Transtech inquiry

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Steevy Maximus, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I'm curious, I remember last year when "Behind the Toys" posted some Transtech proto images, there were some rumblings of Mr. Alvarez or another group within the Collector's Club doing an article about Transtech, possibly showing some of the designs and work that had been stored away by Hasbro.

Has anything come of that since?

2. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

just seemed to go quietly away... your guess is as good as ours.

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Think robert from 'behind the toys' said that he knew someone who could possibly get access to the pictures of the optimus hardcopy, but i guess that didn't happen, or hasn't yet.

4. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I always found it slightly odd how that whole thing just sunk below the waves, they always seemed to purport that they had more stuff to show, but then it just never seemed to happen, that i'm aware of...

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wasnt transtech designs subcontracted to a design studio? maybe they cant show stuff because those designs are held by said studio.

6. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Draxhal Jump did a lot of concept work and most if not all of that is avaiable online (originally on the DJ website itself), a lot of the designs have destinct parallels with actually produced toys from the past few years. Originally we also saw hardcopies of a slightly different air attack op and transtech screamer (which i'm still hunting. i can dream.). I was rather hoping "Behind the toys" were going to show us a lot more as they suggested, but we only really saw a few (albeit cool) bits...

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's entirely possible they got a cease and desist and instead of making a big deal of it by making it publicly known they simply kept it quiet.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well at least you can still find a lot of the Transtech images using Google for anyone who hasn't seen them yet. Seems like a lot of work was accomplished only to be shelved.

9. Sems Fir

Sems Fir Member

I'm not sure what if anything is stored at the morgue or library onsite at Hasbro, but I do know at least three people who worked on the development of the cancelled Transtech segment of the toyline, as well as names and contact information of several more. My friend does indeed have at least one image of the hardcopy Optimus but has been too busy to locate it. Another friend of mine also has images on a zipdisk but currently is unable to retrieve the images as my friend does not have a zipdisk drive. Are they the same images I posted last year? Most likely yes, but right now I do not know.

All of the images I posted were all that were provided to me. To the best of my knowledge Takara is the keeper of the flame of the hardcopies, and most likely the wax sculptings and rubber molds utilized to create the hardcopies (if they still exist).

Draxhall's drawings were for the character development of the tv show and not the toyline. Draxhall's images were for the intellectual property division of Hasbro while the toy division worked on development with Takara.

I have never received a cease and desist order from Hasbro, for anything pre production (Star Wars or otherwise) and that was not the reason why the sudden stopage of images. The stopage was due to having no more images to show. I was planning on putting everything together in an article but time limitations have moved that mini project back. Another individual who is a TF collector is currently developing something for the TF fans.

My friend is looking for the image of the Optimus and when the image is passed onto me you know I'll put it up on the web for the world to see! 8>)

Who knows what other cancelled material I can dig up. All in due time! 8>)

Robert
    www.behindthetoys.com
    LEAD EDITOR
    BLACK S. U. N.

10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Get on behind the toys and hassle Rob ;) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.