TRANSMUTATE: One Dark Day

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by neospark1, Sep 19, 2007.

1. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRANSMUTATE: One Dark Day <updated 10.05.07>

She knew two friends. One was good. One was … dark. One friend represented her noble lineage. The other friend embodied her darkness and pain.

She had been completely rejected by Megatron, who saw her as something less than a Transformer. Indeed, he viewed her as nothing more than a misshapen accident. The Maximals, including the usually enlightened Optimus Primal, viewed her as little more than a semi-intelligent drone. A dangerous drone at that.

In the course of a few cycles, Transmutate found hope in the heroic Silverbolt, and ingrained recognition in the always brooding and angry Rampage. Now, below her, her two and only friends were ready to destroy themselves. Feelings of sadness lit Transmutate’s circuits, tinged with a far off, yet tangible fear of death.

Embracing the sadness, acknowledging the fear, and filled with hope for her warring friends below, Transmutate began to lower herself between the bitter rivals, erecting her force field.

Only one, nearly final word echoed through the canyons of the Beast Wars.

Stop.

The word stretched into infinity, burning itself into the conscious minds of Silverbolt and Rampage as their weapons collided with Transmutate’s shimmering force field. The word lay frozen, solid, even as her force field began to buckle under the weight of her friend’s weapons.

She knew what would happen next. She looked strained in physical form, but content in Spark.

Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.

The world exploded. Transmutate’s body followed suit. As if the Universe finally understood her, there were moments of pure darkness, and then the world came back to light.

What was left of her body, just her head, separated from the body that crippled her Spark and mind, she opened her eyes.

Transmutate looked at Silverbolt and thanked him for his gifts to her. “Friend, good.”

Transmutate then looked the other way and thanked Rampage for his gifts. “Friend, dark.”

With her final words, her Spark expired and the darkness claimed her completely.

Both Silverbolt and Rampaged mourned the sudden loss of Transmutate, each feeling an immeasurable guilt for the death of their respective friend. In Silverbolt’s mind, he heard the words Cheetor had passed to him from Rhinox.

“When a Spark goes on-line, there is great joy. When one is extinguished, the Universe weeps.”

The Maximals joined Silverbolt, who held back any further destruction. He departed with his Maximal brothers, leaving Rampage to grieve alone. In time. Rampage departed as well. Unlike Silverbolt, Rampage did not leave the site of his sibling’s death … alone.

Many thought Transmutate’s journey ended with her death, but her story was far from told.

Many cycles later ...

His gargantuan Transmetal frame rested in his chair, sending a mental command to open a compartment on the left side of his torso.

From the darkened room, against his dark bronzed body, Rampage lifted the silver head of the now deceased Transmutate to eye level. All of the darkness in the room, both physical and mental, seemed to recede for the briefest of moments from the light reflecting off of Transmutate’s head.

“Why did you leave me?” asked the immortal Predacon.

“You were to be my darkest companion, your suffering the equal of mine.” Rampage pulled the severed head closer to his optics, which narrowed in determination.

“You will STILL be my darkest companion,” thundered Rampage. His optics widened ever so slowly as he leaned back into his chair, his voice trailing off into the room.

“My darkest companion.”

Rampage gently placed the head of Transmutate back into his torso compartment. He stood from the chair, burning desire showing in every step that he took towards a heavily fortified chamber.

He could not help repeating his closest desire. Over and over again, every step.

"MY darkest companion!"

TRANSMUTATE: One Dark Day

Chapter 2

Silverbolt flew through the fresh air as he did every morning, the sun glittering over his Fuzor body. The wind, cool and inviting, gently flowed through his feathers and hairs. It was his way of refreshing himself each day, a way to meditate on how to be a better Maximal.

The Beast Wars had done nothing to dampen his Spark, but the loss of Transmutate weighed greatly upon him this morning. As if in response to his mood, birds, much the same design and color as Airrazor, flew up to Silverbolt.

The small creatures made chirping sounds at Silverbolt, and then moved ahead. Silverbolt smiled. “Such gentle creatures,” he thought. “So much beauty on this planet. “

“So much beauty.”

Silverbolt’s Spark seemed at ease again.

One nanosecond later, all the beauty in the world shattered under a pain so deep that the Maximal wondered if he would go off-line, permanently. He heard an innocent voice, so familiar, in his mind.

“Friend … good”

The voice grew in intensity, a flash of a fallen face enveloped Silverbolt’s vision as he thundered towards the earth below him.

“Friend … help.”

Images of machinery now joined the face … of Transmutate. Silverbolt panicked, not only because of the impending crash with the land below him, but because in his Spark, impossible as it seemed, his dead friend was in pain. One final word from the past, etched in such horrible, horrible pain.

Stop!
    Stop!!
    Stop!!!

In a fiery crunch of mental and physical pain, Silverbolt collided with the harsh, unyielding ground. He began to go into stasis lock, and all that he could think of before passing out was one word.

“Stop.”

Panning his vision from left to right, then up and down, Rampage nervously anticipated the outcome of the experiment before him.

Standing before him, suspended in a tube filled with glowing neon stasis gel, the head of Transmutate stared lifelessly at the Predacon. Rampage pressed a button on the console in front of him.

Electricity danced around and through the head of Transmutate. Rampage pressed a second button, announced by the soft Predacon ship computer.

“Regeneration commencing.”

All around the silvery head, miniscule machines began their process of replicating and building materials.

“Regeneration protocol will now accept dominant life form scan.”

Rampage stepped back from the console, turning to a shelf directly behind him. He picked up a jar from the shelf, studying the contents gleefully. He turned back to the console, holding the jar outright in both hands.

A bright blue light emitted from the large tube in front of Rampage. He whispered to himself.

“Yes.”

The computer acknowledged the contents of the jar and teasingly informed of its function.

“Scanning.”

Rampage began to lick his lips.

“Yes.”

A humanoid shape began forming from and around the head of Transmutate. Rods and pistons, Cybertronian sinew and ligaments. Rampage’s optics began to widen. All of the bright lights bouncing off his longing eyes.

Within the tube, a torso, hands, and legs began to form. Electrical arcs ran over the now minted body as armor plating began locking into position. With a final procedure, the console computer began forming a new head around that of Transmutate.

Rampage leaned forward, not able to look away from the sight before him.

The computer seemed to prompt him. “Regeneration cycle complete. Awaiting final command” Rampage stepped back ever so slightly and pressed a third button on the console. The computer almost sounded serious with the next command.

“Insert Spark.”

Rampage opened his chest cavity. “What is one more piece?” He thought darkly to himself.

With that, the Predacon struck an Energon blade deep into his Spark. He howled in pain, slicing the blade through it, carving a very piece of himself. He threw the blade to the floor, ripping his Spark shard out in a final scream of pain.

“Now you will be complete, my dark companion.” He lifted up his Spark shard, almost as in an offering.

The computer opened a small access panel, taking Rampage’s gift. Inside the tube, the new Predacon body shook and convulsed, as if trying to reject the mutant spark while at the same time wanting nothing more.

With one final convulsion, the Predacon’s body went limp.

Slowly, while Rampage watched, ever so slowly, the Predacon lifted her head, opened her eyes, and … began to scream. The entire tube, along with the chamber, began to tremble.

Electricity sparked and sputtered from the equipment and everything suddenly ruptured and exploded. Rampage embraced the heat and flying debris, standing still as the chaos enveloped him.

A cold dark and ebony red figure, slim yet powerful, emerged from its broken metal cocoon. She took the outstretched arm before her, Rampages’ strength, tangible, adding to her own.

“Welcome my dark companion.” the larger Predacon cooed. He pulled the smaller frame even closer to his own body.

“Who am I?” asked the smaller Predacon. “You seem so … familiar”

“My name is Rampage, my darkest friend.” Rampage released the female Predacon from his grip. She slipped into the shadows, still not quite sure of herself or her surroundings.

“Who am I,” she repeated with emphasis. Rampage walked towards the Predacon, taking her shoulders into his massive hands, peering deep into her optics, speaking almost in an erotic whisper.

“Your name is Antagony.”

Silverbolt's form, now ironically surrounded by lush and soft vegetation, jerked. In his mind, Transmutate appeared before him. She seemed so .... innocent. She walked toward Silverbolt as he looked up at her.

"Friend .... good. Friend ... Silverbolt." The Maximal's audio sensors perked up. She has just used his name.

"Yes, Silverbolt. My name is Silverbolt, and you are Transmutate. You are my friend." Transmutate stretched her hand out to Silverbolt, as he stretched his out to hers.

There seemed to be a flash through Transmutate's body. Silverbolt blinked, and blinked again as Transmutate's body seemed to fizzle like some overused hologram. She looked harder at Silverbolt, her face contorting into a pained grin.

Transmuatate pulled back from Silverbolt, then stepped menancingly toward him again, her face stretched in anger. She extended the arm that was a weapon at Silverbolt's face this time. As Silverbolt's eyes widened in horror, his friend spoke one last time in the ether of the cyber realm.

"Friend .... dead!" Silverbolt's mind went hot white as he woke up and screamed once more.

Alone, terrified, not sure of what was real and what was in his mind, the Maximal transformed to beast mode and began to fly back to base, to friends that he knew for certain were real.

"Optimus will know what is going on," he though to himself.

"Transmutate, if you are somehow alive, I will save you." Silverbolt flew on into the warm bask of the setting sun, not knowing just how dark the day would be before its end.

2. neospark1

News Credits:
    Updated!

Updated 10-05-07!

3. hard core prime

hard core prime lil but cool keep it hard

wow really good i like this to bad no one else has posted its great

4. neospark1

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comment. I'm really glad you enjoyed. The day is about to become darker. :popcorn 

5. SwineTrekkie

SwineTrekkie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great Neo...I want to know more about what Rampage will end up with doing the head....

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Damn. That was VERY good, man.

7. neospark1

News Credits:
    Updated 09-26-2007!

8. neospark1

News Credits:
    Update 10-05-07!