Transmissions Podcast Titan Wars leaks/rumors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So just to compile these rumors we have:

Titan
    Fortress Maximus

Leader
    Powermaster Optimus (Yay!)
    Blaster
    Soundwave

Voyager
    Headmasters?

Deluxe
    86 movie characters

Legends
    Tapes
    More heads

so essentially we are in 1986-1990 all over again....... "cool" (Rodimus, MTMTE).

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wake me when we're in the '95 - '97 range.

3. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Speaking about the Cybertronian modes from the '86 movie, I think I only want Blurr since the Generations figure (great as it is) is unmistakingly IDW and a toy based more on the movie design would be nice. I already mentioned that I want a new Rodimus and Galvatron but not really their movie versions but more of their IDW forms.

About the rest, I don't really care. Cyclonus and Arcee already received their perfect G1 incarnations, Generations Kup is simply G1 Kup with an Earth-based mode (and his Cybertronian mode was pretty simplistic to begin with), Springer could receive a figure more accurate to his previous incarnation but I already have Fansproject Defender for that and Scourge has a much better alt-mode than his previous one while still screaming Cybertronian in style.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really interested in Fortress and the other headmasters.

5. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Most of that doesn't interest me too much. I already have a few decent Primes and this one is a Leader Class, so it really needs to wow me or I won't get it. I have heard of the issues with the Brainstorm toy's Headmaster so I have an evasion to the Headmasters aside from Fortress Maximus.

With my best Prime being Voyager class, the idea of Soundwave and Blaster being larger than Optimus doesn't work for me, so Leader Blaster and Soundwave don't interest me.

The '86 movie characters and tapes interest me to a point, so they hit that "maybe" mark I haven't seen many Transformers hit.

Fortress Maximus is what I am most looking forward to. The line art seen seemed promising. A Titan sized Fortress Maximus grabs my attention. The character is big and has one of the largest toys in Transformers history, from what I recall. It is suiting that he gets a big toy.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, I've lost all interest in Blaster and Soundwave. Though the Voyager Headmasters and Deluxe '86 cast sound like they could still be interesting. Hopefully that means a new Rodimus is on the way.

As for Fort Max, I'll just wait for the hopefully inevitable RID repaint... Even if it will likely be a hard to get convention exclusive...

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's a good step for them to go for this toyline.

though considering next year is the 20th anniversery of BW, this would be better.

8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    See what I want to see is what wild card repaints we will see out of headmasters? Maybe seekers from Brainstorm or Hardhead to Ironhide?

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well Arcee's alt mode from the movie isn't actually a normal alt mode and in some cases considered Cybertronian so maybe if Rodimus is in the line perhaps his alt mode's still his classic alt mode but with more cybertronian details on it so that way people who don't like the idea of Rodimus not having a full Earth looking alt mode can be at least happy with this new design idea? I can see the line doing Kup,Wreck Gar,Blurr and Scourge again but in Cybertronian styled alt modes and maybe with Scourge being able to combine with CW Cyclonus.

10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I could see Brainstorm in some black deco with purple and teal highlights, as some new or obscure character.

I'm wondering if Brainstorm gets remolded to Highbrow somehow though.

Furthermore, there is no mention of the traditional Decepticon Headmasters (Skullcruncher, Weirdwold, Mindwipe). I always thought they were more interesting?

11. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    True, but the problem with them is what do you repaint/retool them into that will still sell? Atleast with the Autobot headmasters you get the potential for cool Decepticon repaints.

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They were almost ten o so on the wiki with names...so take away the three already released...HasTakTom has a few options for redeco/retool of the mold if they wanted to...

13. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I'm actually talking about the problems of the RTS/United mould, about how the handles from the bike can easily break without even touching them and the hands also suffer from stress marks once that you put the weapon on them.

14. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah...I agree that needs to be looked into if they brought the mold back out...though I haven't yey had that problem with my ten or so version of the mold...

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in repaints whatsoever. If they're going to reuse the Brainstorm mold -- which I do love -- they'd have to do a pretty heavy remold to get me to bite. The most common one I see suggested is Highbrow from Brainstorm, but I have a hard time imagining it being executed in a way that did not disappoint me deeply.

I'll wait and see with Fort Max. If they at least give him a headmaster head, I'll keep an open mind, but he better be enough of a remold that I don't look at him and instantly think, "Metroplex in different colors."

But whatever happens, I applaud them trying. We are finally getting characters I've been waiting forever for.

16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    According to the design drawing from Botcon, the only common component as far as I could tell was the back 1/2 of the lower legs (even the toes and shins were new) and the top 1/2 of the forearms. Everything else was new.

And he was a double headmaster just like G1.

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Curious: what would you want out of new BW molds -- I know there's a few that could stand a redo, but OVERALL aren't most of them pretty fantastic? I'm not a huge BW fan, but I have a selective collection (Ultra Primal, Big Convoy, Lio Convoy, Longrack and TM Megatron are all some of my all-time favorite molds), and most of what I've gotten is pretty great. I mean, maybe - few years ago there'd have been the potential for some serious upgrades, but with where Hasbros engineering now, seems like it'd largely be "the same but different"

+ Takara has Masterpiece Beast Wars in the Pipeline, right?

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    In that case, I'm all over it.

Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over it.

19. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    That's a mold from before the "down-sizing"... and Hasbro hasn't re-used any of those molds in retail since. So I'd guess that'd be doubtful. But hey, if the deluxes are "Cybertronian 1986 movie bots"... maybe there will be a new Wreck-Gar/Junkion mold that's not so much an Earth dirt bike.

20. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    we are getting tarantulas from the club this year using the rts wreckgar mold, (fss 3.0) so at least they're using it still.

too bad blaster is coming to us via TW/CW line, and not the MP line we all wanted him to be. still might be a worthy stand-in for a while.

and if the "cybertronian" rumor holds true, I hope and pray they blend with the FOC/WFC line figures - and hopefully get some tetra's from Hastak this time around too.