Transitioning from Hasbro to F4F

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nightrain, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I cancelled all my Hasbro pre-orders and having a Optimus/Megatron battlefield statue shipped to me. Some may think that is silly. Why buy an expensive untransformable statue over nice toys? I think I've reached a point where I don't want toys anymore. I want something that greater immortalizes the gods of Cybertron I grew up watching and reading about with awe. Because there is no engineering involved, they can focus purely on sculpting and color and even size.

Does any of this make sense?

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Absolutely, while not my thing, I have seen a similar trend in Starwars collectors. Many have stopped buying Hasbro products in favor of the Sideshow 12 inch figures and the Code 3 vehicle models (both very expensive, but also highly detailed and well worth the price tags IMO). Like you said, you're getting to a point where you don't want toys anymore, and if you still want to keep your love of transformers alive, collectible statues is a very viable option.

3. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

No, unless all you do with your figures is pose them.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do a little bit of both. I find some toys and some higher end collectibles makes for a nicely rounded collection.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Seems silly to me but I still play with my toys... I am a PVC figure whore though...

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's all just personal taste. :D 

And really, we're kinda lucky in that we have two total extremes available. Fully transforming and highly tactile stuff, as well as full on coldcast statues.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mmmmmmmmmm whore.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyhow............

Whatever floats your apples. I'd like to have a few statues myself

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have every TF product that Hard Hero and Palisades put out (seriously, everything). I think they're brilliant, and a nice option for the collector that likes an artistic representation of their favorite characters. I'll be getting all the F4F stuff as well, except for the deformed Magnus - it's cute, but not my style.

One thing that worries me is that the tiny, tiny portion of us in the fandom that actually wanted a 12" Prime or Megatron has already had two previous opportunities to get them from either HH or Palisades; based on that, I can't imagine this first Battlefield statue is going to sell very well. Hopefully that won't be the case though, as I'm excited about what they're doing with the Beast Wars stuff and really want to see that do well.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah its a personal thingy...I was also interested in getting statues but decided not too as I've run out of space to display them and statutes are more breakable compared to toys.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i like the statues, in particular the HH ones. i dislike the battlefield one because of the extreeeeeme style. i also dont like the palisades ones.

12. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After picking up the Rhinox Hard Hero statue, I can understand. Before we had to give it away, we had a large china cabinet in the living room that my wife had agreed to let me display non-TF toys like statues and such. I was only able to put a few things (Rhinox & Arcee plus a few NECA MOTU 'staction-figures') in it though before we had to let it go.

Depending on the final outcome, I may try an pick up a few of the First4Figures statues and busts. So far the G1 Scourge and BW Waspinator look the best IMO.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rhinox was so flawlessly show accurate, it's a crime that he's the only BW character we got from that line. Full-size statues for all the main characters, taken directly from their CG renders.... man, what could have been!
    :cry 

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i hate buying anything that can not at least pose, or do something, this is why i hate most action figures from anime, and most of any action figure vichicles, because they do not DO anything most of the time, but, provide an action figure, like batman, or luke, a seat to sit on. which is why i liked things like Exo squad, so much because they did MORE then just sit an action figure. they posed. they shot, they where an action figure themselves. that could have an action figure inside them.

at least with action masters, the vichicles were transformable some what.

15. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

All of my main line TFs are in storage with only my masterpeice and alts on the shelf (+1 G1 soundwave). I never touch them either. They as well be statues but I like that they do transform when I want them to.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    a heads up to the soundwave and cassettes with space bridge mini diorama. i'm looking fwd to that.

toys are toys, but statues are 2d character designs brought to life. gotta love em.