Transmetal OP and gps

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by havanowoncheese, Dec 15, 2009.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

So i just read the article on tfwiki all about gps and i got considering my transmetal Optimus primal. I saw in the article that color does not matter and that an metallic plastic can be victim of gps. Does transmetal Primal suffer from this?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well given the plastic in question is with a metal flake mixed into it i think its unlikely and mine is rock solid so id say highly doubtful

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My TM Primal is fine; the main problem you might encounter with him is chrome wear, but that was far more common with Transmetal 2 figures. Be careful of TM Megatron, though; some of his plastic DOES get affected.

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Some of the metallic/chrome paint on Transmetals does seem to like to flake off. I have a MOSC TM Rattrap which is flaked in-package.

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Errgh, this is why I rather avoid the joys of chrome than to see it flake...I remember my beautiful Megazord flaked to kingdom come. Similarly Cheetor (my only transmetal).

There haven't been reports of Optimus having GPS.

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Thanks for the info i do take care of mine to prevent the chrome from flaking cause he is just so prety.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Metallic plastics are the problem. I can see a lot of the 07 movie toys having some serious GPS in 10 or so years. Hell my protoform Starscream already feels fragile.