Transformers you bought twice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Sep 19, 2010.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not including the toys you had when you were very young and lost/broken/thrown away by parents, I mean the toys you made a conscious decision of selling or giving away, then bought another one of the same toy later on.
    I guess when we let go of our Transformers toys we all have different reasons; regretting impulse buy, getting tired of certain toy/series, or space/financial issues forcing us to downsize our collection.

I recently got panicked over a vet bill and sold off a chunk of my stuff including HA Mudflap and TFA SoC set. Fortunately the bill was much less and our budgie has made a full recovery :) 

Then I came across one of the toys I sold off.
    I honestly thought I'd be fine without her, but I confess as soon as I shipped her out to her new home (found a great buyer BTW :) ), I regretted the sale.
    I've sold off many toys in the past, but this is the first time I bought the same toy I let go of. I'm so glad I got her back, but I hope I won't be doing it again...this is a rather stupid thing to do :redface2:  (Fortunately I didn't have to pay more than the amount I sold mine for, though.)

Anyone bought the same toy you got rid of before, or have any toys you want to buy back?

Attached Files:

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've done this a lot but my rule of thumb is, it has to be cheaper than what I sold it for. I brought

Reissues
    Galvatron, Predaking

Henkei
    I brought 3 Hot Rods lol

RID
    Prowl, Super Prowl, Optimus, Magnus

Armada
    Unicron (Well, does the 2010 release count?)

Alternity
    Black Convoy

Out of those I listed, the only figures still in my possession are Black Convoy/Hot Rod and i'm still waiting on Unicron but that should be coming along soon.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

G1 Jetfire MIB.
    I had one about two years ago and now I can't even remember why I sold it. But it was pretty damn perfect and I've often kicked my self for selling it.
    So earlier this year, I had to grab another one. It was a little less expensive than the first, and it's a tad less perfect. But perfect nevertheless. :D 
    Needless to say, I ain't getting rid of this one for anything!

4. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Since I only started collecting again after the movie, things I've had duplicates of are (including molds):

TFTM:
    08' BB (One now junk pieces, the other now in my Cousin's possesion)

ROTF:
    Cannon BB mold (One to make into a movie Sari [Failed], the other to make into a movie Streetwise [succeeded, but looks like crap]

Mudflap mold (Made into accurate Mudflap [broken], Made into Glyph [Broke, substituted with Skids body]

Soundwave mold [Made into Accurate Soundwave and into Cosmos [Infiltration mold]

Long Haul [Keep one as Long Haul, make the other into Overload [Failed]

Jolt [Made into screen accurate version, make into movie Sparkplug (Failed)]

Knockout mold [Make both into movie Groove (first failed, second succeeded)]

BattleBlade Bumblebee mold [Make into screen accurate BB and ChaosCleaver Cliffjumper (both succeeded), will buy third of this mold]

Arcee mold [Make one into accurate Arcee and other into Elita-1 (both succeeded)]

Ice Cream Twins [One to make into Screen Accurate Version, other to make into ROTF Runamuck and Runabout (succeeded)]

HA BB [One to make into Nightbeat [Failed] other to keep as BB]

Sideswipe Mold (Make both into Wheeljack [first failed, second succeeded)

Plans for next Double buys:
    Sidearm Sideswipe: Make into Sunstreaker and Sideswipe (might buy third to make updated Wheeljack)

Another Legends Ravage: Make into custom IDW Rumble

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I bought CR Black Convoy while already owning RiD Scourge, just cos I preferred the slightly different colors and stickers. That's the only one I can think of since I don't usually get rid of toys.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Dunno if this counts but I keep buying figures from car boot sales that I already have. Then often I wonder why I did it and resell them, only to perhaps see the same figure again another time and buy it once more. I dread to think how many doubles sets of BayFormers '07 Legends I've had go through my hands. Yesterday I bought another Ironhide legends and I still can't fathom why.

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

had to get a second MP Grimlock after one of my friends knocked him off my desk and broke one of his T Rex arms

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    unicron, classics rodimus,

9. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

Rodimus seems pretty popular, as my friends always express his love of Rodimus' color

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, I have 2 BW Quickstrike, 2 BW Noctorro and 2 BW Terragator (yes, just Fuzors) for different reasons:
    my first quickstrike was missing his head, so I bought another one in great shape
    the second noctorro was a gift from a guy I bought many transformers
    Terragator is different, I bought one, but it had a broken tab and bad paint in the shell, so I bought another one

and btw another one I think I'll buy again... TM2 Megatron. I have one, but it's missing his "wheels" thingies in the middle of his legs and the missiles (and it has also some metalized parts chipping in the arm)

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    2 that fit the bill exactly.

Energon Rodimus and Prowl, I stupidly gave them to my nephew when I temporarily got out of the hobby and they with others got wrecked.

and the only other would be Uni.Galvatron, as i got the second with the challenge at Cybertron set. I ignore both.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Classics Rodimus- As my first one snapped and his gun peg as well.

ROTF Skids (3 times) The first two times it had the unpainted teeth. 3rd time's the charm.

Right now i'm trying to get another Cybertron Optimus Prime trailer with missiles and a Soundwave junker body.

13. DolphinMoo

DolphinMoo Well-Known Member

do repaints count?
    Takara EZ collector devastator
    Takara G1 colored devastator
    Walmart exclusive devastator
    TRU exclusive G1 colored devastator

man, I love those legend toys...

14. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

I've, so far, re-bought Cybertron Cryo Scourge, g1 Skids, ROTF Mixmaster (wanted both decos) and Animated Leader Ultra Magnus ( I found one on clearance and picked him up thinking I could use him for a trade, or worse comes to worse, I hold on to him for a few years and he might be worth a lot of money)

I WANT to re-buy Cybertron Dark Scorponok and Beast Machines Thrust...but I can only buy things MISB or MOSC. I won't do used...so it's difficult

Also, I bought ROTF Scalpel a total of three times, yet I have none, because every single one I bought was broken. the little ball joint sockets were cracked so he couldn't even hold up his legs, making him useless. I returned each an every one, of course, and deprived a K-mart of 3 Scalpels (by the third one I gave up) So there's still a Scalpel in that K-mart, probably broken like the rest.

Although I don't feel guilty. it's not like I deprived any kids or collectors out of 3 good toys, because each one I opened were all broken in the exact same way...musta been a factory defect. Nice quality control there, Hasbro

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lots of duplicate Classics Seekers, Several Energon Tow-Lines

16. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sorry to hear you regret but i'm glad you got her back and at the same price. you're such a cool dude and well known and down to earth, shit if you'd ask me to sell it back i'd probably would have!

17. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Not really bought but I got it twice as a present. FAB Barricade. I also own 3 Jazz figures but they're different versions so I don't know if that counts.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics Megatron.

When the Henkei version came out, I thought a silver version of the mold is what I wanted. I ended up selling my classics version. A couple of years down the road I realized I loved the purple and neon green, so I bought another one. Now I proudly display both of them.

19. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Uuhh a few. I picked up a lot of the energon bots in double when they were clearance out. (2 prowl's, 2 Rodimus, and 2 hot shots) Just so they could powerlink with themselves. I have doubles of g1 prime mold, but I don't know if it counts cuz one is g1 and the other is g2. That's about is. Unless you count repaints...then it goes up exponentially

20. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    RiD/CR:

Ultra Magnus x 3 ( 2 x sonoking version misb and 1 x the sam's club universe repaint misb)
    Optimus Prime x 2 (1 x loose sam's club universe repaint and 1 x misb sam's club universe repaint)