Transformers vs. Gobots!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by -Mainframe-, Oct 3, 2008.

1. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

The story :thumb 

If anyone finds more of these link them.

What would your version of this battle be like?

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    The Transformers met The GoBots in battle and utterly destroyed them.

The End.

I stopped reading after that.

The fanart revision of TF-looking GoBots wasn't bad though.

3. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

HA HA HA! Right on Voiceroy! The Transformers tore those mothaf***as up, buried them, and deleted their names from the historical database. The end! Ooh that didn't sound anti-gobotish did it?

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Well I would like to see creeper jeeper as a universe hound repaint now that you mention it. And road king should hasbro want to do classics voyager prime one more round.

I liked a lot of robots as a kid, I was'nt very particular back then.
    Now I'm a judgemental and vengeful TF Fanatic. So tread lightly other toy lines, you know who you are.
    But seriously cy-kill is a good name for a evil robot. Blane is a fire pokemon gym leader. No relation.

More on topic fan fiction can be very grateing to those whos friends don't make them read it all the time. Don't we have a subforum for this?

5. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I'd love to see in some sort of new toy form:

Cy-Kill
    Zod
    Scales
    Leader 1
    Turbo
    Tux
    Coptur

:thumbs2: 

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but as a kid I never made a distinction between Transformers and Gobots. I had plenty of both, and loved them equally. While larger-scale Transformers like Prime, Soundwave, and Grimlock definitely dominated the silly Gobot windshield-faced figures, the smaller, die-cast, Matchbox-sized Gobots mopped the floor with their equivalent Transformer minibots. Gobots mostly suffered from an inferior cartoon and a weaker mythos (not to mention ridiculous names).

But as toys, they definitely held their own. Look at Res-Q vs. Ratchet, Scratch vs. Brawn, or Pathfinder vs. Cosmos. Gobots definitely had some winners.

Not to mention one of the greatest transforming robots ever, Tux. He was a Rolls Royce that turned into a robot wearing a METAL TOP HAT. Bad. Ass. I'm being completely serious.

Anyway, that is all. I'm glad that in this day and age Gobots are gone but not forgotten, and pop up more and more in the TF universe.

Hell, I even like Rock Lords. :) 

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I was going to step in and defend Gobots..... but WhiteMocha basically said everything i was going to say. There were plenty of times i opted for a Gobot instead of a Transformer.

8. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

It has to be better than that. :rolleyes: 

I didn't write or draw it.

It was still interesting.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Too bad whoever wrote that pile of dreck apparently never actually watched an episode of the show.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I wouldn't play with kids who had Go-Bots instead of Transformers. Evidentially, that was my first sign of being an elitist ass. :) 

That said, I apparently had more Go-Bots than I ever realized or wanted to admit in later years. While I always stayed away from the usual suspects ala Cy-Kill, Leader 1, etc., it turns out that I had quite a few of those bigger cars who had windshields for heads. I had no memory of that whatsoever until someone posted a bunch of old 80's Sears X-Mas catalogue scans quite a few months ago, and then I suddenly remebered having all of them. I have a feeling that when I was a kid and realized that Go-Bots weren't Transformers, they got buried in the toybox with everything else that I instantly lost interest once TF took over (Star Wars, He-Man, Hot Wheels, etc).

And I secretly paid attention to Rock Lords when that movie came out. Robots that turn into *rocks* of all things. I get embarrassed even thinking about it, haha.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    He's also an over-hyped illusionist who takes coffee breaks during a hanging upside-down stunt that was supposed to be 60-hours non-stop.

And anyway, "Blane" sounds a bit too much like "lame."

12. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    There wouldn't be one.

The Withered Hope is what there'd be.

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Originally Posted by Grimwing View Post
    Blane is a fire pokemon gym leader.

While were on the subject magmar is a rocklord. 2 nerd points.

14. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You get nerd points for that?
    So how many do I get for namechecking Boulder, Nuggit, Solitaire, Pulver-Eyes, Granite, Crackpot, Marbles, Slimestone, Tombstone, Brimstone, Stoneheart, Spearhead, Sticks and Stones?

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, sort of dreadful, both the redesigns and the writing. I kind of like his sketchy little drawings of the "classic" Gobots though.

And "Blane"? How the hell does that sound scary?? It's like one of those nonsense names you think sounds cool when you're 8 years old, and then when you grow up, you realize it has no meaning or weight at all.

If you're really doing a Gobots revival, you need to keep the names... even if your name is "Screw Head" :) 

Q to the F to the T!! Word up!! :D 

Tux was pretty sweet

Also, Defender was one of the nicest Transformers in my collection as a kid... and he was a Gobot, paradoxically. :) 

zmog

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    For the record, I liked Rock Lords too. Also, GoBots were generally cheaper than TFs and I also had an obsession with diecast metal cars back then, so I amassed a decent little armada of GoBots to accompany my Matchbox and Hot Wheels collection.

I got rid of all but a handful of them in the late 90's. I got most of them secondhand anyway. They used to be really easy to find at yard sales and flea markets back in the 90's.

And I'll never admit to being a GoBots "fan", but I'm not ashamed to say I kinda enjoyed the show and many of the toys. But they were just an extension of my obsession with transforming toys.

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    The small Gobots were way, way, way better than the small Transformers. This is fact. The bigger ones, not so much, and the fiction was crap compared to Transformers, but I will to this day put Pathfinder up against Cosmos any day of the week, to cite just one example.

Also, Puzzler is awesome. Even Gobots haters have to admit Puzzler was something of an engineering marvel in his day since all the combiner parts were integrated into the design and didn't require accessories.

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Another bottle of QFT over here?

Transformers consistently won out over Gobots because the background and characters were so much better. But a lot of the Gobot designs are very, very cool.
    I'll even give a lot of props to the Super Gobots; quite a few of them were actually pretty decent (Leader-1 and http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades/SuperCy-Kill/cy-kill.htm]Cy-Kill are basically upscaled, slightly modified versions of the mini-versions, and the likes of Spay-Cee, Throttle and Spy-Eye are just plain good-looking figs). It's mostly the ones that have windscreens for faces that are the letdown of the group (and even then, you can't deny the appeal of Psycho... :p ).

I like the idea of a TF/Gobots crossover, but I'm not quite sure how I'd play it.

There was mention in the Gobots/Rock Lords movie of how both races were originally organic humanoids. I wonder if there'd be a cool way of integrating that aspect. Maybe Headmaster etc. technology could actually be based on that of Gobotron...

19. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Well in official canon, Gobotron exists in a universe that does not have Cybertron or Transformers of any type. And its inhabitants only crossed over to a Transformers universe after the G1 series had ended.

So your theory is impossible.

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Is that official canon as in Fun Pub? Because I haven't had the opportunity to read much of that stuff yet - I've only got Games of Deception from that continuity.

But that's from that continuity. Since it's well established that comics/cartoon/whatever else have too many inconsistencies to really be part of the same continuity, just because it can't apply in the Fun Pub canon doesn't mean it can't apply in any other.

That's the fun of AUs - anything's possible.