Video: Transformers War Within Animated Music Video/ Ad

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Black Bumblebee, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Black Bumblebee

Black Bumblebee Active Member

Hello everyone!

Some of you guys may remember my War Within cartoon project. Well... it's "almost" done. Finished the animation, and got all the voice actors to finish their lines two months back. Just waiting on my friend to finish the sound f/x and b/g music.

But, as I'm one of those guys who can't wait to share things, I thought I'd put together a little advertisement / music video for the project to keep the interest alive. As there's also some "other" show using the Animated tag line currently, it doesn't hurt to post something around this time either ;-)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qcrQSrFAs

2. optimusprimus

optimusprimus Mastermind of Gundams

That is sweet. :D 

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet man, it's great to meet you. And you are doing and insanely great job on that. I have it saved on my computer (well in its current state) and I watch it from time to time. Awesome work!

4. Black Bumblebee

Thanks! Youtube quality is a bit poor, but we'll soon have a completed episode for you to download that'll be much more viewable :) 

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Awesome!

6. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    dude black bumblebee i can not wait till this is finished i have always wanted a animated war within

7. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

This is awesome news.I was going to volunteer for voice work a while back.Anyways,can't wait man.I've been pissin' myself every since I saw it.Keep us all posted!

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was a little sceptical when i heard about this as still images are not easy to animate properly but it looks good.

looks better than the official dr who animated eps anyway.

9. Black Bumblebee

It was actually the Dr. Who cartoons that gave me the idea. Before I even started playing around with photoshop, I watched one of those and thought it would be interesting to do something like that with Transformers.

My plan was to lean heavily on the sound area and less on the animation part as in those Dr. Who cartoons (sort of like a radio drama with visuals), but as I started learning what I "could" do with photoshop, it got more and more complex.

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    cool!!

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    first of all - excellent music addition. very good selection for a trailer, it was inspiring, exciting, made me care about what was happening.

Having already seen most of it in action, i was not surprised. But still, your skill with turning a comic into a motion picture so to speak is incredible. i can't wait to watch the whole thing. TRULY awesome.

However -

The titles? yknow the "in a world where one man..." things.
    I think you could do much better. My advice if you'll have it, please - take off the italics, caps-lock the whole thing, and make them centered. It will look much more professional. I wouldn't even change the phrases you used, they're PERFECT. but their presentation is much more pedestrian than the rest of your project.

THat's really my only complaint - i can't WAIT to have the complete project sitting on my hard drive so i can watch it whenever i want!!!

oh and... can i be in the next installment? :) 

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Very nice. The voiceactors hurt my ears, though. :( 

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Neat liked it alot

14. Black Bumblebee

Yeah, the titles were a last minute thingie... I was just playing around with the program, etc.--I even had a typo in it that I didn't see till the last minute (destinies is spelled wrong). The whole ad itself was done in a few hours piecing together bits of animation from the real project.

I'm sorry you don't like the sound of the voice actors--I think they're good quality tallent, but as the sound dept. isn't my forte, I'm using someone else to mix the sound itself in for the final product.

And Maximo, if you want to audition, I should have some auditions up and ready to go sometime in January over at tfcog.net for issue 2.

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I imagined that was the case. everything else was so well done. Excellent, I look forward to seeing them. What would you like, a simple voice recording, or would you like a spot of me filling in lines on a pre-done cartoon?

16. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    WOW.....

This is incredible...I know you said you used photoshop...what other software did you use....?

Could you possibly make a tutorial on this.....I love it....and agree the music fits so well...

:popcorn :p :drool: :thumb :thumb :jawdropper: 

17. Black Bumblebee

Simian what I do is start with a scan of the comic (don't worry, I own both the original versions and the trade paperback) and then copy the "pieces" that I want to move. Then, I go back and try to digitally create what I think would be there: the photoshop "clone" tool works great for this. Here's an example based on a scene from issue 2 that I'm currently working on:

[​IMG]

In this one, in order to make it look like Megatron is raising a severed head in front of a cheering crowd, I first had to copy the head piece, and then go back and "draw" over it. I'll also need to create a lot more 'bots as right now the stadium is looking rather empty:

[​IMG]

Once I get all the robots in place, then I'll have to cut out arms on individual bots (but not ALL of them... oi... that would take time...) to make them look like they're waving their arms and stuff.

After I do all THAT, then I animate. Photoshop has an animation slide thingie, so I can put a piece on one slide, and then move the piece for the next slide, and move again for the next slide, etc., so that it looks like it is moving when viewed one after another.

With all the individual slides/ jpeg images done, I then move it over to a program called Sony Vegas (like Windows Movie Maker, but easier for me to understand) and have it turn the slide show into a video file. Here, lots of bits get cropped out to fit the scene, scrolling & zooming happens, etc.

That's the basic idea in a nut shell, though it gets more complex with lip synchs and stuff. Hope that made sense.

As far as other software used, I did use Crazy Talk in a few places for lip synchs (though not often) as well as Fanto Morph (for the Optimus morph scene).

As far as voices, like I said, I won't be taking any until sometime in mid January (a bit busy with work stuff), but if you want to get a jump, the characters that will be added in issue 2 for voices are Soundwave, Shockwave, Ratchett, Red Alert, Scrapper, Long Haul, Powerglide, Kickback, and Shrapnel. All of them are pretty minor parts though only having 2-5 lines.

18. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Thank you sir...very much appreciated