Trash TV you enjoy..

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else love some bad tv shows? Stuff you know is garbage but still watch for a laugh? i found a few:

- The Lost Tapes
    Take the myth of hidden creatures like Bigfoot, Giant birds, the mothman, chupacabra, etc. Use the Blair Witch style POV of the cameraman being attacked, etc. It is fairly stupid. most of the time you never even really see anything, and if you do it is only a glimpse. The most I've ever seen was one on Vampires.
    A family buys an old house and is fixing it up. At the end the vampires that were living in the basement walls attack the family. You see brief full shots of them.
    Some the plots make no sense whatsoever. In one a mexican family's young daughter is given a camera for her birthday before they are going to be snuck over the border. The Coyote drops them off in the middle of nowhere. She films the hike till they are attacked. Who is going to do this? Seriously?
    Another some young boys are sneaking off to go skate board at an old abandoned site. The parents of the boy with the camera have gone out. He and his little brother need to get home before their parents do so they don't get in trouble. They bring the camera to record their stunts.. They leave in the lat after noon and it is very dark by the time they get to the abandoned site. If you are going to record video of skateboarding, don't you want to do it during the day light hours?
    yeah it is kinda stupid at times.

- 1000 ways to die
    Spike TV shows this no and then. Kinda funny. It is supposedly real incidents where people died through misfortune or their own stupidity. Most are horrible and most victims were drunk or on drugs. Experts describe what happened to the body in the incident.
    Some are hilarious in a dark humor sort of way. Like in one a musician hides from his landlord by hiding in one of those beds that folds up into the wall. It works, but he is unable to put it back down and dies of compression or suffocation. In another a drunk guy sticks his head out the window of a moving car and gets his head knocked clean off when it hits a mailbox.

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I don't really enjoy trash TV much personally.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

With a title like that how can I not reply with "Jerry Springer"? He's the king of trash! LOL!
    Seriously, my Dad think's I'm nut's for liking that show!

4. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Jersey shore. I love to laugh.

5. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Any of those "current affairs" shows that are basically just an old bigot foaming at the mouth with anger against Obama/the liberal establishment/Cheney/the UN/your auntie Nellie.

As long as you don't take them seriously, even the ones you disagree with are fun to watch.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Our version of The Apprentice, I love watching smug egotistical twats making a complete shambles of relatively simple business activities and then getting annihilated for it.

Anything with SHERIFF JOHN BUNNELL, BECAUSE CROOKS NEED TO FIND OUT THAT CRIME DOESN'T PAY....THE HARD WAY.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'll only really watch trash tv if other people are around. It can really depress the hell out of you.

When I think about unashamedly trashy, well there's those shows where they bring on people to do a test to find out who's the daddy. Maury, Jeremy Kyle, it's a popular format. You feel dirty afterwards, and watching it is a total waste of time, but it gives a tremendous feeling of self-satisfaction. People from the slums, the streets, the ghettos, pimping out their personal tragedies for our cheap entertainment.

Then there's the other end of the spectrum, which is much of what you'll see on MTV these days, most perfectly epitomized by that 'Sweet Sixteen' show.

As Charlie Brooker observes, it's like an Al Qaeda recruitment video:

YouTube - Charlie Brooker on My Sweet 16

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I've been watching a lot of reality lately because I've run out of real shows that I haven't already seen. On my recent list:

Whale Wars- what a bunch of douchbags even if I agree with their cause.
    Hoarders- Being a toy collector, I really hope I don't turn out like some of these people. It's really scary.
    What Not to Wear- I just wanna bone Stacey London.
    Tosh.O- I like all the net videos.
    Gene Simmons' Family Jewels- Shannon Tweed is still smokin.
    Man v. Food- Hungry heart attack is all I gotta say.
    Pawn Stars- How the fuck did these idiots ever get a show.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Operation Repo- just love it.

Silent Library- MTV's late,late night programming. It's so terrible, but i watch it when i can't sleep.

TruTV's World's most Dumbest....- It builds my self esteem to see those fuckers look bad/stupid.

10. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen the ones where two guys are riding in the desert and get attacked by the Mongolian Deathworm and where a girl is out on her boat and gets attacked by a sea monster (didn't see the end of that one). That show is so horrible it's great.

At one point, we had several reality shows here in Taiwan, but they're all dead now. The wife and I used to watch the Apprentice and ANTM.

The worst trash TV show on TV here in Taiwan has got to be CSI: Miami. God that show is ******ed.

11. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Desperate Housewives and What Not to Wear (whenever I get a chance to watch them, kinda ironic that I rarely watch TV these days).

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I'll second Man vs. Food and Pawn Stars. They're both try to sound so smart, but in the end it's just empty calories.

A guilty pleasure that I was always sucked into while it was still on was To Catch A Predator. I would always think to myself "this is so shameless and low-brow" but found myself glued to the TV every time it came on. Especially when MSNBC would run it for ten hours straight.

13. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Flavour of Love was awesome.

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yep and I love New York. Hell, I made an audition tape lol.:crazy: 

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    is it me or are 95% or so completely staged?

I love this show as well. Especially the criminal ones.

16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

It's all completely reenacted from supposed actual repos, and not just repos those guys. Funny, but definitely not "TRU" Tv.

17. rattrap007

News Credits:
    figured it had to be faked. Some, like smashing the car, I can see as "real". But the guy running out in a chicken suit or a LARPer in costume, I just don't buy.

18. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Oh, now I see what you meant by trash TV. Supernanny and Toddlers and Tiaras then. Both are terrifying looks into an awful parent's psyche, and I absolutely love using them as a way to discuss child psychology with my family.

19. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

That and Manswers

Is it awful that Quagmire going "Dear diary; Jackpot!" was the first thing I thought when those strippers pretending to be college cheerleaders electrocuted themselves on 1000 ways

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    :lolol