Transforming 2007 movie Leader Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xenomrph, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I'm confident I posted a thread about this almost a year ago, and I didn't really get an answer. :( 

I knew there was a reason why I rarely transform Leader Brawl to tank mode, and I'm remembering now as I try to do it again. I can't get his left arm (with the twin blades and minigun) to fit right along his side to get the tank treads to line up. I got the other arm situated just fine, with the arm cannon in the gap in his leg and his arm folded along his side so I've got room to fold the treads and side-skirts up along the side, and line up the longer tread piece with the shorter one near the front of the tank.

But when I try to do the exact same thing with the left arm, it just doesn't work. It's positioned exactly the same as the right arm, the arm weapon is tucked into his leg, but there just isn't enough clearance to line up the treads/side-skirts correctly because the minigun/blade weapon is physically wider than the arm cannon on the right arm, and it sticks out a good half-centimeter wider than the right arm's weapon. It prevents me from lining the long and short tread pieces up.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. I tried looking up videos on youtube on how to transform him and they were totally not helpful, and just showed people transforming him with no problem and not showing exactly how the left arm is supposed to sit against the leg.

I feel like a retard; I know WHAT I'm supposed to do, but the pieces just won't move properly in order to do it. If anyone can give me tips (preferably with close-up photographs of how it's supposed to look), I'd really appreciate it. Later I'll try and find my digital camera and take photos of what I'm doing so people can see.

Thanks!

2. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

The shoulder has to be gold-paint-side facing up(when you're looking at the bottom side), iirc. Then it just sort of collapses in.

3. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Yeah I've got the shoulder arranged right (gold part facing me, claws facing out, I can see the screw at the elbow joint but not the screw at the shoulder joint), the problem is the arm-cannon that's supposed to tuck into the leg. It's bigger than the one on the other arm and doesn't give enough clearance when I try to fold the treads in.

4. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I know you said you checked out Youtube vids, but did you check out that dude Peaugh's? I'm not sure if I spelled his handle right, but someone suggested checking out one of his reviews to me for something similar (can't remember the bot I had a little trouble transforming) and his review helped me out.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First, make sure that you've got the arm guns collapsed all the way. There's lots of random folding bits on those things, so maybe you've missed something.

The other trick of it is that Brawl's ratchets have to be aligned just right. Otherwise, there's a small edge somewhere that sticks out just enough to prevent the treads from snapping down right. It's a little tricky. Just takes some massaging in place.

6. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Unfortunately Peaugh's video only has the transformation from vehicle to robot. :( 

Having said that, when he transforms it the left arm-cannon is tucked a lot further into the leg gap than it is on mine and I can't figure out how he did it.

7. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Did you remember to unclip the weapon from the arm? Otherwise, it'll just take some adjustment of the armature it's attached to. It's probably not extended out far enough, and it's thusly not resting in its socket properly.

8. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Oh crap, just figured it out. Like I said, I'm a retard.

I didn't fold the minigun over, so it was making the arm bit too "tall" to fit in the socket.

Thanks for the help!

9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    To be fair, it's sometimes pretty easy to forget that that thing's even there, since it's black on a black platform, your eyes just kinda gloss over it half the time.

10. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Haha I have no excuse, I repainted it chrome (and re-detailed a lot of other stuff in chrome, like the arm blades, front cow-catchers, hands, other details).

I totally forgot that that part even moves, though. In the videos I saw on youtube, the people didn't even move that part when they put it in tank mode.

11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Well then I take it back. You're an f'ing retard.

J/K. Glad you got it figured out, at least.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
  13. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I linked to that video in an earlier post and explained why it didn't help. :p