Transformers you really looked forward to getting....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Negronicus, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That turned out to be pure $@%&. For me, it was Premium Leader class Megatron from the 2007 movie. I really liked Megatron despite the short amount of screen time he got in the film, and got even more excited after playing the DS game based on the first film. Transformers: Decepticons I think it was called. I loved the cybertronian jet form, but for some reason, it sort of looks like an afterthought on the figure.....which is terrible, because I have a foot tall disappointment sitting in my room that I spent 80 bucks on. I'm sure theres someone out there who might like him....trades anyone? haha

Tell me some of your stories.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Necro bump!

3. Gallade

Gallade The Ultimate Genius

News Credits:
    Well, I don't have a story... BUT I HAVE A LIST!
    ROTF Sideswipe, Classics Sideswipe, Classics Sunstreaker, Energon Inferno, Cybertron Hot Shot, Cybertron Scattershot, Cybertron Red Alert-- wait.. oh you mean figures I got that I was looking forward to.

Well, DoTM Ultimate Optimus Prime. Honestly, I didn't really like it and I really wanted a Jetwing kind of Prime. Looking back, I should have gotten RoTF Prime and Jetfire. I was also disappointed with DoTM deluxe Barricade and Voyager Optimus. Voyager Optimus Prime felt so much like a KO. I hated it so much because every swivel felt so loose. I couldn't even transform the thing. It was near impossible since nothing stayed together. Note that I have transformed Voyagers before back as a kid. I've even transformed RoTF Mixmaster. Now, there was trouble I had with him but it wasn't as difficult as DoTM Prime.

Hell, I had more fun with DoTM Barricade but I hated the figure to its core. It looked so stupidly boring and I had trouble standing it. Movie 1 Barricade looked so much better and came with a Frenzy. That's what I think would be the Premier Edition price but eh, it's whatever now.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to getting Beachcomber, and the clones 2 pack. Nothing else has grab my attention......maybe Nitro Zeus

5. Gallade

Gallade The Ultimate Genius

News Credits:
    I think he's talking about figures you got that you were looking forward to getting but it turned out to be a pure piece of garbage or in his case, shit.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Ohhhhhh gotcha, l knee jerk reactes to the thread title. I am fairly convinced when l buy a figure that l will like it, so for me it's the impulse buys that leave me less than pleased.

I didn't really dig AoE Slog. A little too fiddly but both modes are decent.

• Like Like x 1
  7. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was really looking forward to getting Combiner Wars Sky Lynx. Then when I got him for my birthday this year, his hips wouldn't remain stable in combined torso form until I took the figure apart and fixed them. His shoulders don't stay in place in combined mode when I move the arms, but I don't know how to fix that.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

I'm going old school here. I was 7 years old and I remember memorizing the little fold out catalog that came with one of my other figures. I was captivated by the Aerialbots. I loved them in the cartoon and couldn't wait to get the toys. Until I got the toys. I got a gift set for Easter of Superion and I had my first real exposure to Scramble City Combiners. These toys weren't sturdy and detailed like my older transformers. They were cheap plastic junk with ugly stickers and terrible combined mode that felt like it was going to collapse if breathed on. Thank goodness Combiner Wars fixed this bad memory.

• Like Like x 3