Transtech Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ssjautobot, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    looking for pics and info for Transtech Optimus Prime. i never heard much about this series until recently. was it supposed to be a sequel to beast machines? and how was optimus prime going to come back if it was?

and info and/or pics would be appreciated

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

3. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    That one is so Primal-like.

And this one... probably turned out to be Armada and Energon Prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Not knowing much about "Transtech", I can only say that I wished this line had materialised. Some (most) of that stuff looks very interesting and workable...

6. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

I would like to see some of these designs come back, perhaps Hasbro may take the suggestion well if some of us bring it up at Botcon this year....

7. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I'm going to go so far as to say that the movie designs are as close to Transtech as we can get without actually being Transtech. The vehicle modes are earth based, no mistaking that, but the 'bot modes seem very TT inspired. Sort of a G1 world with a Transtech sensibilty.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems to come up once or twice per Botcon and Archer's sentiments are that he never liked the concepts or ideas and that's why the line was canned. Or something along those lines. Of course, the fact that it was a follow up series to one of the worst TF series of all time might have had something to do with it too...

9. optimus_prime_rules_007

But that is no reason they simply cannot change the back story. Well, maybe it will be brought up again this year.

10. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    thanks for the pics, but was it going to be a true sequel like beast machines was to beast wars?

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, anything is possible! :thumb 

But, if I might ask, I've noticed that you really can't stand the movie line figures, but that you seem to like the Transtech protos. To me they both look very very similar so what is it that differentiates them to you? Not trying to start a debut. Just curious.

12. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

so glad this series never happened. they suck x10

13. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

For me: Transtech looks pretty neat, but its the case of being able to see the characters in the production. Shockwave, Soundwave, Optimus, you have signiture body builds, head sculpts, color patterns, etc. You don't have that in the Movie stuff. Starscream I have a hard time with, and Megatron I would have had a hard time with if it hadn't been for the fact that Armada was produced instead and some design sensibilities carried over to him. But even the likes of Cheetor I can see, and I've NEVER had anything to do with the Beast runs.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I have never really seen the appeal of Transtech. A lot of the designs just look weird and unappealing.

15. optimus_prime_rules_007

I don't mind you asking at all dude.

Well, I guess it's that, to me, the movie designs of the robots don't fit the vehicle modes or really what I think the characters should look like in a live action rendition of my all time favourite toyline.

Transtech was supposed to be a very futuristic look for the robot and vehicle modes and I think the designs fit that aspect well. I suppose it just comes down the fact I really want the movie to look more G1-esk than it does. Since Transtech was never meant to be live action, I think it fits.

Hope that helps people understand my look a bit better.

In all honesty I know I give the movie and the toyline a lot of flack, but that is onl;y because I do care about the Transformers and the way they are handled. I think the people involved in the movie are handling it poorly.

To be honest, even with Hasbro I am not overly pleased. Aaron Archer does make some decisions that make me shake my head. For instance, he approved Armada, but not Transtech? He approved of the movie designs, despite the fact I'm sure he's gonna hear a lot of bad and good come Botcon about it.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm. That makes sense. Futuristic take Vs. Bay's take and all. Myself, I like both Transtech and *most* of the movie designs, but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Funny thing about Archer, I recall being told that he stated at one of the panels *or something* where he was apparently asked if they had expected the huge fan backlash and hatred towards Movie Megatron and his response was something to the affect of: I was ready for and expected it, but I don't think ILM really understood how bad the backlash would be even though I warned them.

I'm just paraphrasing what I was told by a friend and what I read online at one point, but it was something along those lines if I remember correctly.

17. optimus_prime_rules_007

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. I just find it hard to believe that when the lead designer at Hasbro says that's a bad idea, you would think the movie people would listen. The backlash on Megatron and Starscream seem the worst of the bunch. At least i will say this about the movie designs, as much as I hate them....

Ratchet is still a rescue vehicle.

Prime is still a big rig and looks a bit like Prime.

Bumblebee is still yellow...

Jazz is.... uhhhh.... a sports car... with Cat ears....

That's about all I have.

Oh yeah, at least they gave me Peter Cullen, for all other respects I will see the movie simply because HE is the voice of the one and true Prime.

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting, I thought I had seen all of the Transtech stuff before, but I have never seen these two images. Thanks!

19. optimus_prime_rules_007

I like that one, I think it looks very cool.

20. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Well, in fairness but also realizing Laser_Optimus is essentially paraphrasing Acher doesn't appear to have said movie Megs was a bad idea, just tht he expected fan backlash. we don't really know Archer's opinion on the bot iself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.