Minor/Repaint: Transmetal Rattrap

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rotorstorm, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The other day I was playing with BW10th Rattrap and thought to myself that this guy is great, shame he doesn't look quite as good as he could then I remembered, I have a Fox Kids Red Rattrap to experiment with.

Home for Easter and after adding paint to my classics Scorch (pics will be up once finished.) I started to take apart the old transmetal (hate that pin in his chest that holds the back and head on, broke part of the chest getting the thing out but it's only superficial) and now I want to take the head apart so I can resculpt the face and repaint it.

I have decided that once finished the limbs and body shall be attatched to the BW 10th body so I don't have to repaint the red to brown.

ATM i am just waiting to buy some blue paint and to paint the chest panel gold like in the show, in the pictures at the moment it is still the bw 10 body but with chromed tail, limbs (robot and beast) and exhaust pipes. The rat mode eyes are still green, the flash on my camera just whited them out. If you look at the tail you can tell the difference in colours as the end is unchromed

Attached Files:

2. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By the end of the week I intend to have him finished, I haven't figured a way to have the backpack swing and still allow him to transform so he won't be doing that. the head in particular looks nice seeing how it is now chromed

3. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Sounds very promising,The TM beast wars figures still stand up pretty well IMO Great articulation & some cool details.

i`m really tempted to repaint TM Tarantulus at some point in the future.
    Looking forward to seeing how Rattrap turns out.

4. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

This is looking great. I really want to do this this summer when I don't have school to worry about. I think I 'm just going to chrome silver parts and repaint the metallic reds (mine cracked and are peeling off like a lot of people's) so I won't run into that pin problem, but I kind of want to reshape his face too. I also agree with you too Spurt that the TM line was ridiculously awesome and had great articulation. Rattrap is especially so close to being show accurate it bugs the crap out of me that they didn't think of a way to make that backpack flip around in the first place. Oh well.

5. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally found a pot of light blue paint for him and did it yesterday and then realised that my gold paint is at uni so I can't finish him until Saturday. still he's looking pretty good despite this. I also need to paint his eyes red as they're still copper atm and then glue his head back together.

Attached Files:

6. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Good to see an update on this
    Looking great so far.
    Bet that tail was a pain to paint.

7. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    surprisingly not, it's all just clip together joints so I just took it apart and sprayed it, haven't done the end of the tail and am not sure if I ought to as I don't want to end up ruining it as I don't think I could mask it well enough to stop paint getting on it.

8. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, he's just about finished,the front legs look lighter than the other silver as they were a lighter colour to begin withmthey don't look different in person.

Attached Files: