Transformers we've dismissed....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by salmonman78, Feb 20, 2008.

1. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

What transformers have you dismissed out of your collection or gotten rid of you regret now? I feel it would be my G1 Powermaster Prime and Trypticon, hindsight tells me I should of kept them but, well, I was way young and stupid...oh well lol

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Hindsight 20/20, I kinda regret misplacing my BW Razorbeast. Other than that, I don't really mind losing anything.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Skullcruncher and Trypticon - two big ones there. I've given up and sold other decent TFs before, but generally I accept the error because it really wasn't as bad as I may have felt at one point, or I already obtained a replacement. :) 

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I regretted selling my MP-04 MISB about two minutes after I did it. I figured since I already had MP-01 and managed to find the official MP-04 trailer from someone in Asia that I didn't need the set. I've since re-ordered it from TFSource this past week.

I'm also starting to regret selling my MISB reissue Predacons giftset a couple of months ago. I didn't think the neon orange & yellow scheme would look good with the rest of my collection, but now that Omega Supreme is getting reissued, I want Predaking to be the Con that Omega is displayed with. Hopefully there will be an Encore reissue, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I regret losing my G1 Optimus Prime (WITH TRAILER) when I was a kid, but meh, what can you do.

6. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

when I was about 15 I gave all my g1 toys away to the younger kids in my area..... was nice gesture at the time I suppose but how stupid do I feel now :( 

Oh and it included an almost complete set of UK comics too <kicks self yet again>

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Cybertron Optimus and Megatron.

G1 Springer when I was REALLY young.

I had a ton of G1s stolen when I was about 9 or 10... that SUCKED. Including a complete Ultra Magnus, the shell of Vroom (which I had JUST found, too!), most of the technobots, two Menasor limbs and a bunch of others. My poor mom and dad had to deal with me crying on an hour long ride home.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I bought a collection circa '97-98 and sold off what I didn't want to keep for my own collection. Among those I sold..a 100% complete Monstructor. Yyyeah..kinda regrettin' that one.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I was younger I traded my TM Cyclonus for a friends G1 Optimus. I still have and like Optimus but when I see a pic of Cyclonus I realise how much I miss mine.

10. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    I had all 5 parts of Defensor, and I sold him at a yard sale for, like 2 bucks when I was 11. Now I miss em :( 
    I even picked up the knock offs (a year or so ago) but they fell apart within a week. :( 

11. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    :cry  I did the same thing with my G1 toys at about your age, I have looked back many times and wished I hadn't. (Especially when repurchasing them all these years later on eBay.)

However like you said, it was a nice gesture at the time, who knows maybe those kids are collectors now....

12. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    my binaltech laserwave
    i think im very stupide to sell it
    i regret a lot (and he's very expensive now)
    but is done.....

13. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Classics... :(  especially Bumblebee, Starscream and Ultra Mags

14. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I had a complete g1 soundwave up to age 12...then I discovered how to make my own firecrackers/quarter sticks of dynamite etc. half my joes and formers met their demise with my eagerness to make them explode for real. *sigh* now that I think about it...that’s how my original grimlock went out too...goodness talk about repressed memories!

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gave away G1 monsterbot Doublecross years and years back. wish I hadn't.

16. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Everything before I turned 20...

17. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I didn't really dismiss him, but before I started collecting my wife (gf at the time) bought me a tiger Transformer and I lost him. This was during the BW era, and I've never been able to find another one. He wasn't the white Tigerton that I see around, he was the normal orange tiger color. Any Ideas on who/what he was... no he was not a KO, I opened him off of the card myself.

18. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh, when I sold my Fort Max when I was a kid, must have been less than a year after I had gotten him. And then over the years every other G1 toy I had disappeared as well.

I'll get them back eventually.

19. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I miss my Fort Max the most. After that, the cassettes I had (all of them except for the jap dinos). Needed money at the time though, so couldn't help it.

20. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Mom got me a G1 Galvatron for my birthday, don't remember which one, but she wasn't sure I wanted it, so she let me open it the day before my birhtday, just the two of us in her room, to see if I wanted to keep it or return it. Well, I wasn't impressed with him enough to keep him, and she took it back and now I don't even remember what I ended up getting, but I sure remember what I gave up...:banghead: