Transmissions Podcast Titan Wars leaks/rumors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2015.

1. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanx man , and yeah , 86 through to the start of 89 was my shit ..... And for the first time in a long time I am excited to go to the store and buy my self an awesome Transformer ..... Now a days it so feels like I`m reliving 86 , 87 , 88 and with hints of Action masters mixed in .... I`m in love all over again . With cameos here and there through IDW , my hope for MONSTRUCTOR has grown , But like I said I hope they have their shells ... with the sub title Pretender Monsters ....I`m sure it wont happen ( the title ) but I know TAKARA will have me covered .... I`m not to keen on them being referred as MONSTERBOTS , hence them being cons and all . , It will be pretty awesome to have MONSTRUCTOR , as well as DINOKING ..hopefully we have our beloved ABOMINUS , PREDAKING and PIRANACON by then * fingers crossed * . I like your ideas on were the line could evolve over all .... I just know that when the Prime wars have come and gone that the GENERATIONS line will continue , but in what way I wonder ? , just picking up where the Prime wars leaves off character wise may be ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    He's probably being found at a riverside some time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Not a problem. I'll skip my history since is not interesting, and is pretty much why I look into both the original G1's history and how TakaraTomy might use it. :lol  So looking at everything tied to the 1986-1988 content...

- Abominus, Predaking, and King Poseidon are strong contenders for the "UW-EX" portion of the same line. Abominus serves Galvatron, Predaking serves the Quintessons, and King Poseidon will more than likely be working for Overlord. Liokaiser is a maybe since Hasbro collaborated with Entertainment Earth for that set. But he is also a good contender because they can make any changes needed for the other mold, while doing a more extensive redeco/retool to Silverbolt when it comes to Leozack.

- Dinoking is iffy unless they can figure a solution to Andrew Hall's use of Kakuryu. Which is a very easy fix since they could just link Victory Saber's departure in RobotMasters to Cloud World, and maintain that portions of the manga happened there. And Monstructor is a solid 50/50 chance to me. Just because Transformers Generations 2012 established the "Pretenders Gaiden" fiction, which allows them to be a Destron antagonist. As well as a potential Beastformers revival that allows them to be reinvented/introduced as either antagonists or protagonists in that line.

As for a follow-ups to the Titan Masters... Hayato Sakamoto has given a fiction-backed hint that they are moving forward with plans to updating the Powermaster sub-line. So my current guess is that Hasbro will expand on their Titan Master gimmick by doing the same. Because the only difference is the the "first generation" Titan Masters grant sight, hearing, unique powers, and a power boost to their partners. The follow-up would become an upgrade to that and allow them to maybe even capping it off with the Brainmasters concept. :) 

4. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Abominus was all so controlled by the Quents ... they had the Terrorcons set on a timer when they merged in to Abominus .... We never did get an explanation as to how the Predacons/Terrorcons ended up being in Galvatrons ranks ? And that`s way rad about the POWER MASTERS ....

5. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    EE just has it as an exclusive; they didn't have any say in the design of it or if Takara is allowed to use the molds.

6. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron had to rent them out for some energon haha

7. Fenrir Zero

According to the chronology of the Marvel-Sunbow animated series, both the Predacons and Terrorcons were mercenaries prior to them aligning with either side. The Predacons appeared to have been chosen as a means of keeping Galvatron's agreement in check. And Quents added the time after hiring the Terrorcons, with reasons being tied to their use of probabilities, etc.

Which is the best conclusion I can come up with, and helps me believe this helps increase their odds of being made by TakaraTomy for their JG1 stuff... With Hasbro possibly using mercenary and warrior concepts for their own usage. :) 

Not to offend you, but I never said anything beyond the following statement: "Liokaiser is a maybe since Hasbro collaborated with Entertainment Earth for that set." Meaning that what you said are tied to the terms created for most collaborations, including this one. :p 

And both things -- including your statement -- were verified to me be an Entertainment Earth representative. :lol  But the fact is that collaborations like this result in the making of exclusives. And that this collaboration was Hasbro's idea, with the terms to this only known to both Hasbro and Entertainment Earth's sale department.

Oh, and the revised agreement between Hasbro and TakaraTomy only states that the latter does not have direct access to the original (1984-1985?) molds. Everything else is readily available to them. :) 

8. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    None taken, but that's not really a collaboration; that would mean that they helped MAKE the toy; that's like saying Walgreen's had input on Brainstorm. That's what I meant.

And the EE rep and "revised agreement"; where was this said?

9. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    At this point, with all of the non-classic G1 combiners, it would be very silly of HasTak to not create Predaking or Abominus.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Regarding the rumored Magnus Prime the Powered Convoy homage they said it'll be a repaint of the TR PM Optimus Prime right? Because I wonder if they'll end up retooling certain parts of the mold to give off more of a Powered Convoy character like replace the helmet to look more like Ultra Magnus,the stacks evoking more of IDW Delta Magnus who he himself was a Powered Convoy homage and even the chest. Hope so because I don't think I enjoy the idea of Magnus Prime being just a repaint especially that Nautica and Tidal Wave are going to be retooled from their original molds.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'm seriously hoping it's a straight up repaint of Ultra Magnus. I really don't want him to be anything more, since that is what he was in the first place. If they need a PMOP repaint, go with Nucleon Quest Convoy or Fire Guts God Ginrai.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Perhaps it could be a mixture of parts from both CW UM and TR PM Optimus. That's another possibility.

13. Fenrir Zero

Thanks. I need that with the scenario I am facing.

The use of the word "collaboration" is based on the chance their agreement includes shared production costs. Meaning that everything is ready, they just need a third party to cover what would have been less than TakaraTomy's share of said costs. But there is also the case you are right, which means that said combine costs were added to the agreed "bulk sales price" -- The means of obtaining a product below retail, but still allow the company in question to make a post-production profit.

As for the Entertainment Earth representative, I used their live chat option instead of calling. And I did it because I prefer facing the notion that I am officially wrong, versus anything else I could face. And the "revised agreement (click here)" is something I found in the past. I currently use it when trying to understand things, and enjoy it because it also gives us this franchise's conception date (November 1, 1983). :) 

14. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hilarious ;) 

15. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanx for clearing that up ... I feel weird not knowing they were `` for hire `` .... :) 

16. Fenrir Zero

Not a problemo. What is weird is that I have seen those episodes more times than I remember. But at no time have I even tried to picture them this way. :lol 

And besides that... I wish TakaraTomy could do Gaia Scramble and Gaia Guardian. Or even reinvent Gaiacross.

17. combinerlover

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sa
    me here , but I really want those essential G1 gestalts first ... then happily revist those molds .... I am all about combiners , hence the name lol, but these molds need a break .... I have seen that HOTSPOT mold so much that my eyes are starting to bleed .. ha ha ha .

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    What matters most to me from the 88 line up are the characters which were predominant in the actual toy catalogues and Masterforce:

- Dreadwind & Darkwing / Buster & Hydra
    - Overlord
    - Snapdragon & Apeface
    - Joyride & Slapdash
    - All the junior Targetmasters
    - All the junior Headmasters

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrir Zero

I understand. And right now, I highly doubt they will remake the Kabaya kits. Two of them are story specific combinations of pre-existing combiners, and Gaiacross is a story specific evolution of Landcross. :p  And besides, I can only see them make 5-7 more sets be made. With 5 being updates, and 1-2 being originals. But that is me.

This is based on hat I have been reading. But I totally understand why you want it. It was one of my original collection-based goals. And TBH, the idea of having a line-up containing updates to the original 1988 sounds pretty cool. :) 

- Buster/Darkwing and Hydra/Dreadwing are the most likely candidates to retain the 1988 Hasbro/Takara sub-line gimmick in 2017-2019.
    - Overlord is rumored to receive a 2017 update, but I am also guessing he will become 2018's Titan-class figure just because he was a "Double Godmaster".
    - The Horrortrons/Horrocons -- Snapdragon and Apeface -- are 1987, not 1988. They might be updated in the future.
    - Ranger/Joyride and Road King/Slapdash are rumored to be given the Headmaster Jr./Titan Master treatment in 2017.
    - Hasbro's Double Targetmasters (there were no Targetmaster Juniors) might be updated. No guarantee.
    - The original Headmaster Juniors are will be completed as Master Warriors, while the Godmasters are rumored to take over the Headmaster Jr. theme.

20. BlackHawkOmega

News Credits:
    He's going to be a Leader class; we know this because Sky Shadow is a retool of him. Someone like Scorponok or Omega Supreme would have a better shot at being the next Titan.