Transformers Vs. The Visionaries #1 PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Wow! Yet another series focused on "we're humans and we hate Transformers! Let's see what we can do to destroy them!" ...Sorry, but easy pass for me.

• Like Like x 5
  4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Never realized Cryotek was a name reuse from Visionaries...

Hmmmm. Wonder if the writer's making use of that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    To be fair, these aren’t humans. And this type of bias is no different then what we saw in Rom vs TF.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is cool. Out of all the hasbro franchises that deserve a resurrection, visionaries is on the top of my list. I would love a live action film. Just as long as they don’t try to tie it into the transformers movie universe.

7. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    Im gonna pass on this....not because its a crossover but because I cant stand the writer for a multitude of reasons....lack of talent and originality least among them....

• Like Like x 1
  8. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    agreed immensely

• Like Like x 1
  9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah; and honestly, while I dislike that this sidelined Mairghread's book, the notion of a hostile race invading Cybertron is SURPRISINGLY underused.

There's Space Pirates with the Quintessons, Aligned continuity w/ the Quintessons, and.... well, if we include Eugenesis (which is a Roberts fanwork) that's another example BUT also involving Quintessons.

EDIT: There's also TF vs GI Joe. But yeah, it's a VERY fertile ground.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    this is why we cant have nice things (like TAAO)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cyberdramon

Cyberdramon 地獄の番犬

Why do we hate the writer? It looks like she's rising talent according to the accolades her work has received. I haven't had a chance to finish First Strike but I like the idea of Transformers interacting with other creatures in the universe. It should make for an interesting story when Unicron shows up and is a threat to the entire existence. But I'm kind of into that level of world building.

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Back around July, she was rather angry about Trans people being no longer allowed to serve in the military. She vented her anger(without thinking) on Twitter in a rather angry tweet, with f-bombs and a “threat” of violence with a baseball bat against “cisgendered assholes”, it was obviously hyperbole as no such act took place.

After it caused a firestorm, she later deleted the tweet and sincerely apologized. Apparently she was new to using Twitter.

That’s what some people have been focusing on.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I have to express some concern as well regarding the hatred towards the writer.

I looked her up and she appears to be the subject of videos that (going by the titles) seem to be made by alt-rights aka really nasty-sounding guys who think they're right about whatever they say.

Ugh, I hate people like that.

Moreover, has anyone read Kim and Kim? Apparently that's by the same lady and a video claims that the story's unfinished. Is there any truth to that?

14. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Not feeling the desings of the Visionaries (but I figured I wouldn\'t). Punk Rock meets fantasy might be kinda cool elsewhere, but doesn\'t really scream \"Knights of the Magical Light\" to me. The art, as executed, is fine until you get to the Transformers. Odd interpretations, here, with strange proportions. 

All I can say about the writer is what I say about all of the writers; I hope she\'s a fan of the properties. 

• Like Like x 3
  15. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

I don't know much about her myself, but from what I've seen of her, the hate has less to do with her politics and more to do with how she approaches them. She's less "Here's what I believe and here's a solid and compelling argument as to why I believe it" and more "Here's what I believe, anyone who disagrees with me is human garbage". She attacks the alt-right, the alt-right attack her back and the whole thing just becomes a huge mess.

Personally, I think I'll just judge the comic on its own merits. She's meant to be a good writer after all, and that's the thing I really care about.

16. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Is it me or is that the case with every non-regular TF artist? (Though granted it's not like drawing Transformers is easy)

17. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Can we really call Ossio a non-regular artist though? Prior to this, he was drawing Revolutionaries, which had a bunch of Transformers running around, most notably Kup and Blackrock. He's been drawing Transformers consistently for a year now. I think that makes him a regular.

Personally I like his style, though I will admit that the proportions are a little unusual.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I'm merely an okay artist (I was always more geared towards cartooning than fine draftsmanship), and I've loved Transformers since I was six. In the intervening thirty five years, I've never been able to draw them well at all. It takes someone who's really skilled at drafting machinery and the like, I suppose, but someone who can also give them fluidity and a semblance of movement. Not easy to juggle those things.

THat being said, I probably would have had the artist take another pass at Kup and Ironhide. The artist is clearly talented, but it really looks like they were more into drawing the new Visionaries.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Furnace

Furnace The original Starscream

Why do the Visionaries need to colonize Cybertron anyway? There's plenty of other worlds available. If they hate machines so much, why not settle down someplace that's not the technological hub of the universe? Captain Fanzone's place maybe. At least then they'd have good company.

• Like Like x 8
  20. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    You guys need to stop with this"alt right" bullshit...this is the problem with mags and sitterson...you can't disagree or criticize without being called alt right. Sure there's probably a few....but thats not who these people have been hostile towards. Its actual fans who they then label alt right so they can claim displeasure in their work is unwarranted and ONLY exists because of hatred and bigotry and I guarantee you that couldn't be further from the truth...

Keep in mind you're all one disagreement with people like this away from being called a racist or nazi yourself.

For me yes the ways mags conducts "herself" on Twitter is something I take issue with. How quickly mags resorted to threats of violence with no repercussion is alarming but seems the norm with how talentless diveristy hires in comics these days conduct themselves. But my issues also lie with how formulaic the writing is. The stories are too similar with the same horribly written characters with disgusting personalities. All of this adds up to a writer I have zero interest in supporting

• Like Like x 3