Transformers vs Gundams!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, Jun 2, 2008.

1. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

I was on this site. Can't remember which one and guys were getting into a heated debate about it. I'm a trans guy for life and have not seen to many gundam shows but what is there scale, and can they beat a transformer. Personally I feel a sentient robot will beat a human controlled figure just because of reaction time. But i will say gundams look very cool.

2. lita 1

lita 1 Records Keeper

Ebay:
    As far as scale, if you were standing next to an avarage Gundam you would be as tall as its foot. As far as which is better. In my opinion they ar both great in their own right. I prefer watching Gundam better than Transformers......The plots and animation are superior. And Gundam models are much, much fun to assemble and display.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gundams do tend to be pretty large. Around Prime's size. As far as beating a TF, the main stars of Gundam always are super talented so they could probably beat most TF's one-on-one. The normal generic Mobile Suit pilots would probably be taken down by many TF's.

4. lazerrodphill

So a talented gundam pilot can beat starscream or jetfire?

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

[​IMG]
    :D 

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably. At the end of Gundam SEED Destiny, Kira was dodging DRAGOON fire (think 10-multi-barreled super-quick auto-drones with robot melting plasma cannons) without breaking a sweat, while toting a frickin' METEOR pack (massive booster unit about 5 times larger than his own Gundam) on his back, with no appreciable damage.

That, and upon acquiring his brand new Strike Freedom Gundam, disabled an entire platoon of ZAFT forces and their motherships in the span of about 5 minutes.

Skilled Gundam pilots could eat TFs for breakfast.

7. lazerrodphill

sick!!!!!!!

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scale is way off in that pic. The Wing Gundam is about 16 metres tall, and it's one of the smaller Gundams out there. Realistically, Prime is what, 9-10 metres tall? Prime'd probably be physically stronger still, but in terms of weaponry, he doesn't cut it.

9. lazerrodphill

I just did some research and feel, if a world where gundam and transformers were in an all out war transformers would win off of pure fire power omeg supreme, trypticon, and all the big boys would overwhelm the gundams. Transformers would most definetly take some losses. But the animated stlye of gundams is faster in general so they look extremely fast. But transformers do have star saber and other bots who can most defenitely handle some piloted robots. I can't front I was hpoeing for a more firey debate so hopefully some more peopl get in line . Also can anyone link some coverage of a gundam that turns to three jets and tell me who it is I think I want it.

10. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    V Gundam, V-2 Gundam and ZZ Gundam turn into 3 ships. But all three of these things hardly 'transform' into the ships. They are basically the parts becaoming more compact or becoming slightly more aerodynamic (As in you can tell which ship makes the legs, which ship makes the arms etc.)

Edit: What the heck? I made this post at 1:45 but my post is now 12:45...

11. lita 1

lita 1 Records Keeper

Ebay:
    I just finished Gundam Seed about an hour ago (for the 5th time) and the providence gundam messed up the freedom pretty good. But again, it took all the drones to do it.

12. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Since when was scale an issue for Transformers?

13. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
  14. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shit!
    Browser hanged, not likely to suck it again from my fingers - I'll make it very brief:
    TF vs Guns equals comparision Wars vs. Trek. Not compatible. TF = sentient robos, Guns = pilot charas with plot and antagonists. Me, more like the mythos of G1 TF of 2 warring factions about NRG and Freedom. Guns alike, different timelines. One seen Gun, seen them all. Generic looking.

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I still wish they would use Tf's in super robot wars, then you could have Tf's vs gundams.

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    TF Galaxy Force is best suited for SRW. Sonic Convoy can duke it out with the best MS pilots :D .

17. Kaz

Kaz Well-Known Member

Gundam Wing Zero piloted by heero can destory any transformer besides unicron and primus.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    MP Optimus Prime can destroy a majority of Gundam kits easily if you use it like a club. :) 

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Good answer! :D 

Of course it's a pretty ridiculous question, since they both come from very different fictions... not to mention there are about a million Gundam continuities with varying power levels associated with their mechs...

But sticking to the fundamentals, if you put an assortment Universal Century Gundams (original continuity) and comparable mobile suits against G1 TFs in equal numbers on the ground (Gundams are wicked agile in space, but in gravity they tend to be a bit more grounded), I might give it to the TFs.

They'd be better coordinated, and probably tougher relative to their size (though the Gundams would be bigger). Also their overall level of sci-fi technology would be higher.

However a Gundam is usually as good as it's pilot, and the best pilots are Newtypes (the next step in human evolution with advanced mental processing abilities and greater machine empathy). Upper level Gundam suits and Newtype pilots would be terrors on a TF battlefield. Likely as skilled as any TF, their beam weapons would be comparably as deadly as Prime's rifle or Megatron's Fusion Cannon. Worth noting however that Gundam beam rifles usually exhaust their power sources very quickly.

Also I think heavies like Omega Supreme and combiners would probably wade through most Gundams... though there have been some mobile suits with INSANELY powerful weapons that could take those guys out.

However... one on one... Prime vs. most Gundams, I'd give it to Prime. Optimus is essentially a TF superhero, while a Gundam is still a guy in a walking weapon made by humans.

Getting to the more wacked-out unrealistic "super" Gundam series, it's hard to say...

zmog

20. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    As sentient warring robots, i like to think TFs would be more versatile and adaptable on the battlefield, tho' most Gundams would probably be more heavily armed than the average TF.