Transformers "widgets" for Croc shoes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by madeguy20, Apr 5, 2009.

1. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:
    I was out buying my son a pair of crocs for the summer. Of course, buying Crocs means buying those foolish widget things (not sure of the official name) for the shoes. I was looking for something good for him, that wasn't Diego or Disney-related, and I found these!

They also had movie Megatron, Blackout and Barricade... they did not look good though. Here is the image.

[​IMG]

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I know zip about these shoes, so I have to ask - where would I find "widgets" like those and how much were they? Pretty cool! Thanks!

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    God damn I hate those Croc things. They are the ugliest garbage around right now. I want to punch anyone and everyone who wears them. Put some real shoes on, you lazy bastard.

4. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:
    I found them at an actual crocs store. They were 3 dollars each.

Oh, and they were for son. So i would suggest you not punch him. Thanks.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

For adults, I would agree. Just like the college kids around here wearing their damn pajamas when they're out shopping. Seriously?!?! I'm also not a fan of people who have their Bluetooth crammed in their ears when they're not using them.

Kids, however, look cute when they wear these things. I don't know why, but they just do!

Thanks for sharing the find!

6. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks! Yeah, my son is 2 and a half. He loves them. And i couldnt justify buying another Disney related anything so we went with Autobots and Decepticons.

7. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd so wear those, but I'd end up looking like Mario Batali...

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah! Goddamned people doing what they want and not affecting me in any way whatsoever! That makes me so MAD!!! :rolleyes: 

Cool find, dude. It's important that even your feet are able to show their allegiance, although I do worry that having opposing insignias will mean your son's feet will exist in a state of civil war.

9. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Wait, there are "Crocs" stores? Aw, man, maybe I don't want those then, especially if they're $3 each, I'd have to go into the store. *ugh* That's just crazy...Oh, well, thanks for the info.!

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I know it's petty, but they're fugly, and I really don't want to look at them. What kills me is that the only reason people buy those stupid things is because it's trendy.

Sheep.

11. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Does anyone find flip flops offensive. Just in case I plan on wearing them at any TFormers convention at all this year.

My wife likes her's because they are comfortable, and so does my daughter.

12. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh snap!

My son has a pair of those god awful shoes....LOL he is 2 as well. I haven't ever bought any of those widget things.

13. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:
    So basically, you don't like them, fine. We all get it. Now, according to your posts, and you seem like a very thoughtful, intelligent person, you are both going to A) punch my 2 and a half year old in the face and B) accuse me of buying them because I want to be "trendy"

Got it. I look forward to the brawl with my son, who, I am assuming like most individuals and even those with missing limbs, would kick your ass all over god's green earth.

14. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:
    Hahaha, it must be a 2 year old thing. He loves them, and I figure, get as much TF crap on him before he doesn't like it anymore. haha!

15. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:

No, you are a trendy jerk who is going to get punched in the face. Be careful!!!!!

16. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

ROFL - I'd back your son up. We'll tag team it up like on the WWF (back in the day). But ya, crocs on kids = ok. crocs on anyone over 10 = lame. I just don't like the way they look on adults. Just weird. No hate against anyone who wears them though, but, i really do think they're hideous. =P

17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My boy has a pair of Transformers animated Crocs in the shape of Optimus's and Bumblebee's head. His mother bought the Widgets things thinking they would fit into any pair of croc like shoes but they don't.

What they do make is a pimp pair of kiddie cuff links thou. Transformers Church wear FTW!!!