Transformers you missed because of getting in the game too late.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mitch FIN Keith, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

What is the one transformers you would score if you could jump back in time?

Mine is masterpiece Grimlock, its a work of art but i just cant justify spending that can of money on a toy right now and he is only going to go up in price.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Only G1. I got into the game during the first wave of Beast Wars.

Now I can say I missed on the FP CJ upgrade and Superion upgrade because I was a little late on jumping into the 3rd party stuff.

Thankfully I have been on top of pretty much everything else....oh and Punch Counterpunch. I was not a TFCC member yet and relied on Anabolik1 to purchase him for me. He screwed me over and alas I am without any PCP :( 

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of Fansproject and Classics Universe toys. Fortunately though, I got almost everything I missed. Just need Ratchet, Powerglide, and the FP Superion add-on kit.

4. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    More beast wars figures as a kid, as well as keep better care of my collection. I'd have a good 20-30 more figures I just took care of my collection. dammit 8 year old Jacer! :banghead: 

5. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't missed any because I wasn't collecting, but I have missed some due to poor distribution or just being poor at the time and not being able to afford all the things I wanted.

It doesn't make me fantasize about time travel though - I mean they are all available on ebay as we speak.

6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Energon Omega Supreme, which I am just about to pick up.

7. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of Universe 2.0
    99.6% of ROTF
    90% of the first half of Generations.

8. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

FE Bulkhead. I was already collecting but I could've bought him any time on eBay before he, along with the rest of the FE's, were cancelled. Now I'm stuck with high prices that are only gonna get worse.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ummm...a lot of the cybertron line i really like, slowly getting them though, i got in at a good time imo, tail end of alts, got most of them from a member for a great deal. and beginning of classics, all for retail or less. g1 is taking some time to complete though lol. but that's half the fun

10. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

SG Prime and SG Rodimus.

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Select figures from Botcon 2006 and Botcon 2008.

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Buster Prime. Granted they did reissue him for DOTM but I can't see myself spending $250 on a Leader 2-pack which should only cost $175 tops, even with import prices. While I was in Japan, I bought myself Striker Optimus instead (such an awesome figure) and for Christmas my wife got me Jetwing Prime (which is basically a revamped Buster mold that includes the buster cannon, updated abs sculpt, and the epic jetpack and gatling guns... it's just missing the paint apps and flames pinstriping of the Buster figure) so I don't really mind missing out on Buster Prime in the end.

13. J2DK

J2DK Fan

Classics Skywarp.

14. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Some Movie toys, most importantly Leader Brawl.

15. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    battle damaged MP Prime from Walmart back when he was on clearance for like $20, I wasnt that big into TFs at that point and was only buying movie stuff. now Prime is my holy Grail and I still havnt gotten one. same can be said for the classics 1 line

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I really should have picked up Cybertron Voyager Soundwave when I first started collecting in December 2006, when one of my local Targets still had Cybertron toys on shelves. That, and most of the Classics/Universe Classics and Alternators toys, too.

And even when I was working on collecting TFs, there were a lot of TFs -- mainly Movie ones -- that I missed out on and wished I got them or was able to find them.

So I have a whole lot of catching up to do in addition to doing my best to stay caught up with all of the toys I want.

17. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Classics Prime and Classics Mirage, although I found a better stand-in the former, and bought the more exclusive and sexier deco of the latter. I guess the worst really is missing Universe Ratchet and Prowl/Silverstreak.

18. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Alternators Prowl, Robots in Disguise figures, and any Movieverse figures before Dark of the Moon...

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    g1 bruticus and fp bruticus

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Botcon 07 and 08 stuff, Crystal Henkei Optimus, and Wildrider, and some Henkei figures. I started back collecting during the first movie, and didn't really get into Classics till near the end of 08, probably didn't buy "expensive" figures till 09, and didn't realize that I loved Henkei figures till 2010. I have tracked down some, but am still about 12 short of feeling "complete".

Other than that, I wasn't collecting during Alternators, and am missing 4 of them still, and didn't decide to complete Animated (deluxe and above) till they were gone, so I am missing Roadbuster Magnus, and clear Lockdown. I will track those all down when I have money and time.