Transrepro... still up and running?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unpunk, Jan 25, 2010.

1. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Is transrepro still making parts? They were the only ones who repro'ed a G1 Swoop head and beak(that I know of) and I always meant to pick up a set. I remember the guy who ran the business was very sick for a while and there was word of it shutting down. The site says no new orders but I just wondered if anyone knows when they will be up & running again...if ever.

2. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

it's DOA...their site is or was up quite a while ago but has not been updated for over a couple of years i believe.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    No.

I ordered heads the very week Ken had a stroke. That was 3 years ago and I still don't have those heads. At one point, someone on his end was trying to pick up and fill all outstanding orders, but as I said, my order has yet to be filled.

In the mean time, Darkov has a repro parts thread in Radicons :)  I just got two of the same heads I ordered from Ken from Darkov this week :) 

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I used to get all my repro parts from him. My order actually was filled after the stroke, but it was like a year later. Fortunately I still had the project I was working on. I told my friend about that and he discovered that it was something he and I could potentially do ourselves. I'm actually planning to have a similar operation up and running by the end of the year, but getting viable molds is still a work in progress. I did manage to repro a 07 deluxe MovieBee's driver door as a replacement for a coworker's son, but he's 3 and while he couldn't tell the difference my friend and I could. And I made molds for Swoops beak, but it had air bubbles and always came out looking terrible. I know how to correct it, but it'll be a while before I can attempt again.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You're the first person I've heard of that got their order filled after his stroke . . . .