Transformers Vintage G1 Reissue SOUNDWAVE? is it vintage? or reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Backstop, May 3, 2008.

1. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    oh trendclick how you never stop to surprise me!

Link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Vi...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Discription
    Transformers Vintage G1 Reissue SOUNDWAVE 100% Complete
    CONDITION:
    * The item is in excellent condition with normal wear.
    * 100% Complete with weapon.
    * Comes as you see in the picture.

Now I know its a tru S-wave but is this to trick buyers into thinking its old or reissue? or to just confuse them! Well at least now I know if I take my tru soundwave rip up the box and list is as vintage reissue I can post it for retail on ebay lol..

2. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    um.... reissue due to the chest piece

duh?

3. Backstop

News Credits:
    I said I knew it was a reissue? did you read the entire post?

4. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    guess not, I was drunk

5. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    BUT LOOK ---IT's vintage...IT's soundwave....yeah..

this guy is the master at mislabelling his auctions.....almost to the line of being fraudulent...which in my opinion this auction is.....

6. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Vintage Soundwave (ie not the Cybertron or Machine wars one etc) re-issue

Makes perfect sense to me, how is it missleading if the title says reissue?!?!

If he had put "G1 Soundwave re-issue" you wouldn't have said anything, but is that not potentially also misleading as it would not be G1

Far far too much moaning over auctions going on here at the moment!

Hitch

7. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

Agreed.

8. Backstop

News Credits:
    Well I do not agree as the point is he is trying to pass it off as something its not! Also if we are going to get all fanboyish, how can it be vintage? This verson never was released in G1? And how can it be a re-issue if there is no previous verson? Also there is no moaning here, So if your feathers are picked because people are saying your prices are high don't take it out on me.

9. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think what he means is that it's a reissue of a vintage figure. If they had put 'reissue soundwave', that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a reissued version of the G1 soundwave. It could be a reissue of cybertron soundwave, or animated soundwave or another soundwave. I think unless you actually know about TF, you also wouldn't really know what 'G1' stands for, so they threw in 'vintage' to make it more clear.

I don't think they are trying to pass anything off as something it's not. It's a reissue of the G1 style soundwave. It says reissue in the title, so where that's fraudulent is lost on me. If it said 'G1 vintage soundwave' it would be fraudulent, and if it said 'G1 soundwave' that would be borderline fraudulent since it's basically the G1 mold, but really it says reissue, so I'd agree that it's not passing something off as something that it's not

10. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

I've dealt with trendclick a few times.. he's a good guy. There's nothing misleading about this auction as it clearly states in the title "reissue".

11. Backstop

News Credits:
    ok, fair enough as with many things there is different ways of looking at it

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I dont see this as mislabeling or fraud at all. He is saying it's a vintage item, (which it is it the g1 mold), reissue. He doesn't try to pass it off as the original. Reissue MEANS ITS NOT THE ORIGINAL.

Some people sell vintage items, and this doesn't mean that it's the original item... It just mean that the product being sold is a reference or allusion to the original item. Some may sell you a vintage corvette shirt, and the shirt could be brand new, but as long as the picture on the shirt is of a vintage corvette, they told you the truth.

He uses vintage because the item being sold is a reproduction of an earlier toy. Thus it can be considered a vintage item. The simplest explanation is usually the most correct.