Heavy/Scratch: Transmetal Rattrap (2000)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by cheetor71, Jun 5, 2010.

1. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This is an older custom of Transmatal Rattrap I did back in 1999 or 2000. He's actually a parts former. I detached the robot body and filled his back in with 2 part epoxy. I then attached a nail in the rat body so I could have the entire piece sit upside down in robot mode. The Rat head halves are held on by small pins that are moved for his Alt mode. The pics were taken with a 35mm camera and I no longer have this figure as i sold it many years ago.

UPDATE 6/6/10:
    I made this custom of Rattrap many years ago. The only reason he's making the site now is because I came across some old pictures I took of him at the time. He started out as the Walmart exclusive figure Packrat. I completely repainted him in more show accurate colors and reworked his body. I began by separating his robot body from his rat body. Next, I used 2 part epoxy and filled in his back where some of his robot parts went in his rat mode. I then took the back half of the rat and used 2 part epoxy to secure a nail in the underside. After that I drilled a hole in the back of the robot to secure his rat half when in robot mode.

The next part was tricky. I had to remove the ball joints that held his rat head on. I cut the ball joints at the ball and drilled two small holes in them and inserted pins in them so that when he's in robot mode. The rat head halves can sit on his shoulders. Keep in mind, when reading this "how-to" that I created this figure at least a decade ago and I'm trying to remember how exactly that I did it. To attach his tail on Ratmode, I drilled a hole the same size as the end of the tail so it could attach.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• rt01.jpg
      rt01.jpg
      File size:
      181.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha. I was totally thinking of doing something like this but I'm at a loss to how to actually get the backpack to swing around. I didn't think of parts forming though. Good job.

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a great, show-accurate Rattrap. Nice job

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

If I could remember my old web address I had a whole thing written up as to how I made RT.

Thanks for the compliments

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    amazing Love the colors.

6. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Sweet! I remember seeing a custom like this years ago over at Unicron.com.

7. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I updated the info on How I made RT Since for some stupid reason I'm not allowed to post a how -to on this site. At least I can post one on the PC site.