Transforming RoTF LC Prime Vs TF3 LC Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anthony Adams, Mar 4, 2010.

?

Which would be easier to transform?

1. RoTF LC Prime

33.3%
  2. TF3 LC Prime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They're about the same difficulty/complexity wise.

66.7%
  1. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Hi folks. :) 

To be honest, and speaking hyperthetically, which do you think will be easier to transform? (Robot to truck) TF3 LC Prime or RoTF LC Prime, based on your experiences with the first two Primes?

Because, in my opinion, Hasbro really need to do a MUCH better job disigning the next one, making the transformations easier. I mean, come'on, these are meant for kids, and I'm 25, and even I struggle with getting prime back into truck mode, what i struggle with most is the cab section and the arms.

So, which do you think will be easier? The TF3 LC Prime or the RoTF LC Prime?

EDIT

Damn, can't change the last option....

2. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    whatever i like him because he was so hard to transform the first time...and IMO leader Optimus is amazing...i would hate it if they made him easier...thats why they have the voyager prime...i will take wicked hard transformations for real movie accuracy! plus its fun, i hope the next one is even harder and even more accurate...ROTF optimus is such an amazing figure, he is basically just a scaled down version of what you see in the movie, and even his transformation is really accurate.. I hope its not any easier or id be scared it would mean cheating on the transformation like they do with the voyager (and a whole bunch of other transformers)

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It's a $45-50 toy. I question exactly how much it's meant for children, depending on the age of the child. There is a FAB line for a reason, filled with figures with more "traditional" transformation schemes. Also, I'm 26 and while I've only transformed the figure once. I managed to transform RotF Leader Prime without instructions, without problems.

Now to your question, no. I don't think the next Prime will be (or should be) an easier figure to transform. It should be an even more screen accurate representation of the Live Action Optimus Prime character.

Also, don't forget that kids transforming transformers builds mechanical skills. I'm always against trying to make shit easier for kids. You do nothing but limit their mental and physical capacity. Give them a challenge with a clear goal. It's all for the better.

4. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    THIS

5. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thirded. However I wouldn't be against a nice middle ground between the ROTF fig and something like Animated in terms of engineering. While the ROTF figure was a marvel in terms of just how accurate it was, and how intricate the transformation was, it was also, just not very fun to play with as a result. And as an action figure in terms of Arm articulation, which is lets face it, the entire gimmick of the figure thanks to those swords, it was completely crippled because of the swords and panels around them. At least to my liking.