Transmetal flaking paint question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I have a TM Waspinator, the yellow 2nd version. The dark blue/black paint is flaking off. Is this common? I know Rattrap & the large Beast Machines Jetstorm have this problem really bad but what about Waspinator? Does it happen with all of them or just some? Should I buy a replacement or just scratch it all off & repaint this one? :( 

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have that same one and it was fine last time I looked at it. I know that a red sharpie does wonders to RID Prime's chest when the red flakes off of it. I bet a black sharpie would fix him right up.

3. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

someone, recently, painted with metallic markers. Then they clear coated it. I can't imagine the regular markers looking very "transmetally". (nothing against your suggestion. Just adding a different option)

I have only had my BM jetstorm do any chrome peeling so far and I havent done anything about it so far. I'm also afraid to touch my recolor TM megatron. (gold plastic breakage/crumbling)

Good luck

4. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Well trust me, it is so "transmetally" you can't even tell I touched it up. Some others on the board tried it on their RID Primes and agreed with the results. Far easier than the metallic markers and also a better match to the original color.

5. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I got the same yellow TM Waspinator from an eBay lot a few months ago, I was surprised the TM paint was very good on him and not the other TM toys. It may be just certain ones for Waspinator.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I used a red sharpie on a Kicker figure (the red arrows on the sides of his helmet) & the red smudges off. Even after days the red comes off on my fingers & smudges on the white. The black sharpie doesn't rub off but the red does. I'll try the black Sharpie to patch up the parts where the paint flaked off. But I won't use a red one anyore.

Interesting, maybe I'll try to get another & hope for the best. That's one of my favorite Beast Wars figures. He's TM Buzzsaw to me.

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I think the difference is what you are putting it on. It doesn't rub at all from the chest of my RID Prime. Maybe the plastic on Kicker is either too smooth or was not clean when you put it on? Not sure.

8. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I actually don't like it that much so if you can't find one I could sell him to you. :)