Transformers: War for Cybertron trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    YouTube - The New TFWFC Game Trailer

The new game trailer narrated by Cullen gave me an excuse to do another Optimus Prime voice video. :) 

I didn't do Megatron's voice... cuz,... well, I didn't like it very much.

2. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very impressive mate!

3. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

pretty good!

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

hahaha pretty sweet dude. i had to listen carefully to make sure it actually wasn't cullen's voice.

that said, i'd say your prime is a little huskier, as if he had just kicked the hangover from a long night of drinking energon and playing in the snow. i like it.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Haha.....
    And Megatron's voice is Grindor's voice.... =-(
    I don't blame you why you didn't do it.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    holy cow!!! dude, you're fantastic!!!

7. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I voice-matched it with the game trailer this time... I don't normally do that. I like the chunkier, grittier voice.

thanks, man! it's one of my most requested voices. :) 

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, you are AWESOME! I'm heading over to your Youtube page to see what other voice you can do. Have you auditioned for anything? If not, you should. Do you do voiceovers of deceased actors.

9. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I do 5-40 auditions a day... but not for Transformers' stuff. One thing I found out about going pro was that you have MUCH less time to do the "fun" stuff. I've done over 50 different kinds of voiceover jobs since I started last March including internet/radio/tv commercials, videogame/movie trailers, DJ drops, podcast intros, voiced a toy, and even an animated comic and documentary. Best career ever.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I agree your Prime voice here is a little huskier and grittier than Cullen's in the actual trailer. Very cool as always to listen to you!

I certainly hope you can make it successfully into the VA industry. You do have a real talent!

11. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    i'm definitely off to a decent start! thanks, man!

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I always dig your grittier voice. And you did a great job on what Peter Cullen narrated on the WFC trailer. So thats all I got to say.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you have gone pro. Awesome! I hope you find great success, if you haven't found it yet. I hope you get to voice a Transformer or to officially in the future. Your Optimus Prime is really, really good. Has Peter Cullen heard your Optimus yet?

14. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Well, thank you very much and that's all I got to say. :p 

I've had fairly good success so far! I haven't been doing it professionally for not quite a year yet (it will be one year this March) and I've already done over 50 different VO projects. I have my favorites. The "Spectrobes: Origins" for the Wii videogame trailer was definitely one of my all-time favorites. The "Texas Steakhouse" campaign is not only well-paying but funny and very cool (and on-going!). The Star Wars/Clone Wars toy campaign has got to be my favorite so far. Not only was the story behind getting the original audition a great one, but the fact that it is so much fun to do, the clients are all big SW fans like me and gives me the chance to do lots of SW character voices for them, it is the best-paying campaign I have had to date, and IT'S FREAKIN' STAR WARS!!! Not only THAT, it ALSO led to my voicing a super-secret toy for the Hasbro guys that's coming this fall! It's going to be so cool to hear my voice coming from a toy... I can't even describe the feeling. How many people can play with themselves in public and not get in trouble for it? Lol! :D 

The BEST part was that the toy developer I worked with used to work on TFA, and it gave me the chance to tell her my TF history and do Bumblebee, Prowl, Bulkhead, Starscream, Ratchet... and of course, G1 Optimus Prime for her. She was indeed impressed and I found out that she had actually directed Peter Cullen in a session (I can only assume it was for the Prime Helmet, the PowerBot, or one of the Leader Class figures during one of the movie) and she said it was the best "Cullen" she'd ever heard next to the real thing - best compliment I've ever had. She was SO impressed that she took my contact information to the TF dept of Hasbro! She promised me that I would be requested to audition for all future TF stuff, so THAT made me VERY happy... and that's as close to Peter Cullen hearing me do Prime as I've gotten. But, hey, I'm going to BotCon this year, so maybe there's still a chance I will get to meet my VA hero face-to-face after all. :) 

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you lucky dog ^.o

Best of luck with your career ^^

16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Your voice is really good. At some places I would have stressed it a bit different, but anyways you really do a good Prime!

Maybe you should send demo material to Hasbro, so when there will be a new series, you may have your turn :) 

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Wow! Very good job. It is all stressed differently, so I could tell it was not the exact same voice. Good job, and I hope you do well in the voice acting business.

18. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    i'm afraid i've missed my chance already. auditions are not only closed, you had to be a union member and a local talent to the LA area and I'm neither. i thought about trying to crash the auditions and contact the casting director directly but it just didn't pan out. thanks for the compliment though.

yeah, it's not an "exact match" but thanks. i'm doing pretty well in the VO dept.

19. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Saw this when you put it up, your Cullen voice is amazing! And you do a "G1" Cullen, and a "Movie" Cullen, both great!

If you haven't already, subscribe to his youtube channel, and check out his other stuff. like, NOW.

the 100 voices on a plane vid is awesome, hell, they all are, I really like your Robert Stack impression, too. TF: Unsolved Mysteries is one of my faves :D  Any plans for a sequel?

20. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    there are several planned for the future. part 4 of the latest 4-parter will hit the 'tube when part three hits 5,000 views (or very close to that time). after that one, i will be putting together another 3-parter. TF: UM number 3 will comprise ofpart 1 - "The Cybertron Landing" (starring Shockwave and some others), part 2 - "The Disappearance of Barricade" (starring Barricade) and part 3 will remain a secret for now.

:)