Travelling to the UK for work for a couple of weeks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fr33domgundam, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

So I'm being sent over to the UK for work for a couple of week in a couple of weeks (I'm normally in Montreal, Canada).

This is where I'll be:
    - staying in Basingstoke from July 10th to 15th
    - staying in London from July 15th to 17th
    - back to Basingstoke from July 17th to 23rd
    - the office that I will need to head to during all the work/weekdays is in Hook

I'm told that, during my stay in London that weekend, one of my company's directors will be showing me around, so I'm not too concerned about that portion.

However the 10-ish days that I will be spending the evening/nights in Basingstoke might not be the most exciting thing, depending on what I'm able to do and where I'm able to go. I will be heading there with a colleague and teammate (also from Montreal), though.

So here I am turning to you guys for suggestions.

- Where are good places to eat in Basingstoke? We're open to pretty much any type of cuisine.
    - Any sights/locations around there that I should be seeing? I've been told that since I'm that far out west from London, the Stonehenge isn't that much farther out and might be worth the ride over.
    - And lastly (and most appropriately for the type of forum that we're on here), I know I won't really be looking for TFs or toys or model kits that aren't available here in Canada, but are there any toy/hobby/collectible stores around in that area?

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! :)