Transformers:war for cybertron DLC #2

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sunstorm202, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Sunstorm202

Sunstorm202 TF2er

We all know DLC #2 is going on PSN September 7th or next Tuesday so leave a comment guessing who's in the DLC and check PSN add-ons , disc-based , m-z on Tuesday and find out who is in.I guess Cliffjumper and Kup

2. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    zeta, dead end and id guess cliffjumper too as its essentially just a bumblebee re colour

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    No CJ, god I hope not, we need new chassis. Like I keep saying Motormaster would be a great new addition, maybe another Soldier for the Autobots, but then the 'Cons would still need another Scout and Leader (apart from Dead End and Motormaster) to have each side equal...not considering Zeta Prime, of course. -_- 'Cons need love too.

4. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I hope we get a scientist.....

5. InTransit

InTransit Member

High Moon hasn't released what new characters they're adding anywhere?

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot Rod, Magnus, Zeta, and Grimlock
    Motormaster, Deadend, Dragstrip

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

wish we had pics.

8. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    It's probably just going to be Zeta and Dead End. I wouldn't mind some surprise characters, though. I'd love to see Motormaster.

9. InTransit

InTransit Member

For seriously

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zeta Prime, I BEG YOU!!!!

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would they add Cliffjumper? If he’s anything like Bumblebee’s Instruction sheet makes him look, he is a straight up recolor with a new head—we can pretty much do that already with the scheme put in place in multi-player. I don’t want to pay for that! Multiplayer play gave us Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp in one model; the only difference with these seekers is their color. Ironhide and Ratchet at least have some noticeable design differences in robot mode. Come to think of it, whoever it is won’t really matter unless you’re playing Escalation mode or if the character is completely new like Onslaught or Scattershot.

The one character I’m looking for most is Deadend. His character design is by far the best car designs in the game. His robot mode is bad either and I love his color scheme, but sadly, these colors won’t be seen in multiplayer mode, as we have a limited (ugly) color palette to work with:( 

Zeta’s a truck, assuming his designs in the Autobot leader section of game extras is unchanged, which means we’ll get another leader class—yeah:/ Many probably won’t agree—you don’t have to—but I think it was pretty stupid of High Moon Studios to limit classes to chassis. Sure abilities are different in story/escalation mode from multiplayer mode; however, setting classes to chassis has put our options of characters more towards one fixed class per side. Free roam on chassis would have made the experience more fun, IMHO. Air Raid had whirlwind in the game, so what does it matter if seekers had it in multiplayer?

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Class based multiplayer is a very good thing to mimic. Some of the most popular online games use it (Team Fortress 2). And part of the reason it's so good is that every class is easily distinguishable from each other just by silhouette. That's why chassis are restricted to class.

I don't completely love it but I can understand it. I can also accept that perhaps an open chassis/ability system would be to difficult to balance. For example you wouldn't know if that scientist would warcry or whirlwind or even cloak. I would be very willing to try said system out but if it hurts the game then make classes.

Anywho, for my thoughts on the new DLC, even though I was greatly looking forward to it I'm keeping my expectations low. So I am assuming we're getting 2 characters and 1 map until told otherwise. Zeta Prime and Dead End. The map will likely be a part of a single player level or escalation map retooled for multiplayer.

I HOPE we get another 5 characters and 4 maps, but until I see otherwise I'll low ball it.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It didn’t matter in the campaigns so why should it now?

Do you currently know if a scout has cloak or decoy? How about dash or mark target? We can mix and match current abilities now. We cannot tell if our opponent has made his/her character a defensive soldier or an offensive one until we see them in action. We’re all playing the guessing game while we play right now with the game’s current set up. Moreover, we are playing against the same folks for from start to finish (in most cases), and I’m sure you can remember the abilities of those who’ve beat you—I know I do.

Free roam with chassis, yes. Free roam with abilities, no. A Warcrying cloaker or a Cloaking Whirlwind attacker would be vicious. These potentially over-powered problems can be easily remedied by setting limitations. Classifying abilities with ranks is one way to do this. Imagine having an ability meter, which has a cap of 5 points that you could play around with mixing and matching abilities to your liking. Giving powerful or very advantageous abilities a higher rank, say 3 points, already ensures that no one can make a Transformer god. This particular system would also allow people to have three or possibly four abilities at one time, assuming they were ranked low enough. Personally, I feel abilities that help your offensive game should be ranked high, while those that defensive low. I would rank shield as a one, as it doesn’t just benefit the player/team who generated; it works both ways.

14. DJCHARTERS

News Credits:
    I meant mainly for excalation. new head and different abilities and i could see them doing it. its an easy option and they seem to like that really. i really hope they dont cop out and just give us the 2 characters on the disc already. if they want people to support the game they are going to have to show people they care about their customers and give us something above and beyond really. I love the game and play it most days and love the prospects of more characters but there are some many flaws that need ironing out that its feels half arsed. probably just wishful thinking like.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i know what would be the most fanwank thing ever! actually FIX THE SERVER PROBLEMS

good GAWD everyone and their grandma has surpassed me in level practically, i was completely unable to participate in the last double experience and QUADRUPLE EXPERIENCE because i could not get into A SINGLE GAME!!!!! i am not kidding, it would not let me in anything......i love this game but i bought it to play, i feel like i got cheated out of money, i payed for a $60 experience and i have yet to get that

16. DJCHARTERS

News Credits:
    I wont even consider playing in a public game of escalation anymore. i ALWAYS host my own game that way i know when i get to wave 20+ i wont loose my points when the host quits. i find if you host your own game the connection problems are no more

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that works for escalation, which i'm gonna do more of, didn't think of that, but for regular multiplayer, if you get host you are lucky, and even then usually i can't find the right amount of players

18. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah probably some more maps and disk based DLC with Zeta and Deadend. It's a shame those weren't unlocked already.

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Autobots: Zeta Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Hot Shot

Decepticons: Dead End and Motormaster

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id rather we have more colors for customization, like the coloors are not limited to a side...and more health for the scientist class.