Transformers vs Gundams!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I always thought Gundams per se are more powerful than the average transformer. But the average mobile suit are weaker than most transformers.

To be more compatible, how about Robotech vs Gundam?

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

bigger's not always better...

my vote's for TFs.

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends who vs who....

Don't make me side!

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love both but transformers all the way!

5. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

If it's Gundams VS Transformers, shouldn't Unicron be on the TF side? :ev:  If all else fails, just open the Matrix and blow up all the Gundams.

6. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Wing Zero can destroy a colony in one shot, maybe he can do it to Unicron too :p 

And what about the Gundams from G Gundam? Master Asia will own all the Transformers!!!

7. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

I say TFs, because I think they can be just as fast and skilled as Gundams and if all else fails bust out Primus and his Ark Cannon and the pwnage will ensue.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    this thread makes me believe that few people have actually seen any of the gundam series, especially the last few (wing, seed, 00). gundams win this hands-down, no contest.

one on one, probably the only ones that would put up a fight would be overlord, any of the city bots, pm prime, victory saber, and any of the gestalts. and maybe devil galvatron or whatever from carrobots. I hear he had something really powerful going on. unicron and primus I would believe would be able to be defeated by a team of gundams, perhaps 5-10 of them, but eventually, they'd fall.

9. Julliant

But anyone who really treats this thread seriously needs to get a break.

C'mon - different shows, different laws of physics and levels of realism. This is like comparing Yu-gi-oh cards and Pokemon cards. omg Yu-gi-oh monsters the win bcos they have 8000 hp while pokeman has 120 hp! Plus - most of Gundam fights are in outer space, most of TF fights are within an atmosphere. How are we suppose to compare that?

Not to anyone specifically.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    well, no, I think you could still TRY to compare them. but I agree, that transformers are on an entirely different level, as they are sentient and probably as a result much smaller and less powerful. gundams vs macross valkyries, as someone else suggested would be much more comparable, although I'd still vote for gundams in that scenario.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Depends on which Gundams and which Transformers we are talking about since power levels and such vary from show to show.

The G1 type of Transformers might stand a fair chance against some of the weaker slower Gundams, but I wouldn't like their odds against some of the more insanely powerful and fast Gundams. I could see Prime or Megatron taking out the grunt type Gundams but even Megatron's arm cannon seems weak compared to some of the Gundam super guns.

Beast Wars Transformers were small compared to even other Transformers so no chance at all for those guys to pull off the win.

Of course the Gundams would totally mop the floor with the movie-verse Transformers because humans didn't even need a mech to take out them out. If a guy with a motorcycle and a rocket launcher can take out a movie Transformer then even a basic model Gundam should be enough to beat any of them.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    lots of gundam battles are within an atmosphere. earth and space colonies have had lots of battles.

Transformers tend to be brawlers, really. we've never seen a well-done transformer war scene. we see them fighting one on one pounding the crap out of each other, or standing across from each other with little or no cover, just firing blindly. we know that they have to be capable of strategic battles with massive armies, but we've never seen it. So even two decades after it all began, we still don't know their full fighting potential. we got a glimpse of the decepticons using genuine war tactics in the animated movie, but that was pretty much it. so gauging this is really damn hard. in an army vs. army battle, we cannot begin to imagine how it would turn out. we've seen mobile suits in these types of battles over and over since 1979, but never transformers.

since around 1995 (or what I call the death of the gundam franchise), gundams have been vastly overpowered, and are shown to take out entire fleets with their weaponry, and rather effortlessly at that. their attacks are flashy as hell, and they are no longer designed realistically, but rather designed like sports cars with legs. these things also have the benefit of the strongest plot-armor known to man. modern gundams are invincible unless they're being destroyed to be replaced by a better model in the next few episodes.

so against the modern generation of gundams, nothing can win. not unicron, not primus, not an imploding universe. the gundam will sparkle, spin, and shoot a ******edly powerful weapon at nothing in particular, and it will win.

Now, PRE-1995, we mostly have gundams designed with limitations. yes, they're designed as an evolution of military vehicles. they have strict maximum performance levels. they have to deal with ammunition, and actually getting damaged (and often having to go out for battle again before properly repaired). these things were true war machines, and because of the way they were designed, they'd probably have a good chance against transformers, but there wouldnt be a clear victor. it depends on who you're putting against who. Amuro Ray, Char Aznable (Not a gundam pilot, but still one of the best MS pilots ever), and Camille Bidan would likely be able to slaughter any TF in their way if they were armed with their respective final mobile suits. any other pilots? it'd range from fair match to an easy win for the transformers.

if we take the relatively realistically designed gundams and match them up against the only relatively realistically designed transformers (the live action movie TFs) then the results would be a win for the gundams. we saw that TFs can get tired (optimus prime). Gundams dont, and the pilots don't. they're sitting down pulling joysticks and pressing buttons. not much effort at all. they also have a size advantage, along with beam weapons which are so damn hot that they'd have no problem slicing through a TF.

lets get one thing clear though, every autobot except the dinobots would die against a gundam, because they're piloted by humans. they would not be able to destroy it.

13. Julliant

There's the problem. Different reality. Different laws. Different style. Even in science-fiction there is still the level of believability, and Gundam's level of believability is lower than TF, for the reasons you've already pointed out - technology beyond even Star Wars/Star Trek, defying laws of physics that even Lucas tries to obey.

Again, as I've said, this is like comparing Pokemon cards with Yu-gi-oh cards, or Luke Skywalker with Ryu, the latter can fire a freakin laser beam with his bare hands.

Definitely fairer to compare those two, but I still detest comparing different fictional realities, especially when it comes to anime. To me it's like watching the nuke-the-fridge sequence of Indy 4 over and over again.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting flashbacks to the "Gundam vs. Evangelion" thread that got a lot of traffic on another message board I used to go to.

Oddly enough, Gundams are actually what got me back into TFs. I really got into the show back in 2000 and started collecting and building some of the model kits. While shopping for them at TRU I discovered the RiD line and was absolutely captivated by the Car Bros. I put off buying them for awhile, but then one day I found my old TFs in a box, fiddled with them a bit, and decided to go get some of the new ones (X-Brawn and Super Sideburn, with Super Prowl added as soon as I could find him). Pretty quickly forgot about Gundam after that. :lol 

As for TFs vs Gundams in a fight, I've got to give the nod to Gundams. While Transformers have the advantage of sentience and don't require a pilot (Headmasters not withstanding), the Gundams have a notable advantage in weaponry. I haven't seen any of the recent shows, but the Wing Zero and X Gundams both had insanely powerful laser weapons and the God Gundam (Burning Gundam in the dub) was effectively a mecha Dragonball Z character. I doubt any TF less powerful than Fort Max could take on of those guys on and win (and the larger ones like Max would be screwed by the Gundam's maneuverability).

15. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

I see what guys are talking about with the huge gundam weapons. But when I look at the scenario in my head there are a lot of options, Can the transformers scan gundams? Why not? Also I kinda cheat for the transformers and give them the same art style as gundams with all the mega explosions. Last but not least megatron can tap into a black hole. So i do give the transformers a great chance but youtubing some of the gundam stuff it's like how big of a gun can you get?

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    size.

17. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

Gundams would win in a space battle. No contest there, since TFs have to fly ships to travel in space.

Then again, most gundams series are unrealistic...it's same thing over and over again. One boy or group of boys, war drama, people/colony gets attack and they are now part of the war, boy or group are EXCELLENT pilots despite any training AND they get the invincible MS with the latest weapons...until a better one comes along, they get defeated once or twice, large dramatic battle at the end and suddenly everyone wants to talk now and war over - boy learns something or get girl.

The only gundam series I can think of (I don't watch the older ones) that could be judge fairly when versing TFs is 8th MS team. The MS got the firepower and coordination for sure. Still, they aren't as invincible as other gundams in other series. TFs got disguises and I think they could win in a guerrilla tactic way.

If I had to choose a side, I would go with TFs. I just love them better. admiration of MS is like having favorites of fighter planes. TFs are characters within themselves.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The X Gundam's main gun is a giant orbiting satellite laser. It doesn't get much bigger.

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Grimlock would eat the pilots before they could get into the Gundams :lol 

Or just play with the emotions of the emo pilots.

The seekers could make the gundams chase them, the pilots wouldn't stand the 12+ g's that probably all of the seekers can and faint.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No need to. Give them long enough and they'll try to off themselves (Heero in Wing).

Who needs to chase when you have Funnels?