Transforming For SickKids - Transformers Charity Event in Toronto

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Aernaroth, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    From: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16673

This week in Toronto, Canada (June 23-28), at the Scotiabank Theatre the Transforming For SickKids charity group is holding a raffle event to raise money for the Therapeutic Clown Program at Toronto Sick Kids Hospital.

You can check out their site on Transforming For SickKids -

They've got an absolutely astonishing array of prizes, donated by Hasbro, as well as the entire collection of the gentleman running the. You can see a gallery of the prizes here.

Pictures of Prizes - TFSK09

So if you're going to go see the movie in downtown Toronto this weekend, be sure to stop by their booth.

I don't know if this violates the "no promoting other people's websites" rule, but this seemed like a really worthwhile cause to me, so I figured I'd give posting it here a shot.

ADDITIONAL INFO FROM TRANSFORMING FOR SICKKIDS:

"I have Hasbro Canada as our main sponsor and they donated over 16 BOXES worth of toys from all of their lines, so there's a little something for everyone.

Here's a Flickr Slideshow of the prizes we have so far.

I'm also donating my ENTIRE personal collection (minus Masterpiece Optimus Prime.. he's a keeper for this cause. That's how serious I am.

My target is $25,000 which is a bit insane, but I'm kind of an insane guy

The tickets span anywhere between $10 to $50 with your odds increasing with the more tickets you buy.

You can participate in 2 ways. You can either participate in the Promotional Draw (think raffle) or you can donate straight up and get a tax receipt.

For all the info and progress we've made in terms of Twitter updates, blog posts and videos you can visit Transforming For SickKids -

If this is something that resonates with you, please share with your friends, donate, or if you're in Toronto, drop by Scotiabank Theatre and say Hi!

I'll be there beginning tonight at Scotiabank Theatre and everyday afterward till June 28th. Hope to see some faces and tell me that you're from the Cybertron.ca / TFW2005 forums. I'd like to take a pic with you guys and put it on the blog!

Hope to connect with all of you soon!

Warmest,

Will Lam aka Galvanize Prime
    Founder
    Transforming for SickKids

PS Please help Digg my latest article (Top 10 Coolest Transformers) and put this cause on the front page of Digg.com! "

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Update: The raffle is now open to those outside the Toronto area!

"You can purchase tickets via Paypal at the email transformingforsickkids@gmail.com

Please remember to include your address, email and phone number and note that you are responsible for shipping costs if you do win any prizes from the draw.

I will keep you all posted on what's going on!

Thanks for your support guys!

-Will "