Transformersclub.com Update: "Gone Too Far" Starring Jackpot and Hubcap

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Trentulas, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Trentulas

Trentulas Has all kinds of dangerous needs.

News Credits:
    The Official Transformers Collector's Club has released Gone Too Far (Written by Greg Sepelak and Trent Troop with illustrations by Evan Gauntt) in the Members section of the club webpage. Set in the TransTech Universe, Gone Too Far explores the streets of Axiom Nexus through the eyes of Jackpot and Hubcap, two Autobots who are a long way from home and in over their heads.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *sees preview picture of story*

GASPERS! Scattorshot! BM Thrust! APEFACE EATING A BANANA! Oh, I know this story will be love before I even read it...

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I love the bit in the interrogation. Is the reference to them doing chips a sly reference to our own Shane Anderson's Megabolt and his obsession, I wonder?

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Love the transition-symbols throughout the text.

-airfox

5. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OOh, cool. I see the Brazillian Malignus Insigia. I might actually read this one.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Interesting read. Not great, but it'd make for a fun G1 or BW episode... hell a fun episode for any series really. One of those ones that makes you forget about any far reaching plots and their inevitable holes. All in all a good fun read.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    There were a few typos, and a few disjointed transitions, but all-in-all, a fun read. Though, I'll admit I ended up using the TF Wiki to match some names with figures, which is actually a pro in my opinion; I like stories that don't rely on the obivous cast.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Ohhhh, I'm really tempted...I've been looking for more reasons to join the club...
    DN

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I did the same thing. Which is one of the reasons I think it was such a good read. When Black Shadow showed up I was like 'Who?' and had to look him up... I mean, based on the story it was obvious he was a Pretender, but I didn't know which until I looked him up.

And than he goes and gets smashed by Menasor/Moledriver. :lol 

10. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was quite a fun read, and the inclusion of Cheetor, upgraded as a Trans-tech, had my inner BW geek grinning from ear to ear. I didn't bother looking up the bots but I think I might now. Anyone wonder if Cryotek is within the G1 continuity?

11. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    These bots look really cool!!! Does anyone think they will release them in a toy line and hopefully NOT just exclusive to the club?

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    If you're talking about the weird-looking Cheetor and co, they're from the cancelled Transtech toyline.

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know, I think I've overdone my fandom at times. I had to double check on Action Master Jackpot, (you don't see Action Masters in many stories), but I didn't need WiKi for anyone else. It was a greatly enjoyable read, and that funny world with no wars reminded me of my own collection. My factions don't fight either and 'while insults and cheers/jeers' may be used, there is no war. Some good quotes in the story as well. If there were typos, I didn't find any. I'll have to re-read it carefully. The faction tranistions was a very good touch as well. Jackpot the Third? Hmm. That might work with a collection too. :lol 

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Actually, since Cryotek was rather clearly spelled out as one of the few actual TransTechs in this TransTech story, no. I didn't wonder that.

15. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Indeed, even the club won't likely be making these, since the club would need some existing mold from which to work. The indications are that TransTech never got to that stage.

16. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Since I proofread this, I'll take that as a compliment. Sadly, I've already found one I missed.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, closest thing they could probably do is take some of the Vehicon molds (they're about as close as any figures get to being TransTech-ish) and give them new heads, but I wouldn't hold my breath for something like that.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

The TransTech did make the story a little creepy for me. Do all unproduced Transformers end up at the Axiom Nexus? Produced G1 Tracks somehow found his way there as well.

P.S. Still looking for TYPOs. :lol 

19. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Hopefully, they'll be few and far between. But like I said, I'm aware of one already (and at least one or two others that I gave Pete the option of NOT changing, because they were really petty and not the kind of thing anyone not an English major would likely care about. For the most part, I try to let Siph and Trent's story stand on its own. A proofreader's job is to make the authors look good... not that they need much help in that regard.)

20. Trentulas

Trentulas Has all kinds of dangerous needs.

News Credits:
    The Transtechs are creepy? Interesting...

And I'm pretty sure just about any TF could wind up in Axiom Nexus, provided there's some kind of means of getting them there. Its a crossworlds city, and as such the sky is the limit.

-Trent