Transformers worst cartoon ever according to MSN!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Not sure I agree with him ... well, maybe about how bad captain planet was, but thats not really a hindsight thing; I couldn't stand it back then either.

3. christopher

christopher Well-Known Member

And at the end, it says 'Buy it on DVD'

4. Jetplague

Jetplague Michael Bay is evil!

Mr. Robert Isenberg can go blow it out of his ass. Obviously he's never loved them...so thats why he puts it on his list. Oh but when a movie comes out....he loves them and not the cartoon...what a load of crap. G1 hater!

And now back to our regular forum discussion.....

5. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Obviously they want attention.

6. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That article ticked me off!!! How can you put Captain Planet in the same realm as Transformers?

7. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER! HEART! GO PLANET! But seriously that is the worst list of bad cartoons ever assembled! Pokemon is old news! It was good when it first came out! I'll agree with that one! No damn plot! And its the same old shit every episode! Its stupid now!

How dare they say that the Transformers were one of the worst shows ever! This guy just wants some attention!

8. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

"Worst" according to MSN? wow, ain't that just like the pot calling the kettle black.

9. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    What an asshole.

10. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Sure he's not just talking about Season 2?

11. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Worst cartoon? FOr it's time it was the best. I still enjoy watching Season 1, lots of S2 and some eps of S3. Transformers had more heart and charm, interesting characters and action than anything out at that time. The only thing that toped it back then would have been Robotech, or equal to GI Joe. What do cartoon in the US really offer today any way? If not for the WB cartoons of Batman, Superman and JL...... there wouldn't even be any sign of improvement in how stories are handled here. In alot of ways cartoons have pretty much died off in the US. Gone are the days of the Saturday morning cartoons except for what? Fox Kids?.... Cartoons have pretty much recoiled onto channels that are dedicated to them. Most of them are total crap by the standards put forth in that artical.

There's not a single animation studio in the US. Even Disney has given up on making animated feature films. The best they offer now is direct to dvd crap sequals to established properties that have now buisness having more material added to them. Seems all we get these days are shitty flash animation shows, or low budget CGI.

If the animation trend had continued from the mid 80's perhaps we could have american shows more akin to what we see coming out of Japan. But no, it died off... and we get CN cartoons for 5 year olds.... or shows like nicks Sponge Bob. Not that they are all bad, just not um, what I want to see as a lover of animation.

The mid 80's held so much promise. Even though the plots and characters were thin. they were very likeable and fun to watch. Most of them had alot of heart put into them. Among them Transformers, but there was GI Joe, Mighty Orbots, SPiderman and his amazing friends, hulk, a single episode made for X-men from Sunbow that still looks amazing, Jem, Robotix, Dungeons and Dragons, Pole Possition, Visionaries, Inhumanoids, the littles (I think that was mid 80s).. import shows like Robotech.... and late 80's shows like the Real Ghost Busters and ALF.... all had superior animation to todays standards ( in the US atleast ). Warner Brothers really was the Swan Song of Animation in the US... with shows like Animaniacs, Batman the animated series and Justice League.

If that trend could have continued, maybe we'd have quality animation like Evangelion, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Blood the last vampire, Princess Mononoke, Gunbuster 2, Naruto being made(or rather produced) in the US.

It's such a shame that we even back in the 80's shipped the actual animation to over seas studios. With all the fans of anime there are coming up in the world today.... where the only thing they want to do when they grow up is make cartoons, be animators. Where can they go to full fill there dream? China?? We need to bring back animation to the US. We need studios here!

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    And, looking at this thread, his article is a success.

Journalists often go for the "against the crowd" type of writing, because it draws attention to them.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the?! TFs was one of the better cartoons in the 80s! Story writing right now has improved by leaps and bounds such as Justice League, Beast Wars.

14. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

Turbo Teen, Rubiks Cube, now those were the worst cartoons.

15. Swiftblade

Swiftblade Member

[​IMG]

16. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

17. Delta shocker

Delta shocker Banned

I'm agree completely on Capt. Planet. First off, it was a weird oxymoron "Save the enviroment! yet we cut down trees to make this show!" and second off, "Heart" always seemed like the FEZ of Capt planet.
    As for TF being the worst cartoon, the masterforce episodes had me glued on youtube. yay for subtitiles... but I haven't seen enough of the American G1 episodes...

18. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Like I said, the guy's an asshole. Bring back the good ole days.
    /O O\
    ____

19. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Bah. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

hey i like captain planet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.