Traveling & Purchasing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seeker311, Feb 26, 2010.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Just wondering if you guys have been through this before: when traveling, if you see a TF that you know you can buy back home do you buy then because it feels different since youre traveling? For instance, when I go to Iowa to visit the inlaws, I sometimes buy a TF that could be bought in Tx, but it feels to me like getting a souvenir. Same happened to me when I drove through new Jersey and stopped at a TRU, I had to buy something to remind me of the trip. Anyone else go through this?

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YUP i love buying tformers when im at the beach, makes the trip even more fun, the wife goes clothing shopping at the same stores we have at home too

3. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

When i went to florida i got movie deluxe wheelie and skids, so that would be a yes

4. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If I can get them at home I just wait. I bought Ejector & Scalpel while away at a wedding last summer a few states away, but that was because he was no where to be found by me--yet.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I bought Animated Oil Slick and Jazz while on the road on the way back home from Quakcon back in 2008. Being stuck in the passenger seat, did give me something to do on the way home (long drive back to SoCal from Texas).

6. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

no, unless i come across something that's newly released, which saves me the hassle of having to look for it. Or if it's less expensive. All other things being equal, it's just too much of a pain in the ass to bring it back home.

Of course, for overseas traveling, i've def transported all the contents of my carry on into my check in luggage, and used my carry on to hold some figures.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I usually try to pick up one when ever I got to a new place on travel. It started back in College when I flew down to Philly for an interview and picked up BW Rampage on the way back to the airport.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Sometimes, though not often.

9. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, definitely fun to buy it in a different store. I take pictures of all the different Toys R Us's I've gone to over the last year as well so I can keep track that way. Just in the process of moving some of the pics to my facebook page.

10. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

All the time