Transforming Help for ROTF Leader Class Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ChrisLHanssen, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ChrisLHanssen

ChrisLHanssen From the desk of TBSKLF

Yes I now own ROTF Leader Class Jetfire. I'm asking for help with transforming him from robot to SR-71 Blackbird. Can you please help me? Thanks for the help.

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    what part? try video reviews on youtube.

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    He is quite difficult, I ended up taking mine back for refund because of the difficulty transforming him and the fact his electronics didn't work right.

4. ChrisLHanssen

From the beginning.

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    facepalm.jpg

Don't you do this with every figure you buy? They come with instructions, you know.

6. ChrisLHanssen

Me I like an challenge.

No I don't I only asked 5 times other than for this. For these toys:

Optimus Prime
    Megatron
    Bumblebee
    Blackout
    Ironhide.

Once I see the video of him tranforming from robot to vehicle I know what to do in the future and don't have to ask again. Have you seen the instructions Hasbro prints up? Not exactly easy to follow.

7. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Peaugh is pretty good, So is Optibotimus they are pretty detailed in the transformations

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem with them, you just make the toy look like the picture. They highlight the moving parts and give you directional arrows and everything.

9. ChrisLHanssen

They start from vehicle mode then goes to robot. Does not help if Jetfire comes out the box in robot mode. I love their reviews. Just wish people start the reviews from what the toy came out of when you take it out the box. If the toy is in vehicle mode in the box start the review that was and vice versa where the toy is in robot mode.

10. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    He's really not that hard, I did have problems snapping the rear part of the jet mode up but thats because I was afraid to break him. Just go slow and study the instructions.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Jetfire's instructions are fine. they worked for me.

12. powerbomb1411

powerbomb1411 Well-Known Member

#1 I do find Habro's instructions lackluster. I remember trying to Transform Blackout for the first time, I was incredibly lost at one point, then I went online and found out about a part of him I didn't even know was on him.

#2 Like others have said. Youtube video reviews. They're helpful.

#3 Look for the video reviews, I promise (without looking), that there is a review showing someone transformer Jetfire from jet and robot.

13. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

youtube it! Thats what I always do.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    and even if they start with jet mode, you could still use the video. you should be able to understand things in reverse order.

15. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    The instructions for jetfire are nearly as useless as the ones with prime. Without colors theres just too many parts to see what's supposed to be what, and when the figure changes positions or they zoom it, you can't tell up from down anymore.

The basics for transforming Jetfire take some getting used to. First flatten out the panels just behind his head, then rotate the upper peices forward until they snap into place over the head. It's a little tricky to try and get the teeth to all match up as well as snapping the back into place, I'd suggest tilting both peices forward and snapping them together, then tilting them as one peice back to snap into the lower panel. Make sure of course you fold up Jetfire's 'whiskers' so they don't get in the way.

Then just take the top panel on his back and flip it up and push it in to snap it into place. This is were the instructions get lost. Jetfire's middle body is made of two seperate peices, front and back. Seperate these peices (It takes some force) then rotate the back down. This will also allow you to flip the top portion of him (that has been forming the bulk of the jet body so far) down so that it runs along the backs of both torso peices. The now lower torso peice lines up under the upper (formerly Jetfire's front torso) but it doesn't snap into place on its own. You have to get the back peice (the very rear of the jet mode body) to snap into the other peices you aligned previously. This is very difficult as the teeth just don't like to match up. It would've helped a lot if the two torso peices snapped back together. All you can do is keep working at getting all the teeth into their proper place to lock it in.

Once you manage that the rest is cake. Line up the two massive turbine engines (the 'wings') with the rest of the body and snap them into place (make sure to snap the hinges into place were the turbines meet the rear portion of the vehicle that gave you so much trouble. For the fron half all you have to do is the same sort of motion you do with Cybertron Megatron (if you had him). You rotate the front of the nose portions out on each arm and push them back into the rear portions of the nose. Then you straighten both arms and raise them (shoulders included) to the front of the vehicle mode and snap them together. Make sure when you flip them up that the shoulders remain top up, otherwise the arms won't come together right. Also make sure the elbows are pointed inwards when they join because they have to bend into each other. It shouldn't be hard to work out.

the legs and 'belt' peices should be all thats left. For the 'belt' (the two peices that connect together with the long rubber strip tying them to Jetfire) are a pain for vehicle mode. If you try to do what the instructions tell you then the peice prevents the vehicle mode from sitting flush (and also prevents the landing gear from allowing him to roll). I saw one video reviewer who tried connecting the belt higher up on Jetfire's underbelly, close to the two bright gray peices that rotate back and forward, but this has the same problem. In the end the only conclusion I can come to is to do what one of the other reviewers I saw did and try to lay them flush on the underside so when you fold up the legs it basically stays pinned down. It's a pain that there nothing you can do with these peices in either Robot or Vehicle mode.

The legs are relatively straightforward. Fold the ankles up to the toes (they should match flush). Then rotate the legs at the thights all the way so they lay against the underbelly of the jet. There is one large peg on each leg that connects to the underside of the vehicle and holds firm. For some reason on my figure one of the toes bends a bit further then the other, allowing it to lay more flush against the body, but the other toe just doesn't bend that far.

After all that you can attach Jetfire's 'cane' by placing the handle in his hands just under the nose. There's a slot just behind the hands that the crane plugs right into and holds it firm. Then you can rotate the wheel up and down and will for landing gear (along with the wheels attached to each of the legs). Just make sure not to push the front wheel all the way back, or you'll have to take the nose apart to get it back out. Finally Jetfire's missile launcher/minigun (awesome weapon, btw) clips right in just under the nose.

For combining Prime and Jetfire, well, that's another story.

16. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    And for those encouraging the use of youtube and trying to learn in reverse I would say this.

It's a lot harder to transform Jetfire to Vehicle mode then it is to turn him back to robot mode. There are reasons for this, some peice have to be done in certain order just to transform him, but it isn't neccessary to repeat that order in reverse when changing back to vehicle mode. Just look at Leader Prime for another example, even if you watch someone transform him from Truck to Robot mode, you'd still never figure out how to assemble the bulk of the cab when transforming him to vehicle mode the first time. Heck, even the people that make the videos have a lot of trouble with that part.

17. ChrisLHanssen

Well I finally got Jetfire in SR-71 Blackbird mode. Just wondering if anyone has any videos on how to combine Prime and Jetfire slowly not fast as SEANxLONG and optibotimus has done. Love to follow their exact movements in doing so. Thanks for the help.