Transformers Vs. The Visionaries #1 PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

OK, just as a point of correction, pretty sure it's the case that we have the words "Centrist" and "liberal" being tossed around for all the positions you describe here. The pejorative implication of being a Centrist or liberal is that you're basically what used to be called a soft conservative, someone who gets edgy around anything vaguely new or progressive and likes the status quo. The term "alt-right" is reserved for people who see themselves as engaged in a culture war with the left, who feel they've got to take down the bad old '***s'. People get branded alt-right if they're suspected of deliberately targeting left-wing or minority writers with as much bad publicity as they can muster. There's certainly plenty of that going on, but I don't know what the actual numbers are.

2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    there is the problem....suspected..often with no more evidence than "wow that amy schumer special on netflix was shit"

that is the problem. that is what i'm saying here...alt right is more than a culture war. and people that do engage in culture war aren't necessarily alt right...but they're labeled as such veeeeery falsely on the flimsiest of reasons. case in point: sitterson and vassagio. they people that are outspoken against them aren't always alt right...as i said it's a few sure..there always are. but it's not the majority yet they're being labeled as such

hell i'm sure plenty of you are calling me alt right as you're reading this

• Like Like x 4
  3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Amy Schumer is definitely not funny. That needs to be said.

• Like Like x 9
  4. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IDW Publishing
    Fico Ossio on Twitter

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

[​IMG]

IDW, u so crazy.

Or delusional.

Or desperate.

Never change.

Honestly, the longer it all goes and the more they need to reset the continuity the more hilarious IDW pwning themselves with their own Hasbroverse is.

6. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

I can't make myself get this.

I really wanted to see what we would see with Unicron in this. But I can't read the wizard stuff. I've no interest. I've enough stuff that I'm invested in including idw vstraight up tf titles. As I said before this was a back up strip in marvel UK back in the day for a while but I can't get behind this.

I hope its great for those who want to read it I really do.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'll be reading it, if only to point out how many stupid and unnecessary changes IDW makes to the Visionaries.

Then I'll watch the cartoon again to cleanse the IDW shit off me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Part of me wants to try it just because the writer and the artist aren't really guilty of bad publishing decisions. They're just hired and doing their job.

But then another part of me reminds that purchasing the book would be rewarding the bad publishing decisions, so...

9. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

That's kinda my reason I'm not buying it either.

I don't want to reward them lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty okay with a 2018 comic book being radically different than the 80s cartoon it is based on (which I never watched).

I'm also pretty okay with mashing everything together in space.

Earth is a pretty dumb place, though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EXCLUSIVE: Transformers Vs. The Visionaries #1 by Magdalene Visaggio & Fico Ossio

Does this have more pages? Think some of these pages have been seen without dialogue (and maybe colours) but I think I might enjoy the textless version more.

In an attempt to be positive, Dreadlocks is my favourite because he's skipped the usual scrap (what are the rules on lost 's' again?) that everyone seems to be obligated to. Maybe if the Transformers were responsible for Old Home being destroyed or The Vs knew their reputation (Space Knights say hi) I'd feel better but I'm sick of ignorance and misunderstandings. I've already read the first 3 issues so why shouldn't I just skip to 5 to get the important plot stuff?

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

IDW could go MCU style with this modern redesign.

Instead they were trying to be "smart" or "innovative" and went WB silly atempts at DC with it.

Too bad it's hardly anywhere the Wonder Woman levels.

All of this will be even more of a nameslap than the Bayverse was.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Visionaries was one of my favourite backup strips in the original UK TF comics, so I am looking forward to giving this a chance. I don’t like many of the other crossovers *generally* but as I did with them I’ll go into this with an open mind and see what happens. It could be a new fave strip, who knows?

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It could be. But its just not Visionaries. These aren't the Knights of the Magical Light that caused you to be a fan in the first place. The characters here have as much in common with the old 80s cartoon and comic as the likes of TLK Hot Rod has with 80s Hot Rod. Or RotF Skids has with 80s Skids. And if bringing Visionaries back to capitalise on the nostalgia Transformers fans have who also used to be fans of Visionaries and it captures nothing that people have nostalgia about towards the Visionaries, I just don't see a point in bringing them back. This is Visionaries for people who don't know or don't care about 80s Visionaries.

• Like Like x 4
  15. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh well, you never know, it might be good anyway. If it’s not I’ll stop reading it.

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I urge you to go watch the first episode or at least these clips.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    there's something extremely funny about Ironhide saying "this is incredibly unnecessary and we don't have time for this" on the first page of this comic that nobody asked for

• Like Like x 5
  18. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

While IDW’s larger scale crossovers haven’t always been the best, their smaller ones have been a lot of fun. As this one here seems more on the small scale, I’m hoping it’ll be less like Revolution and First Strike, and more like ROM vs. Transformers and Revolutionaries.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very interesting; I do feel like I’ve missed something between the end of First Strike and the start of this though. The ending of First Strike seemed to imply they didn’t have a clue what was going on in the blocked off core.

We don’t see too many people in the IDW verse (last group I can recall is the Space Knights back in Shining Armor) just dismissing Cybertronians as machines.

20. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    so what other forgotten hasbro properties that were failed cartoons in the 80's should get revived to fight transformers in 2018?

• Like Like x 1