't mean its the majority.

Also, anybody who knows about hip hop knows that sampling has always been a part of it. Saying that its cheap is dumb, there are plenty of songs where the DJ's or producers really do use samples to come up with extremely creative beats, but again we are generalizing based on the mainstream.

I'm actually a fan of Busta, but I will admit then in recent years hes just not as good. I hope if his song does make it in, it will be something great, something more like his older work.

15. DECEPTIKONBRAWL

DECEPTIKONBRAWL Autocepticon

meh who cares?a good soundtrack doesn't make a good movie.

16. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Not always true. When I first watched Highlander..I couldn't stand it. I thought it was stupid, silly, and I just couldn't understand it.

I listened to the music by Queen (one of my favorites, ever.) and got into the music, into the story the songs told, and it piqued my interest.

I rewatched Highlander with a new perspective after the music and I quickly found out that there IS more to the story, and it made you think, all while having awesome duels, gratuitous blood and gore, and it was just awesome.

Will Transformers suffer from the same problem? Of course not. But it would be nice having a soundtrack worth a damn.

17. Delta

Delta Well-Known Member

Same could be said for Rock and Roll now-a-days too man.:)