Transformers VS The Justice League Comic Book

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    arguing which superhero wins > arguing which fan character wins

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what I was talking about. I may not keep up with it very well, but, I know what I'm talking about to a certain extent. There was some new info in there though (the whole yellow=fear, green=willpower thing thanks).

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

hey im a nerd, I know it, accept it, and actually enjoy it!

4. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

:rolleyes2 
    Ok, let me make something very clear here. When dealing with crossover events the winner is always whoever the writer wants it to be. You can point to as many past references as you want, the writer will make who they want the winner. There are more then a few crossovers where 'unbeatable' heroes and villains die to simple traps or schemes. (A good example being Superman's defeat in the JLA/Planetary crossover) Im not trying to argue power level here or that one side will ALWAYS win, as its futile. If they WANT the Transformers to win, they'll win. If they dont, they wont. That's the nature of a crossover. I am just trying to point out that there are easy ways for the writers to make things more plausible in such a crossover, not that it's going to be an easy win for either side.

If such a crossover does happen, i fully expect limits to both sides in some way, shape or form. Why? Because that's good writing. An entire issue of 'Alien from universe X shows up and gets clobbered without a fight' is boring to read.

The reason robots blow up so easy in comics is from the glory days of the comic codes. You can show robots blowing up, sliced into shreds, and destroyed in gruesome fashion when you couldnt with humans. Sentinels are cannon fodder because they were designed to be cannon fodder. It's nothing inherent to them just being robots. You can not just use 'they're robots' as an excuse to write them off completely. When dealing with a universe where aliens have advanced powers, there's no reason to believe that robots couldnt have powers of similar strength. and some robots have had long careers in the comics as heroes and villains. (Amazo, Brainiac, Etc).

Transformers are robots, but it's important to remember that they're also an alien race. They have superior technology, are adept at adapting themselves to changing situations, are capable of thinking and making strategies and have (At least in some versions) a galaxy spanning empire. This makes them as much of a danger to the various Superheroes as much as any other super advanced alien race. Transformers can be as much of a credible threat as any other 'world shaking' invasion you see in the comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.