Transformers: War For Cybertron Special Abilities

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs Prime & Screamrrs are already listed from gameinformer.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I know, but:

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Oops my bad!

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's cool. Care to share?

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Hmm let's see

Mirage if he made the game could have a cloaking ability. Hmm this is tough lol. Let me try again later lol.

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Just got the image in my head of Thundercracker in Cybertronian jet mode flying through the level then engaging his 'sonic boom' where he would accelerate in flight momentarily, scenery blurring, a shockwave of sound blasting everything in his path. Tightness.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Warpath:
    Half charged special, Feeling the HEAT: is grab special that can be activated at the end of a melee combo. Warpath grabs both arms of his opponent, preventing them from escaping and proceeds to pummel them with his large-caliber chest mounted weapon, all the while shouting, “boom,” “pow,” ka-blooie!” At the end of three powerful hits, Warpath’s foe rocketed away.

Fully charged special, scattered fire: Warpath fires a volley of shots (limited to 45-degree angle from chest) over the battlefield indiscriminately, while spouting memorable explosive onomatopoeia quotes.

8. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Here are the flat out invincible ones but there are quite a few completely imbalanced suggestions as well.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see what you mean about the ones you pointed out, but nothing a little re-wording can't fix.

Making a balanced game, I figure, is pretty darn difficult--popular fighters can't even get it right. Setting reasonable limits (damage-wise/time) might help a bit. Limiting the special ability meter's growth to damage taken would also prevent users from abusing god-like powers. That said, all of the cool moves/powers/abilities shouldn't be limited to just special abilities (e.g. Megatron's Fusion Cannon, Optimus Prime's gun/axe, Starscream's Null-ray, etc).

Rather than High Moon re-inventing abilities of the Transformers, I hope they incorporate abilities some characters are known to have. I don’t like the idea of Megatron having the ability to drain life from his foes (sounds pretty broken to me), as it makes him sound like a vampire of sorts; the ability doesn’t fit the character.

10. rodimus62609

rodimus62609 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hound (If he's in) Can temporarily create clones of himself to help him fight

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    That there is the definition of "Overpowered".

12. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron
    Can absorb health and power from nearby drones, Autobots or Decepticons

Prime
    Energy can be strained throughout his body into his fists and axe, giving him super punches and slices.

Ratchet
    He can absorb the damage from other Autobots, and in doing so heals them

Bumblebee
    Can fire electrical blasts that paralyze his enemies

Starscream
    Disable's enemy's special skills when he flies over them

Soundwave
    Can cause a huge sonic boom that would be useful if opponent autobots surround him

Trypticon
    Can add more speed to himself, causing him to be more agile

Omega Supreme
    Can double in size, causing massive damage

Skywarp
    Can slow everything down, causing him to be the only one that's moving normally.

Thundercracker
    Can create a large thunderclap when he drops from the skies

Mirage
    Can cloak himself, camouflaging himself into the background and attacking enemies without them knowing (Similar to the predators)

Shockwave
    Can heal himself, and at the same time he heals all Decepticon troops

Brawl/ Onslaught ???
    Can become a living battle station with guns popping out from every part of his body.

13. davieanix

davieanix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Hound ability would be tremendous if the clone couldn't attack and instead was just used as a distraction. I understand that would be more useful in multiplayer, but imagine chasing after Hound, firing away at him, getting in a point blank shot and having the blast go right through him, only for the real Hound to get a head shot in on you.

Even I would applaud the other player!

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would he create clones? Where does this ability come from?

Why?

Why?

Does he than take on damage, killing himself?

Is this a nod to TFA Bumblebee stingers? Why give them to this Bumblebee, not that that’s a problem or anything.

Why?

Sounds interesting. Would this only push Autobots away or Decepticons too? Selective sound wave attacks sounds pretty cheap.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if this is already in the game. Boss characters have a way with making a gamer’s time a living hell.

Why? He’s already big enough, bigger than those fighting him. A bigger Omega Supreme means a bigger target, and possibly less work for the gamer if there are place to duck for cover.

Why?

Is this a normal attack or special ability?

Like the Predators, will he be partial visible while attacking? Total invisibility would be a huge advantage for those playing Mirage? Especially if there is no way to make him visible while cloaked.

Why?

The picture we saw of the Transformer with dual turrets on his back has been confirmed to Brawl.

Why would he become a battle station with guns popping out from every part of his body?

Please don’t feel as though I’m picking on you, I just want to understand why you’re giving many of these characters the ability you’ve given them. Soundwave and Thundercracker’s abilities I can guess, but many others have me lost in wonder?

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s how I imagined it when I made this one up a few days back:

16. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    See, THAT would be better. Now if they had the ability to attack you, that's when it would be unfair. Imagine going up against a whole Hounds and their clones. Talk about rage quit?

Then again we don't even know if Hound will even show UP in the game, but I like the speculations.

17. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would he create clones? Where does this ability come from?
    He can create holograms in G1

Why?
    Just to prove that Megatron is cruel and selfish, and that he can sap other's health for his own use

Why?
    Cuz he's PRIME :p 

Nope. Was just thinking that it gave him the ability to heal himself. Like Jesus :p 

Cuz yeah, it'll suit Bumblebee's personality and his name

In the movie starscream can disable human communications by causing an EMP burst when flying over them. This would be just a cool idea.

just so he can cause a massive SOUNDWAVE that would send everyone flying. Also it would befit his name

But not if he can crush everyone. It's just a suggestion that he might be smaller than what we saw in the trailer, and then grow larger to get all powerful

Cuz he's skyWARP. If he can speed himself up, then why don't the makers just make everything AROUND him slower?

Special ability. Like some huge smack. Or THUNDER for thundercracker.

Yeah. Like to the player he's partially invisible, but from the other end, or multiplayer, you won't be able to see him.

Cuz to me the Decepticons need a medic :p 

Just cuz it'll be cool to fight a living battle station with missiles flying out from every angle, overpowering your every move.

Yeeeaaaaahhh. That would be overpower.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holograms are clones?

So you are in favor of making up an ability? Not saying that that’s bad, I did it myself, as many Transformers didn’t really have one, but the ability you’ve chosen doesn’t feel like Megatron.

Again, I must ask: why? What I hated most about the movie games is how they overlooked abilities the characters already had and gave them new ones that made little or no sense whatsoever. Prime didn’t even have the use of his pop-out blade or scythe-like weapons from the movies.

sarcasm?:confused: 

Okay.

So you are in favor of mixing the movie world with the classic do-over? Pssst, take cover!

Okay, so not just Autobots, but Decepticons too?

I wonder if we’ll even see mass shifting in this version. Everything shown so far, seems to be well balanced. If that’s the case, this might be a bit out of place.

Warping doesn’t make one move faster does it? I thought it was all about putting something where it wasn’t.

Well, I think he originally had a sonic boom (not Street Fighter) attack.

Total invisibility won’t be fun to fight, as you’ll never see him. But if he were to be distorted, like the Predator or partial visible each time he fires around or when hit by an odd angle of light, giving the opposition some sort of chancing of fighting him, he would be the worst guy to go up against as you’ll never be able to find him.

Re-creating the character?

I horrible at reading sarcasm (if this is that), but that aside, I’m against giving a character something he/she doesn’t have. If you only have three guns, you should only have access to those three guns, and not the 15 other invisible ones.

Though, I must say, it is hard giving a character an ability you haven’t even seen. Some of the ideas I came up with were based on classic/IDW designs and they probably wouldn’t work with WFC designs…

19. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Ofcourse he used his blades. What do you think he preformed his melee attacks with?

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did he really? I thought they were just his fists (f^_^; ) Oh, well. The attack happened so quickly and in a limited form that I didn't even notice them.