TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Out of curiosity, what makes the TT Sunstreaker more attractive than BC? They seem fairly similar.

2. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    nuthin but just wanted to shout out, could have gone with the BC again though

• Like Like x 1
  3. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

The transformation might be a little more fun, and the legs and feet have better proportions, looks like it has better poseability and less hollow bits (Sunsurge's ankles/shins). At least, that's my guess and opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Ah, gotcha.

Thanks for the insight. Is that enough of a difference, though? Looks like they both are doing the fake roof chest, and that was my main reason for passing on BC in the first place (alas, while Spinout fixed that, he brought a ton of other issues...).

If we assume Sunstreaker has a similar price to the other MP carbots, I'm just not seeing any reason to buy him if you either already bought Sunsurge, or if you didn't like Sunsurge and don't see enough difference between them.

Then again, if a $30 Takasa Tony version pops up, I'll probably be a lot more forgiving...

5. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure if it is worth replacing Sunsurge. I should get mine soon, so I can have a real opinion :p 

• Like Like x 1
  6. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    i've handled Sunsurge and he was fun, sold him due to change of interest with my tf's but the TT Sunstreaker has to be pretty good to replace the BC feeling i had

• Like Like x 1
  7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    :thumbs2:  :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fatbot3

Fatbot3 Well-Known Member

Apologies but quick question: did disorder come with a sprue for Optimus? I couldn't find one but I can't imagine throwing it out. I did get one with Carnage and Revolt.

9. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

No the first figure that came out from them, that being Disorder did not come with any sprues. I remember reading somewhere that they are only coming with the remaining figures. (Carnage, Revolt, Powertrain, and Overturn)

10. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yup this..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

Say What?? I know its off topic but now Takara Tomy introduce MP Sunstreaker. I already have Badcubes version of it and IMHO BC looks better. I dont like the yellow spoiler on MP sunstreaker.

Badcube chrome spoiler looks way more attractive in my eyes. Before we know it, they will introduce Jazz after most people got MT Downbeat. talk about being late to the party.

Takara Tomy introduced version 2 of megatron after a number of 3rd party companies made their version of megatron and did a bloody good job at itm even though i settled with DX9 mightron.

I wonder what else will get thrown into the woodwork?

12. Megacluts

Revolt is a good figure, it is longer than the other cars including the MP versions. transforming him wasnt too difficult

13. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    This. The story goes that the Megatron figure was going to be a freebie for people who preordered all six Constructicons from a store, and when their Hook got delayed a clear version of the Megatron was supposed to come with Hook, along with a second face for Gravity Builder, filler parts for the hands, and some replacement parts to fix minor issues, packaged in a separate box. Some retailers were apparently screwing customers and selling the mini figures separately, so GT/TFM decided to break up the mini Op figure and pack the runners inside the Stunticon boxes. Since Hook was released after Disorder there was no runner for Disorder's box. There is some speculation that the long gap between Disorder and Carnage's releases was because GT/TFM had to finish designing and making the molds for mini Op.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Goodness, can he get any clumsier? Can't believe he actually drew blood transforming this. Yeeesh.

I like watching bobby's reviews for his opinions, but it's obvious that he doesn't bother to do his homework. He doesn't always transform a toy correctly, nor does he seem very interested in showing the steps clearly to the viewer.

I would rather he do a quick montage of the transformation or just skip it entirely, it would make his reviews a lot better I think.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Agree. He's even said that he kind of glosses over transformations because he feels that a review should be a review, and there are other videos that are better for showing transformations. A montage that highlights the good and the bad about the transformation would probably work better for his "review-first" format and the viewers that watch him.

Seriously, Bobby, if you're reading this, copy Vangelus. Vangelus does the best transformation montages, giving exactly the kind of info you want to be giving. Seriously, my only gripes about Vangelus are that his videos have been few and far between lately, and when he does put one out it's usually for a Has/Tak toy (and I've pretty much quit those).

• Like Like x 1
  16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I am eager to know about the strength of the connection between the forearm and the upper arm of Havoc.... Can it handle the rotation of the forearm without breaking those little hooks on Revolt's butt cheeks?

17. Megacluts

If Powertrain gets released around 31 May as per Chimungmung, we will all have Havok without his left arm,

18. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Also, if he could tidy up his review stage a bit that would great. I'm sure he can do better than just draping a crumpled piece of grey flannel over a box :rolleyes: 

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  19. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

Why should he? I watch Bobby and Vangelus, and highly appreciate both for their respective style.
    No need for a herd of multiple Vangeli.

Vangelus is the fast & funny way to get a nice first impression of a figure I don't know much about.
    Bobby is my go-to guy for lengthy opinion and criticism, if I am on the fence - a figure even his nitpicking can't spoil for me is a definitive buy ;) 
    There is others who focus on showing transformation (both ways) or comparison shots... nice to have them all.

That said, reviews for the Transformmission guys seem far less widely available than other 3P products. Or is it my anticipation tricking me?

20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That would be great! But I am not really sure about that to be honest... :(