Transforming Dino-Cassettes Join a Retro '80s Bumblebee For This Comic-Con Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This would make sense... If not for the fact that several posters in this very thread called the Bumblebee toy in this set shit, crap, Bay abomination, etc. And lo and behold, there was no massive outcry.

I'll use whatever words I like and in this case 'triggered' felt very apropos.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    While I do appreciate these toys being reissued due to their rarity, I don’t think much of their actual quality going by pictures - but then I’m never going to be owning the four anyway.

3. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Lead Singer & Front Man of the Secret Shockwaves

Ebay:
    Hey, you do you. You have every right to say what you think or feel.

That being said, the irony that comes from dismissive posts attached to chibi art of a My Little Pony character is palpable, to say the least.

I think some of the fun from tape characters come from the limited engineering options you get when you're dealing with a skinny, flat rectangle. It's fun to see all the ways the designers took the same limited canvas and created so many characters. That same rectangle turned into two distinct humanoid shapes, a bird, a stegosaurus, a ceratosaurus, a pteronodon, a tank, a plane, a jaguar, a lion, a bat, a rhino, a tyrannosaur, a raptor-looking-thing, and a diplodocus(?). That's just nuts.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They're great little toys, no question about that. The question is whether people would want one that is essentially a straight reissue packed with one that is not shoved into a package with the 5000th version of a character that has no fandom. It's just a mess.

5. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Answer is yes.

Well, for me and many others, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And what, pray tell, does my choice of an avatar have to do with anything, hmm?

Cya
    Raziel-chan

7. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    I guess I expected someone that was apparently a fan of a show that teaches that "Friendship is Magic", whose fandom if I recall correctly once had a slogan of "Love and Tolerance", to not declare something that a lot of people clearly are interested in "shit" and/or bait others into conflict.

Oh well. Maybe they stuck that particular lesson in Season 7. I skipped that one.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You must've skipped a whole lotta more if you think that someone with that character in their avatar would be a proponent of 'love and tolerance'. At least in the meaning you imply.

And here I thought that here, in the Transformers fandom, with its endless wars between specific generations, people would know better than to paint an entire fandom with a broad brush, as a singular, amorphous, homogenous blob-like entity. But alas, not the case, apparently.

Anyway, whatever. I just find it funny that no one made a peep about calling the Bumblebee in the set crap and an abomination, but the moment anyone calls the sanctified ancient slabformers shit, how could he, people like those.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    this. gimme. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They don't always know better. But that's ok. Some days it's best to just say "screw the fandom", and just buy and enjoy whatever the hell you want.

11. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb G1 is the only 1!!!

Very odd coupling. I never knew these even existed!

12. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Having the opinion is no problem. Its how we tend to act as a collective when somebody doeant share it. I dont have much in the way of that particular bee figure. The one version of the mold I have is enough. Its definitely not my favorite. It tends to fall apart a lot and tabbing is a pain I the butt. I've never had the cassettes, but they look like a lot of fun and they hold a lot of sanctity to old collectors.

I don't know why people didn't leap to the defense of the movie figures. I guess not many of their fans are following the board? It'd definitely be well within their right to get upset if they like that particular mold, just like with the G1 figure.

I'd have said the exact same thing to anyone that was snarking at someone responding to them saying movie figures were shit. I just didn't see such a post. Maybe its there and i missed it. Your last statements is sort of the point. We attack each other constantly for no reason than ...well, I'm not sure for what.

Whatever the case, it'd be nice to just BE a transformers fan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. combinerlover

combinerlover PREDACON`s , Unite !

I need these in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  14. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine will be at SDCC this year. Does anyone know the process of purchasing things at Hasbro Toy Shop during SDCC in person? Do you just stand in line and then purchase it? Is there some lottery or ticket or anything? Would he be able to purchase this and the POTP Optimus Primal repaint in a single transaction? Thanks for any help!

15. mcart

News Credits:
    Before Thursday he must connect to the comic Con portal and show interest for a slot for Hasbro when he will be available to purchase items. This is a new procedure. There will be a drawing on Friday to say who gets which slots, if any. It's not hurting his chances if he hasn't done this already.

It's the same for Lego, Pop and one other, I want to say UCC?

Also for some signings like 2001 and Archer.

Previously you could buy up to two of each exclusive. I'm guessing that rule will still be I play.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018 at 8:31 PM
  16. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Sounds awkward. I'll see if he can express interest via the online portal.

Edit: By slots do you mean time slots so he doesn't have to wait around in line?

17. mcart

News Credits:
    Yes exactly he needs to show interest in a slot.

18. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That paint job on the camaro looks cool but did they have to bundle the shitty figure with the cassettes that are the obvious draw of this set, jeez...

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nice upside down dino mode

• Like Like x 1