Minor/Repaint: Transforming Kre-O Jazz custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Anthony _aggro, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus prime

Ebay:
  2. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I was trying that a while ago, and it was actually pretty good, but I gave up on the legs. I couldn't get them to look right, they'd be attatched to awkard places. I had some pics, but my brother took trhe memory card out the camera and lost it.

3. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    I think the only way to really make it work well is to cheat and use some Lego parts, ore get an extra kit, but that takes some of the challenge out of it. One thing I wanted to do was cut the fender pieces in half, so they were four separate pieces and could go on the hips, but I decoded that it was cheating too.

4. OOSnake

I didn'y want the arms to look bad, so I used a small part off the legs, but then they looked stubby..but I guess if I was building jazz into something cosmos I could probably go with that. Cosmos always seemed like the fattest transformer.

5. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    Cosmos and Powerglide are like Norm and Cliff from chears.

Yeah, arms are sketchy. I wish they came with hands in the low end Kreo kits. The hard part was figuring how to make them fold under the body.

6. OOSnake

I was interested in making a Kreo Rodimus Prime, but I didn't know what to use. Also, I was interested in being able to transform him. So I was thinking Sentinel Prime, but he is about £40, so I don't think so.

7. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    You would probably be best off with sideswipe and then getting some legos or parts from other kreo figures to make Rodimus Prime. Sentinal isn't a bad idea if you were able to scrounge up the money, because you will get lots of extra parts. Sentinel and Sideswipe together would work and modify the heads if possible.

8. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Well-Known Member

Kinda A Fail On The Legs.Needs Work on da legs.

9. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 I'm a schoolgirl on the inside. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    as a lego man my self i say good youve got the stuff but it could be better on those legs

10. OOSnake

I saw a video of somebody's custom Kreo Rodimus Prime. It was cool, but it didn't transform I think, and a main problem for me was the colours, pretty much completely red. Course that could be rectified with some paint. Thanks for the suggestions, btw.

11. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    I know. Those crummy legs I gave it were the best I could think of at the time. I could do way better if I had extra parts, but I am challenging myself to only use the parts that came with the figure and no more. I could cut the rim pieces in half and make much better legs, but I decided that it is cheating. I might break out my old legos later on and try this again later.

12. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    I just finished Prowl, but he is a weird space rover / Dune buggy looking vehicle. It is loads better than Jazz and I will take pictures and make a video later this week.

I also bought Ratchet today along with Prowl, so Ratchet will be soon too.

13. OOSnake

I was planning on buying Ratchet. I think he's got proper hands, if that makes it any easier. The main problem I get is making the vehicle mode look like what it's supposed to be, but the robot mode is mostly easy. Do you tend to find this?

14. Anthony _aggro

Ebay:
    I have yet to build one from the instructions. I find that the booklet is not very well made. It has diagrams, but they do not show all the orders to lay the pieces down like Lego instructions do.

I really do not care to make what the design on the box is anyways. I like to make my own designs and try to make them Transform. My Prowl is almost done. I gave him a Moon Rover / dune buggy sort of look. The wheel base is real short, but the Robot mode looks a lot like Alternator Prowl. I thought he was done the other day, but when I went to take pictures of him, he started falling apart, and I had a lot of extra pieces, so I'm trying to reinforce some of his structure before I post the pics.

I am excited about Ratchet, but I have not started him yet. I opened the box and put the Kreons together, but have not even put the stickers on the figures yet. I have some art to make and other stuff before I can get to him. I am going to try to make Ratchet as a Van style ambulance in stead of the truck style that it is meant to be.