Transformers vs. Silver Surfer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Poho, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    here is a review that my boss just posted on Facebook after seeing Transformers.

This was a terrible movie. Horrible script, horrible acting, visualy confusing...terrible. The special effects were nice, when you could actually make out what was going on. Everyone seemed stupid throughout the whole thing. So let's see, all the good guys are cars and trucks and therefore earthbound, all the bad guys can fly...so let's send the savior of humanity to a rooftop where he'll be safe?! What the hell?! Seriously folks, save your money and wait until someone you know will lend you their DVD for a week, because it will seriously take you that long to watch it. Painful.

What i find hilarious about his review, is that it pretty much describes Fantastic Four 2, which he absolutely loved and thought was an excellent film.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So where's the review for TFs?

3. Poho

News Credits:
    LOLOLOL thats what i said!

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I musta missed that part in FF2

5. Poho

News Credits:
    no man that's the Transformers review he wrote. unless you are continuing the joke.

6. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

Cop cars, stereos and tanks can fly?

7. Xplosion

Xplosion Banned

yea and cell phones and scorpion to

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

He said that it had good effects, but was visually confusing?

9. Poho

News Credits:
    the first time i saw it i was having trouble seeing what was going on. but there were no problems my second time through.

10. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I seriously can't understand the whole "action was toooo fast" complaint from some people. I though it was decent but it did need a lot more action. :) 

11. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I did not have any problem keeping up with who was who at all. Now, I certainly can admit that this was most likely due to that fact that I was already completely familiar with the character designs before I even aw the film, where as someone coming in fresh would have a harder time. I remember seeing the bot modes for the first time, and I had a hard time telling some of them apart at first, so I can completely understand.

12. Poho

News Credits:
    mmm, but if he found these script/acting flaws in TF, then how the hell could he miss them in FF2? Here's his follow up after I bitched him out for hatin' on:

The difference is that in Fantastic Four all of the characters were acted in accordance to their characterization. I mean Reed was acted as a big brained socially inept nerd, Ben was a lovable jock looking out for his buddy, Johnny was a hot headed woman chaser. If they decided to do something it made sense within the context of the movie (even though most of the science was made up). In Transformers, it didn't make sense to send the allspark to the roof. It didn't make sense to continuously be driving around in circles. Why does putting the cube in a robots chest destroy it and the robot? Why did they want to destroy it anyway? Why was Bumblebee unable to talk before he got wrecked but all of a sudden after he takes a shit kicking, now he can talk? Why, when the allspark is in danger, is there suddenly time to stop and kiss the girl? I knew every moment of FF2 what was going on. Not so in Transformers. I could go on...

Yet again, a totally invalid argument, because all this stands true for Transformers. The man is clearly on drugs. Driving in circles? What?! And the allspark had to go to the roof so they could e-vac it via helicopter.