Transparent Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Does anybody have any photo's of the Transparent G1 Optimus Prime and Mirage in robot mode?
    I'm looking at the two figures at KOToys web site, and they only show it in car mode in the boxes. Would like to see what they look like in robot mode if anybodies got any. Thank's!

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
  3. Tigertrack

Yes of coarse google, thank you. But I wanted to see collectors own toys and wanted to know what they think of them. I hear a lot of how the clear versions are more brittle than the solid colored ones and wanted to know if their worth getting.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, you can't really listen to them because they probably don't even own the figure. Ask people who own clear toys or check out the feedback section of the forum.

As for me, i've owned Clear Ehobby Hot Rod and Henkei Starscream. THey are great figures and the plastic feels like any normal toy would.

5. Tigertrack

Two years ago when I was racing Kyosho Mini-Z's, there have been similar complaints with the clear chassis being more fragile than the solid-colored ones. Yet, I personally have not experienced any such issues with mine.
    So maybe some get lucky, and others are unlucky. I'd just like to find out all I can before spending my money on them. They do look cool, but I don't want something that's going to fall apart from transformation.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I think that's just a falacy. It should be the same type of plastic pellets used, just without any dyes or whatever they use to color them.

7. Tigertrack

I always assumed the dyes is what helped give them strength.

8. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I only have a few transparent TF figures, so I can't really say if they are more brittle or not compared to regular versions. But my experience with Tamiya M4WD is that the clear/translucent bodies are more easily damaged, more prone to cracking, e.g. Black Special Brocken Gigant vs. regular red Brocken Gigant.

9. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

^I agree. I have 2 of the clear Mirage & a clear Prime along with the clear versions of Slag, Sludge, Laserbeak & Rumble/Frenzy and they are all great figures. I just wish they'd do a clear version of all of the G1 cars.

10. Tigertrack

I can't see all of them being transparent. I think clear is good for those who have "ghosts" such as Starscream and I think Optimus Prime once had a ghost. As for Mirage, he can make him self invisible, so that makes sense for him to be transparent.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the others chromed or gold-plated.
    The only transparent ones I plan on getting is Starscreams Ghost both G1 and Masterpiece, Optimus Prime, and Mirage. Can't see the point in getting clear Dinosaurs.

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I'd be very happy to get the the ROTF EZ clear BB... :) 

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TYPE IN CRYSTAL TRANSFORMERS ON EBAY, you will find a crap load of them there many different kinds too. goodluck on bidding on them. some sellers even says made by takara which i dont beileve. you will find clear star scream, many casettes, prime , mirage, just to name a few.