Transgenders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spoon, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Who are they to tell me I'm wrong? I'm not telling them to stop claiming whatever they want to claim--although I'm totally with you on the tax dollar issue--but if they get to say what they want, why don't I get to tell them what I think? Long as I don't do anything to actually stop them, of course.
    A parent not wanting a man in a bathroom with their daughter is totally acceptable. It's not saying that transgenders are predators, it's saying that people with penises don't belong in bathrooms with young women. I'm not a parent, but I think that's evident at face value.

And while you might feel some people's opinions about gender and sexuality are archaic...I mean, you want people to accept the right of others to live how they want, but you dismiss their opinions as archaic? Tolerance works both ways.

And racism? Come on. It's not the new racism, it won't ever be racism, because it isn't about race.

Snopes FTW.

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    more like insert IDW Sunstreaker joke here.

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    totally agree with this point.

4. MethKitty

MethKitty it's about the podcast!

News Credits:
    something wicked this way comes.:locked2: 

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

More like insert surgically removed penis here.

6. MethKitty

MethKitty it's about the podcast!

News Credits:
    i read this and can not think of anything to say that won't get me banned:D 

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Bwuh? I had no idea there was such a rumor. That's incredible. (not the "OMG! She's a he/she...or is she?" portion, but that there was even a rumor.

Guess you do learn something new everyday. o_O 

I seriously doubt it's true, but anything's possible so I won't say no to the possibility, but I'm leaning more towards fake.

*shrugs* if it's true, she's really all woman. Once the gender is picked and the "offending" (said as in intrusive, not meant in good or bad type of manner) organs are removed, the body takes over and that person fully becomes one or the other. (at least this is how it was explained to me. Apparently my cousin is Hermaphroditic, which the family doesn't talk about...though he freely does.)

But I have no real idea, I'm just as confused as the next person when hearing about such a condition.

Nature: Screwing With You Since...

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Trannies are cool, just don't like it when they get self conscious or a wee bit defensive when I say something like 'rocket' or 'aw man', then accuse me of being some kind of hater TFROTFLMAO
    Stop making everything about you.

Like the big lady clerk at the gas station. They were promoting some choc bars on the counter (buy 1 get 1 free) and I asked if they were any good and she snapped on me. :( 

9. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

woooooooooooow Honestly I would hope that males who have grown up as females know this and reveal this to anyone they might sleep with.

10. LilithMorrigan

LilithMorrigan Banned

If they are a paranoid dickwad, or a bad parent. Young children shouldn't be in there alone for one thing and for another I am sure the first thing a tranny, with a deuce to put in the brownie bowl, is going to do is want to rape a pre-pubescent girl.

Give me a break.

11. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

I really hope you're not a parent.

Your logic just blows my mind. As a parent of four kids, I can honestly say you really don't have a clue to the logistics of that type of situation.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    When my wife was a bouncer at the fetish bar, her rule was "you use the bathroom that matches the gender on your driver's license." I thought that was fair enough.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Once more with feeling--it has nothing, absolutely nothing at all, to do with being transgendered. It has to do with social boundaries.

People with penises shouldn't be allowed into bathrooms with young women. It's not appropriate. It's just not. And again, while I'm not a parent, I'm willing to bet most would agree with me.

And I didn't specify only pre-pubescent girls, but regardless, now it's your turn to give me a break. A ten or eleven year old child can't be allowed to use a restroom by themselves? In some situations, sure, I suppose that'd be poor judgment. But at a restaurant? At a museum? Maybe not at, say, an airport, but there are plenty of locations where I think it's reasonable to allow young children to begin using the restroom by themselves, even if mom or dad (especially if he's the only one around) wait outside.

But outta curiosity, why do you say kids shouldn't be allowed? Because there's a risk of sexual abuse in a restroom if left unsupervised? But a female with a penis would never do that?

14. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Since some people are born in a state of gender ambiguity, is this then implicit approval for transgenderism?
    It would have its good moments and its bad moments

Edit: Oh right, the actual topic... I think there's more to gender, or at least gender identity, than what's in your pants. So yes, I think people can be born psychologically identifying (although obviously they aren't cognitive of their sexual identification until they reach an age that they're actually aware of what such things mean and represent) as a member of the opposite sex, or 'confused', even if they aren't a member of that sex in a biological sense. I really don't see how that sort of thing could be 'learned' or 'taught', nor do I think that the decision to actively express (which often comes after an epiphany following years of confusion and self-doubt) it is the result of waking up one day feeling more girly (or manly) than usual.

I'm not sure how I feel on the public washroom issue. Obviously, an actual post-op transgender should use (and should be allowed to use) the washroom that correlates to his or her post-op state, though I think most places not mired in a previous century have already worked this into their laws anyway.
    As for pre-op or, uh, not-ever-planning-to-get-an-op trans/cross-dressers, I'm torn. It's clear why people would be uncomfortable and my first thought is that they should go with whatever is on their driver's license, but I also can't help but think (not based on any actual statistical evidence, mind you) that there's actually a far greater safety risk to a cross-dressing male who enters the men's washroom than there is to the females in a women's washroom that is being used by a cross-dressing male...

The solution: unisex washrooms

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Well the first case she found out in nursing school during a lesson on malformed genetals. The second his parents told him and he made the choice to transit back to man, he now falls under the definition of "guy with pie." :confused2 

No more like surgically removed testicles. It's a popular misconception that sex change surgery involves removing the penis. All of it's nerve rich tissues are in fact kept. Sliced up and used to build the new vagina. And it's even more disturbing to watch. Cause they showed it on South Park when Mr. Garrison got a sex change. :cry 

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I actually had some discussions with some transgenders and they linked me to a site with some info. The obviously agreed with the info or they wouldn't have sent me to it. ( No, I don't have the link anymore, it was a loooong time ago. ) Anyway, there are a lot of cases where instead of having the XX or XY that most people have, they actually have XXY. In that, there is the capability of being female ( XX ) and male ( XY ). In the womb, it's like one wins out over the other and they develop as that sex. At some point in life, either at puberty or around the mid-life crisis age, the other sex starts to show by a flux of hormones ( hormones are what causes a fetus to develop one way or the other ). An example would be a 40 year old man that suddenly starts growing boobs.

Now what else happens, is that whatever sex they are at birth, they never feel at home in that body because of the chromosome potential and hormones of the other sex. So they have a sex change. Thing is, they would feel equally out of place in that sex as well, except they will usually go on hormone therapy. For male to female conversion, they will take lots of estrogen to feel female. What I don't get, is instead of getting a sex change, why not just go on testosterone to feel like a man and avoid the surgery all together? ( Or the opposite for female to male conversions.. )

Anyway, that is all based upon the information I was given by some transgenders. If I was misinformed, then I am completely wrong. However, I think this may be the case as at least one episode of House was based on the concept.

17. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Wowsers.
    This thread is more interesting, and slightly less bitchy than I expected it to be.

On a side note, if you're a lesbian trapped in a man's body, does the sight of your own penis make you flaccid?

18. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

You know...I noticed that this whole thread was a trap. See...the OP here didn't chime in at all. All he is is instigating us for fun. Bastard!

Unless all of us are lesbian trapped in a man's body, why are you asking US this??? How can a lesbo be trapped in a man's body? What is going inside your mind man?

I find it funny that people are referring or mentioning situation in TV shows.

Unisex bathrooms? It's already hard enough to take a wiz when someone is standing next to you.

Oh and transgendered people can do whatever. Just don't expect me to cry murder or listen when someone didn't agree with your or you think they are being insensitive.

19. Spoon

Spoon Banned

:D 
    When this thread starts getting ugly, I'll post my 2c and run...

But seriously, I just want to hear a discussion, before people start assuming this thread had some evil agenda behind it; I'd rather people have a discussion of an objective statement, rather than argument over my opinion.

20. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

The ignorance in this thread makes my head want to explode. I need to rant.

There are males who like dress up as females. There are females who like to dress up as males. They still live for the most part and consider themselves their birth gender though. For many, it helps them feel better. Sometimes, you need an emotional outlet. Some people just like the clothes. Do you call a woman who wears pants transsexual? Finally, some have a sexual reason for it.

Then there are those who truly believe they were born the wrong sex. Something tells them, something deep inside, that it isn't right, that their body is not theirs. Attempts at "reform" are often one of the worst things one can do. Rejecting what someone believes they are can lead to suicide, one of the leading causes of death, along with violence, among trans people.

Imagine, if you will. You were a child. You wanted TF/MLP toys. But no, you always got MLP/TF toys. You kept on insisting you were a boy/girl. But your parents keep on putting you in dresses/boys clothes, and as you grow older, the taunts at school begin. Practically every day, throughout the day, kids are calling you derogatory names, threatening you, shoving you around, beating you up because you're a "***" or "dyke" or something. Eventually, you grow older, become more independent. Your parents start questioning your decisions, asking why you can't be like the other boys/girls, why do you have to make life hard on yourself, we only want the best for you, etc. If your parents don't understand, and insist on a course like this, you feel rejected. Rejected by those who gave life to you. Rejected by those who love and care for you. This is absolutely devastating.

Violence against trans people is higher than in much of the population, percentage wise. Misunderstanding, and ignorance, leads to anger, and anger can lead to violence. Yeah, it's hokey and sounds Yoda-like, but it's true. Get to know others before you just start spouting things off.

A woman can just as easily sexually abuse a woman as a man can, so I'm not seeing the logic here.
    I'm not a parent. Maybe I don't understand. But if there were two strangers, one born male, the other, a transsexual female, I would trust my child to the female: someone who feels they are a woman, has the hormones of a woman, has the attitude of a woman; over a male who has grown up in a society that glorifies violence by males and objectifies women and whose body is full of testosterone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.