Transformers you got as presents

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Were there any Transformers you got as presents from your family for a certain occasion like a birthday, graduation, or Christmas?

I recall my parents who got me a Hasbro MP Optimus (regular, no chrome or battle damage) and Cybertron supreme Primus on the last day of school for passing third grade with perfect scores.

2. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I specifically remember one birthday in the 80's when my father got me both Trypticon and Scorponok. Still have both of them in nm/m condition with all accessories. One of the coolest birthdays. Only place he ever found them was when he was visiting family in New York.

I also remember christmas the year transformers first aired on TV, and one of my present was Optimus Prime.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure there were others, but these stand out the most.

Dec 25th, 1996, got BW Insecticon and Snapper from my grandpa and grandma.

1997, got Astrotrain from one of my brother's old teachers after class was over.

May 1999, got BW TM 2 Scourge from my uncle (No reason, just normal day and he gave it to me.)

October 1999, got BW TM 2 Spittor for birthday.

Got BW Depth Charge and Rampage during the holidays before, but can't recall if that was 98 or 99. Also got BW TM 2 Ramulas and Cheetor on Dec 25th as well, think that was 99.

4. chrono77

chrono77 Well-Known Member

For my birthday, I got a Masterpiece Optimus Prime.
    [​IMG]

5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lets see, from what I can remember....

Universe Ratchet (RiD X-Brawn repaint) and Universe Skydive (BM Skydive repaint)

From the Ex, I got: GF Galaxy Convoy, Energon Grimlock and Swoop (pending sale), Alt Windcharger, Alt Wheeljack and some others I'm not quite sure of... maybe those other ones weren't TFs.... IDR

RiD Galvatron on X-Mas from my Brother. This one caught me off guard because it was my first TF toy I got since I started collecting during BW. I usually ask for clothes and stuff like that cuz I buy my own toys.

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Bought all this myself this year. Got a reissue G1Devastator, TFC Scrapper and Hook (A-M-A-Z-I-N-G), and finally the Maketoys Battle Tanker. Super awesome stuff. Cannot wait to finish TFC's Devastator, HE'S SO EPIC!!!!

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure my Fort Max was a present when I was a kid, but I don't recall actually getting it. I remember getting some pretenders and micromasters for my birthday, but that's because they photobombed a pic of me eating ice cream cake.

8. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Prior to this month, the last Transformer I remember being given by a friend or family member was probably the Generation 2 Constructicons. Now, you have to understand, every year my mother asks me to E-Mail her with a list of things I’d be interested in. She likes me to list the price, where it can be found, brick and mortar, or online with a link.

Usually I ask for routine things, any DVDs or Blu Rays I might be interested in, football (soccer) or hockey jerseys, maybe a new putter, nothing too fancy, just whatever I might happen to want or need at the time. I then go over the list, adding up how much I want, and then pare it down to a reasonable level. I then send it to her with the note that while I don’t expect everything on this list, I would appreciate any of the following. By sending her options, she can pick and choose and it comes as something of a surprise.

This year, I included some of the normal stuff, but then I decided to add some Transformers that I had been meaning to get for my Classics collection, but hadn’t gotten around to. So I found the best deals I could on Axer (2010 Axor), Lockdown (ROTF), Slugslinger (Energon), Spoons (ROTF Deadlift), Hoist (ROTF), Whirl (ROTF), Getaway (Movie Breakaway), things like that. It turns out she bought all the Transformers on the list. I know this because she had them delivered to my home.

I ended up having to pay the import fees on one or two of them, and she obviously didn’t wrap them, but I am certainly not complaining. She also bought the clothing I asked for. She came over and asked me to try them on to make sure they fit before she took them back to be wrapped.

It’s been a bit surreal, especially with the amount of hours I’ve been working. Everyday there seems to be a new note on the door that they tried to deliver something.

Yesterday, I donated about 20 MISB / MOC Transformers, ranging from Legends to Ultra to the Toy Bank. I didn't think I was doing it out of guilt at the time, but now I'm wondering if my subconscious was at work.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    All 3 Autobot Double Targetmasters.

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    I got ROTF Jetfire two years ago as a Christmas present and I got DOTM Thundercracker and DOTM Shockwave as Birthday presents this year.

11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Ex girlfriend once got me Battle-Blades Optimus and Legends Ravage for our 1-year anniversary, lol

12. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

That's hardly justification for her being an ex. Were the packages beat up?

13. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I remember getting a Prowl and Galvatron for Christmas in 1986, we still have video of it. I got all the protectobots and technobots for Christmas 1987, I think Scorponok too that year. Much later my dad went to a local flea market and bought me a Weirdwolf and Siren for christmas 1999.

More recently my wife bought me tons of RID, Universe, Energon and Cybertron figures over the past 10 years. She has stopped lately though b/c what I want now is increasingly difficult to find.

14. AU Chevy

AU Chevy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I get transformers for presents every birthday and Christmas. Just yesterday my parents got me Amazon Unicron, 2masterpiece TRU Rodimus Primes, DTOM Air Raid and Skyhammer for this Christmas. My wife also got me several I will get on Cristmas day.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    One Christmas I got Micromaster Base Countdown and another Christmas I got Powermaster Optimus Prime. And I think I got some Micromaster Patrol at Nikolaus Day.

I can't remember any more. Those were the best Transformers presents, that's probably why I still remember when I got them.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One Christmas I got Cybertron Ultimate Starscream and Leader Galvatron. Another one I got Squeezeplay, Tantrum, the BBTS Piranacons.

17. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

My very first Transformer, RiD Optimus, was given to me on my birthday. He is proudly standing, complete, next to my computer right now. :D 

18. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I remember one year, I got Classics Mirage, Alternators Sunstreaker, Alternators Meister, Alternators Optimus Prime, Titanium Scourge, and Titanium Megatron for Christmas.

19. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    This year
    g1 menasor
    g1 defensor
    g1 predaking
    sonicron

20. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

That is a sick bday present!