Transformers vs Bullets

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFFan01, Oct 6, 2016.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

You know what? I'm not even going to bother. You clearly can't stand somebody disagreeing with your views. You keep on complaining that I don't move on from complaints that you haven't successfully refuted. You can't see beyond your own opinion and believe that as soon as you provide some bits of flawed evidence, that your word should be taken as that of god. I love how you accuse me of ranting, then go on a three paragraph rant on a single element from a much larger post of mine. The fact that you accuse me of hypocrisy is hilarious, but despite the humor, I still think I'm going to block you. I'm sure you'll distort that into me running from the discussion but this isn't a discussion. It's you freaking out that nobody likes what you like.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It is bad when you have to go out and buy the supplemental books, comic books, games or toys to know something about a robot from another planet in a movie about robots from another planet. There are times when I have felt like the bio on the back of the toys has told us more about the character than the actual movie did. I know more than I ever wanted to know about what Sam's mom thinks he does in his bedroom but even if you put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you anything about Jolt.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're so right.

It's also a shame when we have no visual evidence of what happened to jolt, skids, mudflap, sideswipe, topspin, roadbuster, or Dino.. sure there are those playing cards, but rather than wasting so much time introducing wahlberg and his daughter or, introducing Sam, his new girlfriend, and job search.. they could've used that time showing us what happened to those characters.

Also, through 4 movies the second most popular character still has no actual voice. The radio thing was neat in the first movie, but 3 movies later, it's pretty lame.

Oh well.. I don't have much hope for the last knight.. I'm sure they'll introduce a neat concept that would probably have been better if they were actually building towards it through the previous movies.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Uncle Madness

Uncle Madness Well-Known Member

Wow!
    I don't post here much but normally when a person has this many complaints about the movies they'll crucify you, calling you a troll or hater....Basically everything but a child of God.

So is this one of those "Bash the franchise's premise but still support the films anyway" rants? Or do you rally want change in the TF movie ranks and refuse to buy tickets until that happens?

5. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Agreed, although, according to the TFWiki, Sideswipe was killed in Kansas City. So at least there's some closure there. I will have to disagree on TF5 as I think TLK looks like a beacon of possible hope for the franchise in terms of story and robots. What we've seen is just the tip of the iceberg. We haven't even heard Megatron talk! I think it looks promising, and, personally, AOE delivered on what I wanted from the Autobots. We got a lot of screentime for characters that aren't Optimus or Bumblebee! What this movie needs to do for me is what the others all failed to do (and I'm sure this one will too based on track record) is to bring on the Decepticons! I'm waiting with bated breath to see how they handle Barricade, and if they'll do him justice. But, only time will tell!

• Like Like x 1
  6. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

What if humans use Cybertronian technology to create bullets ?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was stated by Optimus in the second movie that they weren't going to share their race's technology to humans.

Anyway, it seems likely that humans have developed special ammunation to counter Decepticons, seeing as how bullets originaly failed to pierce Blackout and Scorponok's hide (yes, I was wrong when I said Blackout was damaged by bullets)

8. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

But, sounds like we saw the cemetery wind using drones in AOE and that walker in TLK made of Cybertronian technology.

9. TFFan01

News Credits:
    I think they were using their own technology to develop them. And even if they were using Cybertronian technology, they might have had reverse engineered it from the dead Cybertronian bodies they hunted, (as opposed to just dumping them on ocean), meaning AFTER ROTF.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Technically, they already have, but at the end of the day a fast moving hunk of metal is a fast moving hunk of metal. If they started making bullets that transformed in midflight or on impact though...

11. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Actually, according to Transformers Movie Handbook, the broken up parts are space dust and debris in which TFs coat themselves with to complete the meteor disguise.

12. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Also don't forget the fact that depending on the artist, there would also be pieces flying off in G1 (Marvel) TF fights. Andrew Wildman especially liked to draw fight scenes extremely detailed.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you seen the trailers? Count how many words are said by humans and how many words are said by the robots? And the movie is called "transformers"..

Also, they're introducing more human characters which will get far more screen time than most if not all of the new robots that are, I would say introduced, but let's face it, they just show up.

We always think the trailers are the tip of the iceberg, but they aren't, they're usually the best parts of the movie.

As for age of extinction.. I can't help but be annoyed. The first time we see prime and lockdown meet, what happens, we follow the merry band of humans being chased by cemetery wind, a wide shot of prime jumping and lockdown getting stuck. The FIRST meeting of the hero autobot and the bounty hunter is pathetic.

The first meeting between galvatron and prime, every other second they cut away to see the humans hiding and trying to get out of the way of an awesome robot fight happening in the background.

The glass box, the sucked up car, the hotel fight.. all a waste of time considering it's the third act of a transformers movie.

And when the autobots did speak, and when they spoke to each other, what did they say? A bunch of dumb one liners with no substance.

Anyways.. I go off like this because I love transformers and want an actual transformers movie. We can argue until the cows come home about how good the movie actually is, but none of that means shit when the transformers themselves are secondary characters, if you can call them characters at all. At this point they're stereotypical caricatures.

There are some really cool aspects to these movies, but the lack of forethought and planning really sinks through to me.

Why other people don't want a better movie that's more well received than what we've been getting is beyond me.

I used to defend the movies to no end, but I grew up and actually watched them and compared them to other movies I like, and they just leave a lot to be desired. I want to see a robot movie without so many scenes that just make me cringe.

I don't blankety hate the movies, and I don't hate all of bays movies. But when I go see a transformers movie, that's what I want to see. Not a boy and his car, I want to see the car and the cars friends.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

Do people not realize vast amount of time it takes to create CGI of the complexity that's in the Transformers movies? Not to mention the money it costs. That's how it has to be at the current level of technology. There's always the Beast Hunters movie for you.