Transformers War for cybetron- its better than the movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Apr 17, 2010.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The title is pretty much self explanatory. Everything I read, Everthing I watch, and Everything I see is all using the new Transformers game as a tool to bash the movies even more than they should be doing. I admit the new game will probably redeem the Transformers Gaming franshise but that doesnt mean I want haters going around parading this act of unessessary grievance. If you like the game and hate the movies fine! But PLEASE! dont use the game to attack the movies.

Anyone else agree?

2. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I would like to think so, but already people are shooting down the game because it looks childish.

I disagree with that, but it's how it is so the game may suffer as a result. Hopefully the reviews will be positive...

3. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all we know, the game may not necessarily live up to the hype.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

If it wasn't for the movies, we wouldn't BE getting WfC.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

^this^

6. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Please explain.

7. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Several reasons. One, the whole reason why Activision has the Transformers license in the first place is because they were the ones who made the movie games. Two, for a Transformers video game to even be profitable, there would have to be a considerable interest for the franchise amongst the general public, not just the core fandom. That general interest simply didn't exist before the movies. This is especially true of G1, the basis of WfC which as far as the general public was concerned pre-movie, was a niche of the eighties. The Armada video game could be made because that was the current franchise at the time that game was made, but even that was a cult hit at best.

This is the first time since the eighties where Transformers has ever been in a position where it can truly make an impact with the general public and that's all thanks to the movies.

8. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I hadn't thought too much on it but you may be on to something.

So far, the game looks wayyyyyyyy better than both movies.

We'll see how it plays out when it's finally released but here's hoping it'll wash the taste of the movies outta my mouth.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Most impressive, and accurate, explanation.

I'm hesitant to declare WFC better than teh movies simply because it can still end up terrible. Certainly from a charatcer-design standpoint I prefer the more intricate and streamlined movie desigsn to some of the more ''inflated"-looking game guys.

10. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Even if it's mediocre overall, WFC will still be better than the movies design-wise and I'm sure in terms of the story as well.

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. The first movie I liked. ROTF was junk. Only good to come out of it was the game.

12. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Yeah it does make a lot of sense that the movies are what may make this game. I know people now who are more interested in other things Transformers because of the movies. Even for me, the movies revived my liking for Transformers

13. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    See this is what Im talking about. I can respect this guys opinion but
    The game has not even come out yet and people keep praising it (because its awsome but) ONLY to get the taste of the movies out of their mouths. I mean it seems the only reason the WFC game is being created was to make up for ROTF. Desnt that seem kinda...well desperate.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I totally agree with this.

Right now, as much as most people are looking forward to this game, me included, it might still suck. Marketing hype does not equal good game, even if it does look good right now..we haven't even seen that much gameplay.

Comparing it to another part of the franchise and deeming it better out of spite is only going to result into flamewars. We really don't need that, and especially not until we've actually PLAYED the game and seen for ourselves if it is good.

All I can say right now is: it looks like this game is going to offer things some people were looking for in Bayformers but couldn't find (characterization, different designs, different plot) , so I'm happy for that.

Fans need to stop pushing other fans away just because they like or dislike a part of Transformers. In the end we're all fan of the same thing.

ECR Former's post is win, by the way. :) 

15. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    *applause*

16. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    Since I HATE the live-action movies with passion even if this ends up being the worst game in the history of gaming I will still like more than the movies...

Don't know about the rest of the world, don't care...

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, that's not even close to what it is at all.

WFC is the kickoff to a new continuity. One that will (Hasbro predicts) go on past the movies, without rebooting the continuity every year such as the pattern has been of late.

A game won't ever reach the public as the Transformers movies have, since it's a game, and therefor an extremely limited demographic, especially compared to that of movies, or even TV shows.

Plus, WFC was likely being developed well before ROTF hit theatres, or at the very least in the planning stages.

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Don´t know, don´t care. I´m gonna probably buy it either way.

19. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. Without the movie's broad appeal this game and the generations line and other great stuff would likely not be happening.

So even though I prefer more classic TF styling, the movies have been a godsend to the franchise.

20. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Really? I haven't seen any of that. I'll look out for it now. I think the game looks wonderful and as we get closer to the release, I'm getting more hyped. I love how it writes a new and more definitive history to the preEarth Transformers lore.