Transformers you seem to like but everyone hates on.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You know, I feel some bots get more hate than they deserve.

Here's the three that i see get hated on a lot.

1. G1 Rodimus Prime, You could say he killed Optimus Prime unitentionally but I really liked Rodimus, He started the archetype of "Turbo Revving Young Punk" which continues today. I know had he not intervened in Optimus Prime and Megatron final fight, Prime would have lived and I can see why you would hate him, but throughtout the movie he really seemed confident and heroic in many parts hell he saves Kup's life and repairs him and got to unlock the power of the Matrix and blow Unicron up sky high. In Season 3 he went Downhill and got whiny and some parts but I liked the fact he wasn't perfect and knew he will never replace Optimus Prime, I just wished he hadn't everytime Prime came back he forced the Matrix back to him.

2. Cybertron Hotshot, I grew up with the Unicron Trilogy and Hotshot was the kid appeal charecter of the time, He was okay in Armada and Energon but didn't do it for me then, Then came along the Cybertron series and he was awesome. He was Cooler, faster and for some reason i thought he acted more mature than the Energon version espicially after the Cybertron Defense upgrade, hell he became Leader of Velocitron and the Cybertron toy has a special place in my heart due to his toy being the first i got from the line, in a way he was like improved version of G1 Rodimus also I'd take Hotshot over Bumblebee anyday.

3. Animated Ultra Magnus, I know Magnus wasn't be a warm cuddly charecter but i thought he was awesome. I like how he's a no-nosense charecter who makes tough descions and doesn't care if people agree with him or not. People seem to hate him because of the fact he favors Sentinel Prime over Optimus Prime, my theory is that Magnus knew Optimus was right and had the Leadership potiential but wanted him to earn his way into becoming the Autobot Leader he destined to be, I really dig the Magnus Hammer and his Robert Stack esque voice too, I think Ultra Magnus was suppossed to represent the old ways of Cybertron while a new revolution began, shame he had to die but if it was anyone who killed him i'm glad it was my favourite charecter in the show, Shockwave.

Agree with me or not, I still really like these charecters for what they are and now i have question who do you like that gets more hate than they deserves and why do you like them?

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

G1 Prowl

One of the coolest looking Transformers ever and the face of the Autobots.
    Furman made him a whiner and then a prick. I liked Budiansky and Dreamwave's take on him. They were closer to the tech specs. In the Marvel and Dreamwave comics, he seemed quite a capable and approachable leader. Nick Roche and Shane McCarthy have gone some way towards making him likeable again, especially Roche. I liked Michael Bell's voice for him. Considering kids love robots and police cars, I'm surprised he isn't one of the more popular Transformers. I wouldn't mind seeing aspects of his Animated counterpart entering G1 including the voice. But then mixing the Roche version's intelligence and sneakiness along with Animated's ninja training, we'd have TF's answer to Batman. Not necessarily a bad thing. I want Hasbro to admit they messed up the names of Energon Prowl and Checkpoint and rerelease Checkpoint as G1 Prowl as a Prime. Shame there's already G1 Sentinel Prime. It would be perfect for G1 Prowl in Prime form since Sentinel means "One who watches". Prowl as a Prime would be an interesting lead up to Beast Wars where he ends up leading the Maximals with Ironhide and Silverbolt.

Armada Sideswipe

I fell in love with him after World's Collide. I just thought Don drew him really cool. There are far worse TF toys out there. i just wish he was a Basic.

G1 Blurr

I loved his voice. Everyone forgets he had an intelligence of 8 which puts him up with the likes of Ratchet. He's constantly played down. I loved him fighting Thunderwing in the Marvel comics. I don't like the new look IDW gave him. Would love to see a Revoltech version of him based on his Movie appearance.

Movie Ratchet

Gets overshadowed by the annoying Ironhide. Has a great voice. Actually quite an intelligent character who deserves more of the limelight.

G1 Menasor

Never gets any homages. People rave about boring Devestator but noone mentions the far cooler looking Menasor.

G1 Wheelie

Only found him annoying in the Headmasters cartoons. I liked his voice and anyone who puts Grimlock in his place deserves some respect. Shame he had a crap toy. Bumblebee was always the annoying Mini-bot to me. At least Bay made him cool.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too many to list.

4. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Armada Hot Shot
    Armada Sideswipe
    SW crossovers Chewbacca
    dont care for han solo

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Look at my Sig
    I
    V

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime is an awesome character.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Jumpstarters, especially the toys. Love 'em to bits.

8. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    ROTF Twins, easily.

9. unwrittenwurds

unwrittenwurds when you lease expect it

He is one of my newest addition. HFTD Firetrap. I wish he was bigger that is my only complaint about firetrap. He is simple, easy to transform, and I love his color! Also G1 Jetfire, and -R.I.D.- Jetfire (one of my favs) ;) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

Rodimus/hot rod. HE'S THE FREAKING CHOSEN 1!! How would you deal with going from irresponsible teenage turbo revving punk to adult leader with responsibility in 1 matrix opening??

11. AMG

AMG Old School

Skids & Mudflap.

12. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    true dat. i love them but everyone says they're racist, annoying and in the way. idc. i love them, bee, arcee(s), jazz, and sideswipe

13. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I don't like Wheelie, but I don't loathe him, either. In fact, I usually will literally forget about him. I don't hate Blurr, either.

I don't hate Shia LeBouf. I don't really like him, though.

The Twins, though, the twins are abominable.

14. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. No one gets near as much flak as this guy. Sad too, there was great potential for awesome story-telling elements with him. I also cannot, for the life of me, understand what's so annoying about G1 Wheelie. Yes I watched ALL of G1, and honestly, he didn't grate on my nerves as bad as some other characters I've seen.

15. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

RoTF twins worked as modern G1 twins to me. Sideswipe was a nice composite character, but I loved the twins.

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. Definitely.

I love him. He's not only one of my favorite G1 characters, but one of my favorite TF characters, period. In general I find him far more interesting and appealing than Optimus Prime.

17. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

G1 Rodimus and Wheelie, Energon OP and Starscream, Armada kids (IMO, most of the kids in other TF series is more annoying than them), Armada Red Alert (I think he is cooler than G1 Red Alert), Victory Leo (some people hates him because Ginrai was replaced by him, but I don't care about Ginrai), BW Terrosaur (he is not hated in general, but dies too early. I've expected more screentime with him).

18. 420bot

420bot ******

Kup, b/c everyone calls him shitpiece now b/c of all the different youtube videos that started with 'rude awakening' I believe.
    One day I believe that when Optimus and Rodimus both fall to a new evil, Kup will rise and use the matrix to become, KUPIMUS PRIME!

Mega Galvacron: "What can an old fool like you do to stop me, I am power, I am a GOD!!!!!"

Kupimus Prime: "Old timer, you aint seen nothing yet!"

Kupimus then slices Galva into chopped liver, flicks his cygar at some gas, and walks away not looking back at the giant explosion that makes M. Bay weep b/c his explosions are never that cool.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast MACHINES Optimus Primal. He gets dumped on so much for becoming a hippy, for going all religious zealot and extremist on us, and for being unable to wipe his monkey butt without consulting the Oracle. Oh, and he single-handedly turned Cybertron into a greenhouse. Except that, upon rewatching BM, I found that he was still quite capable as a leader and that his religious zealotry had been heavily played up by those that hated the religious themes of the show. He's okay, and I like him.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm not a big fan of ROTF's Twins, but I certainly don't hate them. They made me laugh a couple times.

The Animated figure of Rodimus helped make me not hate him, too.